Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caroli Magni told his advisers: Islam is rising again and we have to take our place as defenders of Holy Church. All attendees spoke loudly, "So God wants." Caroli Magni called the Small Council in his private chambers to discuss counteraction against jihadists.

Comment

Originally posted by Russia (DoB)
      Would you care to join our Holy War against the evil invading Holy Romans? -Czar Kir Stepanovich
      So now after the latest string of insults to the Crown of Netherlands and the release of defamatory libelous forgeries against us, the Russian Czar comes crawling back to Netherlands to beg us to save him from the mighty Holy Roma? Send our reply, that King Christiansen knows no man by the name of Czar Kir Stepanovich - Minister Selashen
      "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

True friends know in difficult times.

Comment

Caroli Magni is spoken of as a benefactor among the qadis for taking up the fight against the kadir Russian and French Muslims. Likewise Nether has been named of good wisdom after the reply to the Russians, who after repeated attempts at reason, sent the last Persian messenger in return with his head cut off:

No messengers will be sent to the Russians until such time as an apology is given for this barbarous behaviour.

Comment

I finished the book years ago, and after many times reading it again, I came to the conclusion that another, secret organisation would be needed to keep an eye on the qadis. To prevent the possibility that Kafka's dream might come true. Here and now, with the sunset glowing, nothing is more endearing to me than listening to their just rulings in the courthouse of Adrianople as I read favourite passages in the Quran.

But a feeling in me makes this step neccessary. I have made a confidante of Hassan-i Sabbah, and he has been given reign to keep a watch on the qadis throughout Persia with the aid of a group of men known as the Nizari Jafaris. The last fifteen years, these young men, educated in the Quran and Hand-to-hand fighting will be the eyes needed to keep the qadis in line should ever the Byzantine arrogance come to infest them.

I pray they will never be called to do their work.

---personal journal of Jafar, fifth day of second cycles first moon, AD 980---

Comment

Working...
            X