Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After many messengers brought updated information and declaring their tribe's sovereign developments in the new world, one critical object has caught the eyes of Malik-Shah; Treasure

During what now is known as the Golden Age of Persia, his father Jafar was content to make light of all expenditure, specifically donations to those with new ideas and projects coming back from academies in Greece, England, and even Celtia after some negotiation. It led to breakthroughs in the building of advanced weaponry, some being derived from original ideas of the English: The Crossbow

The second and more brutal advance, was the construction of a monster from Greek origin: The Catapult

Now, all who approached the Persian court with ideas, were given only a pittance with which to prove their ideas. Many left in anger and spoke of going to other tribes with his or her idea. To no avail. Malik-Shah made a promise to learn from Nether and never fall in the trap of losing troops or reap malcontent from lack of payment.

With his plans in motion and everything moving accordingly, Malik-Shah had the swords of Aleppo and Persepolis brought forth. Donning them and a new set of leather armor he gave the order for his personal sword company, the Jinn, to move south. Moving along was companies of both crossbowmen and catapults.

Now the Rome Imperium would fall once and for all.

Comment

English Pirates have landed in Scandinavia and engaged in more kidnappings of Netherlands workers. We have spotted 3 English Explorers, transported into our waters by English caravels who landed and kidnapped the peaceful workers building a road. The families of these men are left without fathers, and we plead to the international community that all lovers of peace and civility condemn these acts of piracy are barbarity by England. This is now 6 workers that have been stolen by English pirates.

Netherlands will pay a bounty for the death of these English pirates that brutalize and kidnap our people.

- Minister Selashen
      "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

If the statement you quote was not meant as a veiled threat (made whilst a non-aggression pact was still in force I remind you) I suggest you choose your words far more carefully in the future. Do you truly not see how offensive it is to speak of “good faith” negotiations for the sale of a city even as the premise for such discussion is your presumed inevitability of the city’s eventual revolt? As has been repeatedly stated, England has taken action to preclude your threats … be they veiled, hypothetical, or whatever you wish to call them.

As to the demand England “admit” to attacking Nether units. What is there to admit exactly that has not already been made absolutely clear in our discussion? Whether one says units are captured, enlightened, kidnapped, or have defected is mere semantics. The meaning remains the same, workers that were once Nether are now English. England has nothing to hide in this matter. We hope it serves as a lesson to all nations that those who demonstrate ill intent towards England will suffer consequences.

As an addendum there are a few other issues that should be mentioned:

First we point out that a total of seven (not six)your workers have been captured (if that is even the nomenclature you prefer?) If you are truly so concerned with their well being we suggest you at keep better track of these works you claim to morn so deeply. We also suggest you spell out what “bounty” you are actually offering, for at present your offer appears to be another empty Nether promise.

Second, I take offense at the suggestion I am defending France. I my previous statement I merely stated Nether has engaged in the same actions they now characterize as “piracy.” As a longtime enemy of the English people France would face similar raids if only they were so foolish as to leave their workers completely undefended. I also point out that another tribe has privately informed me you have conducted similar raids against their workers in the past. However, since this tribe has not make these allegations public, and I have no means to verify their claim, I declined to bring it up previously. I bring it up now though in the hope this tribe will come forward with its side of the story to put these hypocritical allegations English malfeasance to rest.

Third, your reference to repeatedly offering to open borders is also seen as offensive as you neglect to mention the huge demands you have premised as conditions for such an agreement. Off top of my head I recall the following demands for opening borders: indefinite payments of 100 gold per turn, turning over a great person, and turning over cities.

Comment

Where there is darkness there shall be light
          -Lao Tzu

Click image for larger version

Name:	Archangel_Raphael.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	9095649

Comment

When he heard the news he was ecstatic. Ships from the New World! It had been centuries since any ships had made the perilous journey along the icy path of Moses. But now a flotilla of English ships, powerful as any fielded by Nether or Portuguese, had been sighted on the horizon. A day Raphael had long dreamed of had arrived. He would seek passage on their return journey to the New World ….
            ……………………………………

In Nuevo York there was a thrill and exuberance like none the world had ever known. Long depressed by the morbid influence of Kafka’s insidious writings the city was in need of some light, some salvation. The glory of Raphael shall remain unsurpassed in the annals of world history.

Comment

Before the throne of King Lothar stood ragged monk, he pulled his hood and surprised the King said,

"Your Holiness, what you're doing here."

Pope Celestine replied, "Your Majesty, I am afraid that I come with bad news. Rome was captured by the dastardly French. They bribed urban poor open their gates to the city, and they rushed a group hyenas."
              At these words the king jumped up and shouted, "Oh those Frenchmen, I will not have sex until you wipe from the face of the earth France. Shout my generals."Click image for larger version

Name:	Saint-Augustine.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	9095674

Comment

To any foolish enough to attempt to recoup the unspecified reward Nether has offered for the death of English explorers operating in Viking lands, be sure to kill the English explorers and not the Nether ones that are also present.

Comment

There are worries, people are worried, traders are, foreign guests as well. In the north a new war has started, France is being invaded again. In the east China has declared war on Japan, in the south Spain and Persia are marching deep into barbarous Rome. In the west piracy is raging, with a heating political crisis between England and Netherlands. Reports have come that Portugal is arming at alarming pace, thousands of newly training crossbows are joining the Portuguese army every month.
                  Last edited by Greece (DoB); June 2, 2013, 16:55.

Comment

The commander of the front part of the Holy Roman army in the distance he saw the fleeing French spearmen: "Forward" he cried, "No mercy" shouted in response to his soldiers and pursued after the French Barbarians. Soon the screams ended and the army continued its march to Paris.

Comment

A howl rages through the streets, casting aside monuments like pebbles and torching building upon building until a great firestorm consumes every living thing in the settlement formerly known as part of the Roman Empire. Selected troops standing guard as stragglers and survivors are shot down by arrows and bolts, pinned by spears and found beaten to a pulp by the stones heaved by catapults outside the city walls.

The very, very few who survived, ran to other settlements telling of the cataclysm that befell them, by the hands of Persians and their leader Malik-Shah. About the wind of blades that ran before him in the shapes of men wielding two swords and slaying all that tried to stop them from advancing, showing no mercy against women or children, killing without hesitation until all who stood in their path was dead. Stories grew until the tale of Jinns became a legend, mothers telling their children to scare them into behaving;

"If you do not behave, the jinn will come for you, flying down from the sky and killing all you care about."

Comment

A tale of two cities....the great competition between two of the world's leading cities has ended. Nether troops supported by heavy Holy Roman siege engines lay waste to the once grand city of Paris. Smoke fills the air above London reminding all of the importance of maintaining a mighty army.

But few in England were surprised by such a turn of events for the collapse of France evokes the well known Taoist fable of the tortoise and the hare..... those with the lighting start rarely achieve victory.

Comment

Commanding General Roland holy Roman troops surprised watching the huge Dutch army occupied the surrounding hills:
                          Where'd as Dutch, intelligence nothing has reported. said.
                          Quickly find out what their intentions and ask their commander lunch at my tent. he ordered his orderly.

Comment

Fraudulent Dutch, General Roland shouted to his staff, immediate attack to lower these hyenas.
                            But the Lord did not have to wait for an order from the king-emperor
                            Not command immediate attack on Paris.
                            After two hours of Roland reported that 12 DUTCH divisions were destroyed and lost only one ax. Well said Commander must now destroy the remnants of their pack.

Comment

Working...
                            X