X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 12 - March 2013]

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 12 - March 2013]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "Domination of Barbarians" (DoB)

Domination of Barbarians is a diplomacy game. The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread. Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

The political situation of Europe has undergone a complete upheaval. The French King appears mad at first, but in a shocking turn of events, manages to broker a deal with his old allies in Rome to completely cede their peninsula to France. Rome has abandoned Europe in favor of a stronger position in central Africa. Celtia secured safe passage from England through the path of Moses to colonize the New World, but the Celtic King suddenly abandoned his plans and left his people leaderless on the wild shores of the New World, either to wander in exile or to be killed by bloodthirsty barbarians. No one has heard from them since they left Celtia...

To strengthen her military advantage and secure her New World colonies against the threat of Barbarian invasion, Elizabeth introduces a new weapon of war to the World, the Crossbow. Twice as powerful as normal Archers, these new Crossbow Archers can fire lethal volleys with much more speed and force. The "bolts" as the missiles fired by the Crossbow are called, are tipped with the same wood, armor and shield piercing metal as Swords, called Iron. This makes the Crossbow a fearsome weapon against Swordsmen, Axemen and Spearmen. There is a new dominant force on the battlefield.

The Age of Discovery continues into an new Age of Settlement. The English are joined in their quest to conquer the New World by the Portuguese. In an entirely new kind of ship called a Carrack, the Portuguese are able to bypass the path of Moses entirely, and sail across the vast Western Ocean to reach the New World.

The race is on. A steady stream of adventurers are now making their way to the New World, with more arriving each day. First coastal settlements are springing up in both the Northern and Southern Continents, followed by even more parties venturing further inland. The demand for the Portuguese made Carracks increases as the great push to the New World becomes a global one. The Carrack is the new supreme ship of the seas.

At the same time, Holy Roma brings the world to the brink of a Holy War by threatening to invade Byzantium on a Holy cruscade to capture the Islamic Holy City of Mecca. Germany came close to re-igniting the war with Russia, this time including Netherlands in the tensions.

Meanwhile, the situation in Africa has settled into a tense, but profitable stalemate between the Catalunyans, Romans, Portuguese and Greeks. Catalunya holds the Northwest, while Rome has the central jungles and Portugal has taken the South, and the surrounding islands. The barbarians have been swept from the Continent. Africa is now part of the Civilized World.

Greece holds the east and most importantly, the Nile. With the prosperous and populous villages and hamlets dotting up and down the river, Greece enjoys an amount of commerce that the world has never seen. With this bounty comes advances in science and technology that the rest of the backwards world can only dream of and envy. Greece has emerged as a World Power to rival England and Persia.

Asia sees a new dawn as a new leader emerges. She sets immediately to the work of repairing Persian relations with her Asian neighbors. An expedition of cooperation and goodwill sets out across China and then into Japanese lands, giving the Persian immortals a chance to show their prowess and also an opportunity to heal the rift between Persia and Japan.

The Chinese Emperor escapes an assasination attempt with ease, using his always increasing powers to sidestep an assasin's arrow. However, his secret is now apparent for all the world to see. There is no way to know how the world will respond to the truth, that his Immortality has overtaken his humanity and made him something more, something completely new...

Headship / Royal Lineages of the World

Barbarians
    The Children of Barbarous the Expelled - Warriors, Spearmen, Axemen, Archers and Galleys sighted

France
    King Louis XXXV the Kingdom, successor to King Louis XXXIV the all-seeing all-knowing all-hearing friend and High protector of the world, successor to King Louis XXXIII the Omniscient, son of King Louis XXXII the Benevolent, successor to King Louis XXXI the Quaker, successor to King Louis XXX the Isolationist, successor to King Louis XXIX the Unfortunate, successor to King Louis XXVIII the Traveller, successor to King Louis XXVII the Arbiter, successor following the assasination of King Louis XXVI the Beloved, descendant of King Louis XXV the Seeker, descendant of King Louis XXIV the Last Hope, descendant of King Louis XXIII the Festive, descendant of King Louis XXII the Spendthrift, son of King Louis XXI Defender of the Faith, descendant of King Louis XX the Grim, descendant of King Louis XIX the Golden, son of King Louis XVIII the Bored Boar, son of King Louis XVII the Beast Tamer, son of King Louis XVI the Sea King, son of King Louis XV the Wine Trader, successor to King Louis XIV the Christian Abolitionist, successor to King Louis XIII The Martyr, successor to The Silent Kings, Louis V- Louis XII, successors to King Louis IV, son of King Louis III the Gullible, son of King Louis II the Zealous, son of King Louis I the Stalwart, first Monarch of France, successor to the Torino Workers, survivors of the Stonehenge Defenders, Successors of the Elder Mystics, Keepers of Benoit the Immortal, appointed successor of Tribal Chief Andre, traverser of the Alps, appointed successor of Pierre, First Despot of France, slayer of Jean-Guy, former co-ruler w/ his wife Patrica & brother Jean-Paul, son of Jean

Spain

Duchess Himilce, Princess of Spain, Aunt of Astor

Portugal
    Pedro Machuka, son of Porto & Portu, husband and wife

Netherlands
    King Christiansen son of Queen Kirsten, joint ruler with King Christiaan twin daughter and son respectively of King Christofoor, first King of Netherlands, unifyer of The three factions, slayers of Hanz the Dutchman, named successor of Trotseer the Brave, named successor to Chieftain Aantaleen the Primersteleider and his wife Angeline of France

Ottomans
    Head Chieftain Durukan Hamdi emerging from the Age of Silence following the rule of Head Chieftain Bedri Ayhan

Byzantium
    Emperor Leopold, successor to Justinian II, successor to the Tribal Chieftains, successors to Leader Justinian I, son of Leader Constantine

China
    Qin Shi Huang the Eternal Emperor and his wife Aiko of Japan, successor of the Mother of Qin Shi Huang, successor to the Father of Qin Shi Huang

Norsemen
    Harald Hardrada, son of Chief Ragnar

England
    Queen Elizabeth the Immortal

Celtia
    King Brennus, returning conqueror of King Ire, imprisoner of Lord Chieftain Brennus & Aithe

Japan
    Empress Aiko (wife of Qin Shi Huang the Eternal of China), proclaimed Empress following the death of her brother, Heianshi Ainu, appointed to succeed the Family Elders of Kyoto, along with Ainu of Nishikyo & Jiraya of Osaka following the death of Tokugawa, defender of Kyoto, Leader of Japan

Russia
    Czar Stepan Yakovnic, son of Czar Yakov Antonovich, son of Czar Anton Konstantinovich, son of Katarina Konstantinskaia First interim Czarina of the Rus Empire, successor to Czar Konstantin Simonovich, brother of Czar Leonid Simonovich, successor to Czar Simon the Lover, Undisputer Leader of Russia, successor to The Counsel, interim succesors following the slaying of Stanimir defeater of Rostislav, successor to Volg, defeater of the Slav King, usurper of The Czar, successor of Ivan Grozni, successor of Ivan Dragonoff, succesor of Leader Peter

Arabia
    His Emminence Mohammed V, following the Arabian exodous and subsequent exile of Grand Ayatollah Kulayni, ending the joint rule of Mohammed V and Ayatollah Kulayni, leaders of the The two Factions, emerging from conflict between the The Tribal Leaders, successors to The Prophet & his wife,
    Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

Rome
    Imperator Augustus, successor to The Council of Rome, ruling following the abdication of Imperatrix Minerva Julii, wife of Aulus Brutus, son of Titus Brutus of the Bruti family, successors of Marcus, leader of the Slave rebellion, beheader of Baron Von the tyrant

Persia
    Princess Boran, successor to Arsaces XLV, successor of Helu of Awan, rightful ruler of Persia, successor of Kikku-Siwe-Temti, ruler of Persia, usurper of Napi-Ilhush, usurper of Shushun-Tarana, usurper of Hishutash, usurper of Ukku-Tanhish, usurper of Tata I, successor to Peli of Awan, Rightful Chief of the Persian Tribes

Germany
    Alemanni the 1st Successor, to Herman

Greece
    The Citizens of Greece, successors to The Workers of Greece, successors to the Jungle Fighters of Greece

Holy Rome
    Caroli Magni
    Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 8, 2013, 14:49.

Comment

Happy, smiling messengers arrive to deliver this good message from Louis:

To this day of celebration comes a new form of entertainment in the Kingdom of Louis; the King's Dance - a majestic dance form with flowing movements and fanciful flourishes made by one hand extended in the air while the other is curved in front of one's bosom. Soft steps in tune to a beating drum and elegant flutes mark this as the highlight of art in the Kingdom.

Performed by ladies in appropriate red and black attire with gold jewelry:

The men in appropriate silver shirts with matching tights:
      It has already spread wide acclaim as the invitation dance performed at the acceptance of the City of Rome, now renamed the Wall of Louis to commemorate the grand wall encircling the city among the hills. After long discussions and the abject exodus of the Japanese quarter -said to be the only stain in Louis XXXV's eyes when he inspected the city- a formal agreement was drawn up between Rome and Louis, whereupon Rome's citizens withdrew from their long-regarded city of splendour in favour of the new Roman cities in the south of Africa, where the ruling family have built a new palace in the city of Novum Roma, declaring it the new Roman Empire capitol.

With an entire city to repopulate, Louis invited every man and woman from the countryside between the ages of 15 and 20 to partake in what came to be known as the Feast of Louis - a grand debauchery and wanton merriment granting pleasure and housing for every participant who found themselves a new wife or husband within the thirty-five days that the festivities took place. One day for each generation of Kings, will bring plenty of new children to play, grow, and work within and without the Wall of Louis.

Comment

The departing messenger left a smell of an odd perfume in the air, and the gnashing of teeth by the guards at their post. The joined court of Kyoto looked up to their Empress and her unsmiling face as she speaks: "Those kings are more annoying than barbarians. First, they want to leave us alone, then messengers are sent to us time and again to remind us of frivolities and flesh-feasts? No! Stay your hand, guard. Let him leave in peace. Something is not right about these messengers.."

With the court in discussing the madness of the french kings, an interruption is heard from outside. The guard announce the arrival of Ken Watanashi - messenger from the northern front. Walking in, he goes on one knee before the Empress to report:

"Lady Empress, Shining Aiko of the East, these are the words of my commander Natsuke."

Empress Aiko,

The battle is going forward with satisfying speed. Barbarian forces have yielded many times and we are on the verge of taking their closest settlement. I regret to inform you of the loss of our Peacekeeper chariot company, as well as a full company of axemen recently joining us from the Eternal Emperor's ranks. A surprise attack at mid-day by completely reckless barbarian warrior, axe, and spear companies joined by archers in the north and west created enough confusion to assail and destroy those two companies completely. The few survivors have joined my ranks as we besiege their settlement. We await reinforcements and will mount a full assault on the settlement in one month. By then, they will be weary and weak from hunger after we cut off their supply-lines. They will die, upon my honor.

-Natsuke, Axe Commander.
        Walking across the courtyard as the messenger speaks, Aiko observe the courtmembers avert their eyes so her disappointment is not seen. She looks up towards the trees lining the hill, nesting around the Euclid Academy recently built after specifications lined up by students, arriving after many years of tenure in the Celtic Aryabhata and English Heisenberg Academies.

Above the entrance are the words: "The whole is greater than the part."

Now, they have positions as teachers at the academy and the influx of radical thinkers and inventive young men and women is a joy to the heart of their Empress. A heart now weighed down by the loss of troops so soon after the beginning of her Campaign against the Barbarians. She moves back full circle and stand in front of Ken Watanashi as he finishes his report.

"Make note of this, Ken. Your commander Natsuke is hereby ordered to not wait for reinforcements, but take down that settlement as fast as humanly possible. I want the leaders of their camp beheaded, every child below the age of six, every male and female above the age of twenty-five, killed. Everyone else are to be taken back as slaves to reinforce our infrastructure and build roads between our settlements. Delay is not an option. Defeat is not an option. Now go!"

Watching him run outside the perimeter and jump up on a fresh horse, she considers asking the Persians for aid, but decides against it for the time being. These barbarians have taken Japanese lives, and Japanese life will snuff theirs out with arrow, axe, club and sword. No mercy. No retreat.
        Last edited by Japan (DoB); March 8, 2013, 20:28.
        http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

'New orders"

The German officer hardly understood the dialect of the Netherlands captain of the Carrack off the coast of South America

"We must fulfill our promises no matter the cost. Tell the men we land here as planned"

'But sir! The Gr..."

"Forget that. Here is where was promised, and here is where we land!"
          "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Final_Vote_by_Aranthulas_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	9094836

Two public letters are sent out from the new Roman capital of Novum Roma in response to the recent communication from the Kingdom of the Nether.

King Christiansen,

Your alleged plea for help where you have asked Rome to close our borders down to Greece in order to help the Germans establish colonies in the new world is an insult to both Rome and Greece. Rome is well aware of how you closed your own borders with Germany to force them to pay a toll for passing through your waters, and that you are the very nation who with that act ensured that the Germans were not able to send their settlers and troops to the new world in time. That you now ask Rome to close our borders to one of our closest allies to save your own skin in a situation where you realize that you cannot fulfill your obligations to the German nation as there is not much land left to colonize on the coasts of the new world is simply not Rome's problem. If you truly care about the fate of the German nation, perhaps you should consider repaying them every single gold coin you extorted from them for their passage, instead of asking other nations to take part in your dishonour by covering up for your blunders.

Let this be a lesson for you that extorting another nation to pay ridiculous amounts of gold just to sail a ship through your waters is a most unfriendly and dishonourable act, and let the entire world know of your greed as I have sent a copy of this letter to all nations including Greece.

Augustus of Rome
            Alemanni of Germany,

I suggest you approach the leaders of the nations who have colonized areas in the new world and ask for cooperation in settling rights. Neither Greece, Portugal nor England are unfair nations, and I am quite certain that should you but ask them, they will not mind helping your nation establish a new home.

Rome will not close down our borders with one of our closest allies, and I will not help the Kingdom of the Nether to rectify their mistake when they were the ones who originally extorted your nation and treated you the way they did. I am more than willing to help your nation, but not at the behest of breaking millenia-old relations that have been built on friendship, trust and close cooperation. Please contact me if there is anything I can do.

Augustus of Rome

Comment

To all nations that Netherland has an official treaty of NAP beware, Netherlands has just broken their NAP with Greece and invaded our colony of New Athens. There was not even an attempt made through a diplomatic channel to come down to a solution. This morning the colony of Greece is no more, it has fallen into Nethers hands. We were offered just after the aggression a settler to repay for this enormous diplomatic damage.

King Christiansen you say that this land was promised to the Germans? Well you should have come to us and said so, not conquer a peaceful greek village. There is plenty of free land around for all willing settlers. But you instead decided to destroy what integrity you as a nation had.

I hope that you come up with a plan and fix this what you have destroyed.

My only duty as a ruler now is to advice our other international friends to be very careful with their dealings with you. I guess no one can trust you right now.

Comment

"What has happened?"

"Nether is said to have attacked and destroyed peaceful greeks to keep a promise."

"What?! Grab your stylus, write this down:"

King Christiansen of Nether,

It comes to me that you have attacked innocent greeks in their colony. Why have you done so? From all our past correspondance I have not yet seen you pointing to the Greek as a tribe to be wary of, far less one to attack. I am aware that the NAP agreement we had has ended. Does this mean that even with our previous good relations, you are capable of attacking those who think you peaceful? Do I need to post guards at my borders when your men come to trade and travel through my lands? I do not wish this to be, so for the sake of our friendship, I hope you will answer my question. Why.

Empress Aiko of Japan.
                http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

"What are these LIES?!!!" King Christiansen was beside himself with rage. "Messenger!" he bellowed "Come here to me and write as I speak! I have many wrongs to right!"

To Japan:
                  Empress Aiko of Japan,

We have broken no NAP agreements, we have destroyed no Greeks, we have attacked no villages, we have killed no one, we have broken no promises. In fact, we have taken extraordinary measure to fulfill our promises. I ordered my naval captains to declare War on Greece to accomplish an objective, namely to establish a colony for the poor Allemanian people, and give them hope of a new start in the new world. There was no bloodshed, but I felt the declaration of war was necessary to show the strength of our resolve, the serious nature of our determination to fulfill our promise to help those in need.

I did this, putting aside the advancement of my own nation in favor of theirs, because I believe that the advantaged should help the disadvantaged, the strong should help the weak. I believe this so strongly that I have placed the blood of my people on the line to fulfill my promise to Allemani the 1st sucessor and the Allemanian people, that I would deliver them to a new home.

We honor our agreements, no matter the cost. Friend and foe alike can testify to this fact. Japan is one of our oldest friends and has nothing to fear from Netherlands, however, if Japan wishes to have a NAP with Netherlands, she shall have it of course. Send your messengers to us to discuss this privately.

Now that Japan has publicly raised questions as to the honor of Netherlands, I must ask that you send messengers to discuss another matter. When can Netherlands expect to receive the colonies promised to us by Japan? It has been centuries since this promise was made, and centuries since Netherlands delivered SoJ officers to Japan in good faith, and it is my understanding that Japan has benefitted greatly from their services. Why has there been endless delay? Has Japan forgotten its promises and commitments to her friends?

Must Netherlands treat a friend as a debtor, constantly sending messengers to remind of obligations or can Japan be trusted to fulfill her promises without constant complaints and reminders? Why the endless delay in fulfilling your promises to us? Why do you publicly seek to shame us? We have never before publicly complained of your failure to fulfill your promises to us. Why do you treat us this way?

I hope you will answer my question. Why? And I hope that you will publicly retract address the insult you have done to our honor with as much gusto as you have shown to publicly shame us, friends that have never been anything but loyal allies to Japan.

King Christiansen of Nether
                  To Greece:
                  Citizens of Greece,

First, we thank you for handing over the small settlement to Allemania with no bloodshed. Your generosity and level-headed decision making is an example of why Greece is such a rich and powerful nation.

However we must have something clarified publicly as your public address was seemingly contradictory. Are we to understand that you agree to our honorable offer of a settler in exchange for the settlement? If so, we ask that you retract your slanders against our honor, as you can not have it both ways. Either you consider us as nations coming to an honorable agreement in a negotiation, or you regard us as thieves stealing land from you. Your statement implies both, and we must have a clarification. Are you willingly exchanging the settlement to the Allemanians for a settler?

Next issue, is that we demand a retraction of your accusations that we broke a NAP with Greece. This is a most grievous lie and a slander beyond compare. This must be retracted immediately and publicly for there to be any hope of relationship between Greece and Netherlands in the future.

First of all, the NAP that we agreed to was never intended to be eternal. It was supposed to end on turn 400. I had to check the archives to verify this but I am quite sure after reading the dusty tablets with my own eyes. There can be no accusation of any NAP breaking by Netherlands as even if you are talking about this NAP, it ended 33 turns ago.

But even still, Greece violated that NAP ages ago by closing Borders with Netherlands at the request of Byzantines. Part of the NAP was that borders were to remain open between Greece and Netherlands, but during the Netherlands-Byzantine conflict, Greece closed borders with Netherlands in response to a request from Byzantines. This was a violation that dissolved our NAP, and this took place many centuries ago. However as I have already said, that is irrelevant, as even if you attempt to say that you did not break the NAP, the NAP still would have expired on turn 400.

I hereby demand a public apology for your slander.

King Christiansen
                  To Rome:
                  Augustus of Rome,

Before I address the general tenor of your statement, I will say unequivocally that Netherlands did not extort the people of Allemania. We helped them, at great cost to ourselves. Furthermore, our assistance was not blundered as Rome suggests. We achieved a faster result for Allemania than anyone else could have. We did not extract one penny from Allemania for our assistance, in fact we offered our help completely for free. We hope that the Allemanians will publicly confirm this, and when they do, we will demand a public apology from Rome for their disgusting, ill-informed, Grecian-boot-licking insults and slanders.

Augustus, your craven, despicable conduct is a insult and a shocking disappointment to Netherlands. That Rome, the greatest backstabbing betrayer in all of Netherlands history would dare to accuse us of dishonor is beyond belief. I will not list your slimy, cowardly, disgraceful acts of betrayal publicly yet, as I will give you an opportunity to retract your disgraceful statements against us. But know this, Rome's betrayals against Netherlands were forgiven, but not forgotten. If you do not retract your slanders against us, then consider your nation unforgiven in our eyes.

I will not say more on this matter until I have heard what you have to say.

King Christiansen
                  Last edited by Netherlands (DoB); March 9, 2013, 11:27.
                  "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

Lounging on his Golden Throne, with dancers doing their utmost to perform to his pleasure, the King listens to messengers from many nations. A non-commital wave makes it plain that he is bored with this prattle from the other tribes. The messenger, halted in mid-sentence, hastily retreats at the behest of the King's Hand -the elite swordsmen among all trained in France, sworn to protect the King- and awaits a chance to complete his message while standing to attention in the hallway outside the Golden Court. Long hours pass, and the court empties out with nothing but guards awaiting on the outside.

A member of the court comes up to the messenger and bids him follow. As they walk down and down long stairs to the basement levels of the Palace, a fear grips the messenger as tales of this place is coupled with a dread to never be seen again by his family. He is lead into a dark chamber of stark, grey stone. The very foundation of what is held above. With a racing heart, he turns toward the man leading him here, but gets only a glimpse of the face as the door is shut in his face. Jumping towards it, he hears the *clack* of the bar outside just a moment before he crashes into it, badly bruising his shoulder. Then... silence and darkness.

~**********~

A voice is heard from the far end of the dark chamber, speaking softly, carefully. "Another visitor? Stay a while. Stay forever!" and the messenger thought his heart, unable to beat faster, would freeze to ice by that voice. "Come forward young man, you may yet survive this meeting." As it spoke, a bright light illuminated the darkness and a candle, standing upon a wooden table cast long shadows in the room, failing to illumine whoever it was that spoke. A wooden chair, a small cup and a jug stood upon the table. Coming forward slowly, he was bidden to sit, and make his message plain to the unknown being in the room.

After speaking his message, confirming it by the showing of a seal, a knife was suddenly at his throat! In a whisper, the being spoke into his ear: "Now, you will go up, speak to no-one about this, and await your chance to complete this message to the King. Failure to keep the silence, will mean the death of your sister, your brother, and your loving wife, before you die yourself, disgraced." The knife was removed, the door opened.

Visibly shaking, the messenger made his way up the stairs, now lit with candles showing the way. He spoke of it to no-one, and awaited his chance -which came three days later- to complete his message to the King. No message was given in reply, and he left, glad to finally be away from the Palace of Louisiana.

Comment

Qin looked out upon the City of the Western Gate.

For many years he had been travelling with his Guard through countless Persian cities. In each, the lord of each city greeted him with honour and reverence.

Now he was in awe when looking at this new city where their Princess Boran called home. Qin wondered at the wisdom and magnificence of the city builders, to build the castle walls into the mountain as if the mountain had gave birth to the fortress itself. Huge high walls stood as if held aloft by the sky themselves.

With the setting sun at his back, the walls were held in a red glow that looked as if the city within was filled with red embers of fire. He ordered his carriers to stop and he dropped down from his throne chair to walk the last remaining miles to the red mountain city.

Comment

King Christiansen,

We did not hand in the city, the city was taken by you declaring war and taking it for yourself. Sadly blood has already been spilled. We were only given the chance to respond only after your declaration of war, so i do not see how you feel this to be some kind of a trade.

Sir you did already take our city by force, how can you call that there was an exchange. From what we see you offered the settler to make up for the act of war you started against us. I accepted your offer, something is better then nothing i guess, but this doesn't fix your aggression

This is what i see and happened, war was declared and a city taken, with no diplomatic attempts made to come to a deal and understandings. I am very confused when you say negotiations, there were none attempted by yourself, only after the harm has been done yes you offer a settler to make up for something. You use the word willingly, but sir you already took the city by the act of war, how is that willingly agreeing you to have the city? And why are you using the Allemanians? they have never approached us for such a deal. Can't the Allemanians approach us and talk to us?

I am amazed that you ask for my apology, when you are the aggressor and the one who attacks with out any provocations.

I only can agree that you may be right that the NAP between us has expired some turns ago, i got this wrong and i apologize, but does this means unprovoked aggression by yourself to be honorable? I am sadden when you use the term, being honorable, how can one be, when he decided to declare war without even trying to talk a deal and work towards a peaceful solution?

You are not right about the NAP terms, our closing borders with you then was to honor a deal with the Byzantines, your actions were to harm a Greek deal.

This was never part of the NAP deal, i did even pull the document we agreed on:

"This is just to note down our deal in stone to have NAP until turn 400 and OB also until then as we agree in game."

As you can see OB was a separated deal. Yes it was broken, but because you desire to attack another civ was going to hurt us indirectly.

I hope you wish to talk this out and really prove that there maybe some honor left in you.

Comment

Ships with Greeks and some of their allies as consultants have arrived from mainland Greece to investigate the new world crisis. After seeing the damage inflicted by the aggressors, the citizens of Greece call upon the Defenders Measured War law. Greece expects the city to be returned.

Comment

Messenger from Netherlands delivers a message to Greece:
                            The city will not be returned. Defenders measured war must be used during war. Netherlands and Greece are at peace. Netherlands never attacked the city, we only declared war and asked that the city be turned over for the Allemanians. Greece accepted our offer to turn over the city for peace. Netherlands has been fighting wars for centuries with France, we know well how measured war works. Greece can not accept a peace treaty and then ask for measured war. Once the war is over there is no more right to ask for measured war.

Greece must choose. Do you accept Netherlands offer to trade the city for a settler or do you stubbornly continue to claim that we took the city by force? If we took it by force why would we offer you a settler? If we took it by force then we offer you nothing. The settler is meant as payment for the city. You have one turn to decide. Either you accept the settler as payment for the city, and thus give up all claims to the city, or you can keep claiming it was taken by force and you get nothing. You can not have both.

Comment

As for your other claims, you have shown the document to the world
                              This is just to note down our deal in stone to have NAP until turn 400 and OB also
                              Clearly by your own words any fool can see that we have both an agreement for OB and for the NAP as part of the same deal. It is now obvious to the whole world that it is you who are in the wrong, for violating the NAP, and also that you are a LIAR for claiming that we violated the NAP because it clearly ended on turn 400.

Even if OB was not part of the NAP (which it clearly was) you have now also confessed that you are a dishonorable dealbreaker for breaking the OB agreement which you clearly accepted. So now I say that all nations must be careful of Greece dealbreaking ways.

Thanks for your half-hearted apology buried in excuses. Netherlands now demands apologies from Rome and Japan.
                              Last edited by Netherlands (DoB); March 10, 2013, 07:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X