X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 10 - January 2013]

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Story Thread 10 - January 2013]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "Domination of Barbarians" (DoB)

Domination of Barbarians is a diplomacy game. The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread. Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

There is great expansion in the world, along with great stagnation. Mighty Empires and Kingdoms are taking shape. In Greece, the Citizens build a Wonderous grand forum called the Parthenon, which will undoubtedly inspire even more Great People to emerge to lead the Citizens of Greece. Greece continues to push deeper into the African wilds, finding lush lands to settle along with riches to claim. Following a bloody struggle, the Netherlands factions are united under their first King, who then passes power peacefully to his twin children. Will this trend of Kings, Queens and hereditary rulers continue worldwide?

However, many tribes have reached the limit of their available land and the limit of the ability to grow. Unhappiness, disorder and even sickness have become widespread as the towns and cities reach the limits of what they can support. In Celtia, Brennus constructs the impressive Hanging Gardens, the latest World Wonder, but this does nothing to alleviate the cornered position his nation is in. What measures will their leader take to expand and enrich the lands of Celtia?

Persia remains the largest nation in the world, but others like the Ottomans, Japan, Greece and China have began more aggressive pushes for the land that is left available. Southeastern and Southwestern Asia will soon be all but claimed, leaving the stage set for massive conflicts. Even the Northern woodlands of Asia are finally being claimed, as brave warriors capture heavily defended barbarian encampments in the bloodiest battles the world has ever seen. Meanwhile, the Prophet Moses performs a miracle that reveals a path to new lands. England moves quickly to act upon this revalation.

Almost in unison, a world away, Mohammed V has his own divine revalation following a 44 day and night fast and holy pilgrimage. New holy lands are promised to the Arabian people, and foresaking all their lands in the Arabian penninsula to their Byzantine allies, Mohammed leads his people to a New World. Where will these new lands be? And what is in store for the Arabian people once they get there? Meanwhile on a spiritual quest of sorts of his own, Czar Leonid Simonovich travels the world visiting libraries, Monasteries, Academies and all seats of learning. His quest to gain knowledge and allies has been thusfar successful, increasing Russian power, influence, and more importantly, lands. But can his efforts outpace the aggresive barbarian conquest of the newly emerged Ottomans?

The children of Barbarous are being confronted and defeated all over the known world and chased further and further into obscurity. Persia has introduced a new kind of warrior that the world has never seen, the Immortals. They are the first warriors to actually mount their Horses rather than ride in Chariots behind them, making them even more effective in battle. These warriors are seen all over the World in Persian ranks as well as the ranks of Persia's allies like France. The Immortals prove themselves consummate weapons against barbarians, allowing Persia to crush camp after barbarian camp, sweeping across Asia, claiming land with breathtaking speed.

Not to be outdone, the ruthless immortal English Queen Elizabeth uses her advanced technology to introduce a new weapon, the Sword. With this fearsome weapon, the massive English military now has the might to assault cities and barbarian camps even when defended by Archers in hills. And assault they do. Englands military might is second to none and the Queen intends to use it. Elizabeth sends her leigions on a path of blood and steel across North Asia slaughtering all barbarians who oppose her might. With her new ally Russia, the English propensity for war only grows. After building another colossal statue to the English War Gods called the Statue of Zeus, Elizabeth uses the morale and inspiration from this project to pursue another period of endless period of warfare, instigated against her neighbor, France. This time, with her vastly superior Navy, Swords, and other weapons technology, England seems poised to finally bring the once mighty French Kingdom, her hated rival, to its knees. The question is, in England's quest for dominance, what comes Beyond the Sword?

France responds with a modest, but bold campaign dubbed the "Price Tag Attacks". Assisted by their ally Byzantium, France launches a hit and run attacks on the English coastal fisheries, protected with simultaneous defensive magics. On another front, France stuns the superior English forces with a suicide invasion that is quickly squashed by overwhelming English force, but gives France a small moral victory of having disrupted the infrastructure of a stronger rival. However, as England draws more allies to her cause, France is becoming weaker and more isolated, finding themselves with no choice other than to cut ties with neighbors who work secretly against them. The situation is not improving as more and more nations like Japan and Catalunya join in the conspiracy against France. Can France survive this onslaught?

In Japan, a mysterious super-sickness nearly wipes the populace out. Only the Emperor's sister Aiko is saved through the magic arts of her husband Qin, the Emperor of China. And though China's Eternal Emperor Qin lives on, he must send his beloved wife Aiko to take her place as Empress of her people in their time of distress. Despite the new responsibilities of his wife, Qin's endless struggle against the barbarians has only begun. And with each passing year, Qin's lust for violence, carnage, battle and the blood of his foes grows insatiably larger and larger, as if drawing and feasting on the blood of his enemies is the source of his immortality. Perhaps the immortal rulers are changing into a new type of being as they age? A being that needs war, death and bloodletting to feed their survival? Only time will tell...

Headship / Royal Lineages of the World

Barbarians
    The Children of Barbarous the Expelled - Warriors, Spearmen, Axemen, Archers and Galleys sighted

France
    King Louis XXIX the Unfortunate, successor to King Louis XXVIII the Traveller, successor to King Louis XXVII the Arbiter, successor following the assasination of King Louis XXVI the Beloved, descendant of King Louis XXV the Seeker, descendant of King Louis XXIV the Last Hope, descendant of King Louis XXIII the Festive, descendant of King Louis XXII the Spendthrift, son of King Louis XXI Defender of the Faith, descendant of King Louis XX the Grim, descendant of King Louis XIX the Golden, son of King Louis XVIII the Bored Boar, son of King Louis XVII the Beast Tamer, son of King Louis XVI the Sea King, son of King Louis XV the Wine Trader, successor to King Louis XIV the Christian Abolitionist, successor to King Louis XIII The Martyr, successor to The Silent Kings, Louis V- Louis XII, successors to King Louis IV, son of King Louis III the Gullible, son of King Louis II the Zealous, son of King Louis I the Stalwart, first Monarch of France, successor to the Torino Workers, survivors of the Stonehenge Defenders, Successors of the Elder Mystics, Keepers of Benoit the Immortal, appointed successor of Tribal Chief Andre, traverser of the Alps, appointed successor of Pierre, First Despot of France, slayer of Jean-Guy, former co-ruler w/ his wife Patrica & brother Jean-Paul, son of Jean

Spain

Duchess Himilce, Princess of Spain, Aunt of Astor

Portugal
    Pedro, son of Porto & Portu, husband and wife

Netherlands
    King Christiaan and Queen Kirsten, joint rulers of Netherlands and twin son and daughter of King Christofoor, first King of Netherlands, unifyer of The three factions, slayers of Hanz the Dutchman, named successor of Trotseer the Brave, named successor to Chieftain Aantaleen the Primersteleider and his wife Angeline of France

Ottomans
    Head Chieftain Durukan Hamdi emerging from the Age of Silence following the rule of Head Chieftain Bedri Ayhan

Byzantium
    Justinian II, successor to the Tribal Chieftains, successors to Leader Justinian I, son of Leader Constantine

China
    Qin Shi Huang the Eternal Emperor and his wife Aiko of Japan, successor of the Mother of Qin Shi Huang, successor to the Father of Qin Shi Huang

Norsemen
    Chief Ragnar

England
    Queen Elizabeth

Celtia
    King Brennus, returning conqueror of King Ire, imprisoner of Lord Chieftain Brennus & Aithe

Japan
    Empress Aiko (wife of Qin Shi Huang the Eternal of China), proclaimed Empress following the death of her brother, Heianshi Ainu, appointed to succeed the Family Elders of Kyoto, along with Ainu of Nishikyo & Jiraya of Osaka following the death of Tokugawa, defender of Kyoto, Leader of Japan

Russia
    Czar Leonid Simonovich, successor to Czar Simon the Lover, Undisputer Leader of Russia, successor to The Counsel, interim succesors following the slaying of Stanimir defeater of Rostislav, successor to Volg, defeater of the Slav King, usurper of The Czar, successor of Ivan Grozni, successor of Ivan Dragonoff, succesor of Leader Peter

Arabia
    His Emminence Mohammed V, following the Arabian exodous and subsequent exile of Grand Ayatollah Kulayni, ending the joint rule of Mohammed V and Ayatollah Kulayni, leaders of the The two Factions, emerging from conflict between the The Tribal Leaders, successors to The Prophet & his wife,
    Khadijah bint Khuwaylid

Rome
    The Council of Rome, ruling following the abdication of Imperatrix Minerva Julii, wife of Aulus Brutus, son of Titus Brutus of the Bruti family, successors of Marcus, leader of the Slave rebellion, beheader of Baron Von the tyrant

Persia
    Arsaces XLV, successor of Helu of Awan, rightful ruler of Persia, successor of Kikku-Siwe-Temti, ruler of Persia, usurper of Napi-Ilhush, usurper of Shushun-Tarana, usurper of Hishutash, usurper of Ukku-Tanhish, usurper of Tata I, successor to Peli of Awan, Rightful Chief of the Persian Tribes

Germany
    Herman

Greece
    The Citizens of Greece, successors to The Workers of Greece, successors to the Jungle Fighters of Greece

Holy Rome - ???
    Last edited by Sommerswerd; January 6, 2013, 13:22.

Comment

A message in three parts is circulated among the eighteen tribes, to France and their new King Louis XXX. The first part reads thus:

King Louis XXIX, may your reign be the most successful and noted of reigns in France.

I write to you to discuss terms.

So far -by the scriptures of Japan- we have waged war upon you twice. Once as response to the actions of your predecessors in bygone ages as our people were cast out from the safety of your camps with feet, hands and eyes gravely injured.

Then again as a trespass into your lands by the hands of an inexperienced and fresh Sailmaster, who now is confirmed dead by the Spirit Plague that King Louis XXVIII unleashed upon us. Before that, our most stalwart Sailmaster Koji made a promise to Porto, not to enter your lands, to ask for Peace. But we find your price too high then, with allusions to a library that does not exist. We know of no city called Apolyton, and while the spirits were with us they also found it to be unknown to them. The contact proclaimed by the King past, of the Oracle contacting Tokugawa was a slap in our face, and thus I understand the action -regrettable as it was- made by Ushiwakamaru.

By your own words, your King was killed by our people. Many stories were told about this and certainty is illusive after so many years. I ask you, were our people truly so efficient, so deadly, so good at hiding amongst you that even your own King was found to be vulnerable to us? Was it instead a simple accidental death, used by your priests to retaliate against us on a scale never before seen? I find it hard to believe that our people did it, but nothing proclaimed it more true than the response to the Death of your King. You massacred a multitude of us through the Spirit Realms that are now closed to us, and what people we had in France after years of trading are gone and unheard of.

You broke our collective spirit O King of France, I acknowledge French power in this.

Honesty fill these words; I hate you for what you have done to my people, my brother, and the prison of long life I am living in. Every day I recall them, especially Ainu, and I do not believe I will ever forget. Having written this, I understand that you may feel uncertain as to my motives. I will live far longer than you, and your fear of trickery and deceit from me can become a future hindrance to my true goal which is this: Peace among the great tribes.

Being honest is the most important aspect of any Japanese man, woman or child. Knowing that I hate you, you know where I stand. I do not hide this as others may, and I will answer you truly to the best of my abilities if you ever wish to ask something of me. I will not shy away from telling you that you are a fool if I think you act foolishly.

After the Spirit Plague, my people have found refuge in Christianity. In this we have become brothers and sisters in faith. Not what either of us intended I think.

I have answered you before asking what you want from us. Yet no reply was given by your predecessor. France has asked for a village in Asia. Is this still what you want?

I ask one thing, one honest answer from you: Will you still treat us harshly as the stories of old? Casting us into the cold with a broken hand, a broken foot, and an eye gouged out for the barbarians to feast on our bodies?

Awaiting your reply,
      Aiko, sister of Ainu, husband of Emperor Qin of China, Empress of Japan.
      The second, apparently the answer from the 29th King of France, reads thus:

To Aiko of Japan,

France has never desired war with Japan and has only acted in self-defence. Any invasion or espionage attacks against France will be countered by any means necessary. We make no demands of Japan however if Japan seeks an open border or any other type of agreement with France beyond peace then as previously declared they must first honor the previous agreement between Japan and France by providing the promised city. France would accept an island city south of Japan that is free of barbarian attackers as payment.

King Louis XXIX
      The third part, a new letter commonly addressed to King Louis XXX, reads thus:

To Louis of France,

Japan seeks honesty from France. The questions made to the King were far from answered. I asked your father if you would treat us as you did before, and he ignored my question with an answer in the most base and unbalanced of terms. The founding of an entire village to open borders? Was he sick from too much wine when he made this reply?

I find myself in agreement with England, when the Queen Elizabeth questions the value that France sets upon future peace. Weapons of war and no offer of peace beyond the Ten years of peace that is the code of old. None have broken this Peace of the Valley, and I believe none ever will. But using it as part of a bargain is something I would expect from a barbarian.

Your father never answered me, so I ask of you the honest answer: "Will you still treat us harshly as the stories of old? Casting us into the cold with a broken hand, a broken foot, and an eye gouged out for the barbarians to feast on our bodies?" It is a simple question that a simple answer, yes or no, will deliver true.

Your father never answered me: "I ask you, were our people truly so efficient, so deadly, so good at hiding amongst you that even your own King was found to be vulnerable to us? Was it instead a simple accidental death, used by your priests to retaliate against us on a scale never before seen?" This too, is a simple question that a simple answer, yes or no, will deliver true.

A man you are, and a man you will remain to the end of your days. Will you be a man of honor, and look upon your friends and enemies with an equal eye? The first question I asked, of treating us like stories of old, is partly answered by your father's demand for a village before open borders becomes reality. Is your life, your decisions, bound to the will of your forefathers, or do you find yourself capable of new thoughts and ideas?

Among my people there is a saying learned from the Christian faith: "Turn the other cheek." Are you able to follow Christ and do that? Even the Muslims and one of their followers who leads the Russian people have declared: “Follow up a bad deed with a good deed, to waive it out.” For the transgression of your priests, and the unforgivable deed committed against Japan by your Death Oracle I should ask for reparations from you. Blood boils but wisdom gained from long years prevail. Thus I am willing to turn the other cheek and accept the actions of your predecessors as the wrong-doings of a child. Have you more wisdom than your father and his father before him, to clean the sand between us and create a new bond founded on the ideal of Peace?

Past actions alone make this abundantly clear, so I will accept continued silence from France as evidence that you fear me and my people. It is the only reason that you could have had for releasing the Spirit Plague. Unless you actually have an answer to my questions.

Empress Aiko of Japan.
      -Recorded in the library of Nishikyo, 190 AD, the year of white rabbits.
      http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

Leonid travels south again after an extended visit in the splendour of Ice Island. On the way to Celtia, a fleet is sighted bearing the colours of the Northern tribe. Thousands of ships spread out across the waves brings a moment of fear, but no call to attack, no horn of warning is heard.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	232.7 KB
ID:	9094449

The Northern fleet sails past in grim silence, towards the ice-filled waters of the west.

Comment

King Louis XXX sends a public response to Japan.

France once again responds to your hostile words. To be clear France wants nothing to do with Japan. We do not seek war with you but neither do we seek friendship. Japan has proven untrustworthy by declaring war and slaying a French King during negotiations while under a banner of peace.

France has never claimed to unleash this spirit plague for which you accuse us nor have we ever acted against Japan other than to defend ourselves from your aggressive acts of war and espionage. The plague in question is presumably caused by the gods as retribution for Japanese treachery however that is a matter between Japan and their god.

All that France seeks from Japan and other non-friendly nations is for you to stay out of our territory and to stop your espionage against us. Leave us alone and we will leave you alone. Attack us and we will defend ourselves.

King Louis XXX

Comment

The endless line of French Lousianan Kings continues to intentionally persecute the people of peaceful Netherlands.

For no good reason, they seek to prevent us in engaging in honorable trade with our neighbors. We have not harmed their improvements in any way or used any agents against France as they falsely claim. Any fool can look and see that our espionage against France remains the same as it has for generations, so it is impossible that we engaged in any espionage missions against them.

Ironically, it is France's obstinate refusal to simply let us cross their waters by ship that forces us to send our SoJ officers across their land on foot in order to offer their services to our trading partners. As some are already aware, we have captured and defeated the Sons of Johannes, and integrated their agents into our own Corps. We refer to the entire division as the new Sons of Johannes or SoJ. SoJ agents travelling across France were captured. If France simply opens borders to us, we will send our SoJ by ship instead of across their lands.

If France refuses to abide by international trading norms, then we are left with few choices as we can not send ships south without passing through French waters.
            Last edited by Netherlands (DoB); January 8, 2013, 05:19.
            "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

A great schism has occurred amongst the Islamic people, after the Arabian tribe has broken the ancient Mecca Peace Accords that have united the Islamic Alliance by providing military aid to the English during their war against Byzantium.
              We do not know what was written in these ancient Mecca Peace Accords, but as it was Byzantine that declared war on England--who has always been a staunch ally and supporter of Arabia --would it not be Byzantine who had broken its vows?

Comment

Leonid Simonovich was an old, old man after decades spent travelling the world. He heard the ship creak as it moved through the waves close to Bibracte, his journey finally coming to an end. With a cane made from the bone of a giant fish from Ice Island, decorated with small gems in a pattern of the Tao, he moved up from his cabin and to the deck of the ship. Warm winds blew through his hair and beard, which had become white as the northern snow. His eyes had become glazed from countless hours spent indoors with parchment and beeswax candles, but he could still see the impressive Moai statues on the hills.

Name:	Moai.jpg
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	9094460

As the ship passed the statues, he wondered how they were made in such a fashion. Longing to hear about the theory and application of their creation, he walked to the bow of the ship to better view the Capitol of Celtia as they passed by the smaller sails and fishing vessels. It was a spectacular sight with the Dun walls so peculiar to this island people.

Name:	bibractegardens.jpg
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	9094461

The crew became busy preparing to dock, and a group of priests were gathered to welcome them surrounded by guards and common folk. With careful steps Leonid came to stand on the stone docks, with the High Priest of Christ bidding him welcome. "Where is the King?" Leonid asked in a dry voice. For a moment, the Priest looked uncomfortable but he smiled widely and said "He is waiting for you in the gardens great Czar. Please follow me, there is a carriage that can take you there in comfort."

It was indeed a comfortable journey as someone had taken the liberty of padding the elegant wooden seats with fur coats. Soon enough he was brought before the King at the top of the Hanging Gardens, the wind smooth and temperate even at the highest point in the city. There they dined and shared stories until the sun set on the horizon. The next day, Leonid was brought to the Academy where many things of greater and lesser note was written and spoken of throughout every day.

Name:	Entrance.jpg
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	9094462

He was happy there, and time passed quickly in the halls of Aryabhata.

Comment

In the hanging gardens, Czar Leonid Simonovich was standing proudly despite his old age.

Name:	tumblr_m9dqewzFjx1qbhp9xo1_500.jpg
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	9094463

His attire and gem-studded cane was admired, as was his knowledge of all things religious and scientific. King Brennus shared many talks with Leonid in between his visits to the library and academy. Trade was also discussed, and secrets of the world, old and new.

Comment

Siege of Tartar

The City of Tartar is an ancient settlement which dates back many hundreds of years. Home to the Tartar Barbarians, it was one of the most populous barbarian cities in the Eastern Wilderness. After the fall of the city to the Ottomans, the Tartars swore allegiance to the Empire, although historians differ in their opinion as to the strength of that allegiance.

General Fevzi gazed across the plains, and up to the hill top fortifications of Tartar.

Today was the day. After months of preparation and training, his troops were ready. The Far East Command of general Fevzi had some of the best trained troops in the Empire; veterans of countless battles with barbarians. But this was different. Most of those battles had been in open ground, where the superior training and discipline of the Ottomans gave them a decided advantage over the wild men of the forest. But here, at Tartar, the Ottomans would be attacking a well defended town, with a garrison of skilled archers who knew both their business and their terrain. It would not be easy. Fevzi knew that. He whispered a silent prayer for his men, and then nodded to his aide, who raised and lowered his banner twice, the signal to advance.

It was not easy at all. In fact, it ranked as the bloodiest battle fought by Ottomans troops to that point in time. The initial attackers were well trained in city raiding, with shield covers to protect against archers. Others followed their advance. The battle raged all day, with various Ottoman units breaching the town walls, only to be repulsed by the Tartars. The tenacity of the barbarian archers matched the discipline and training of the Ottoman attackers.

Darkness brought the fighting to an end on the first day. Dead and wounded lay everywhere. Blood ran down the town streets. But what few defenders remained still manned the defenses. It was not over.

The night was long. The wails of the wounded mixed with the howls of wolves who could smell the blood of thousands of men. Troops reorganized, and rearmed. Fevzi met with his regimental leaders to plan the attack for the next day. Then all got what they could to eat, and a few hours of sleep, if it was possible.

Dawn broke grey, with a light rain. Misery upon misery. But in some respects, a bit of a blessing for the Ottomans. It covered the first part of their advance on the city. And that was all the advantage they needed. Discipline was now edged with a desire for revenge of yesterday's fallen.

The barbarian archers still defended staunchly, but they were exhausted from the previous day and their numbers seriously depleted. By noon, the Ottomans had taken the city. The siege of Tartar was over.

Given the ferocity of the battle, and the extent of the Ottoman losses, it was a credit to both Fevzi and the discipline of his men that the city was not sacked, nor any civilians harmed. Those had been the strict orders of Grand Chieftain Durukan, and they were followed. The city and its people would become part of the Ottoman Empire; part of civilization.

Comment

With the sun stretching out across the city at dawn, the scribe walks into the Academy towards the Inner Circle. He spots a familiar figure hunched over a number of parchments, a common sight of the past few weeks. "Good morning Leonid, have you studied through the night again?" he says as he walks around the room tending to the candles. Smiling to himself, he speaks more softly: "Have you fallen asleep?" and heads over to him, to rouse the Czar before the morning meal is finished.

At the light touch of the scribe, the old man falls over spilling parchments on the floor. Stone cold and stiff, he looks up at the scribe with eyes looking far beyond the world of science. He takes a few steps back, then runs to the King to tell him what he found.

Messages are sent to Russia to notify them of their leader's demise. In cities across the land, the call is heard repeatedly:

"The Czar is dead."
                      "The Czar is dead."
                      "The Czar is dead."

With a smile, Konstantin Simonovich is proclaimed new Czar after the untimely deaths of several of his brothers.
                      In cities across the land, the call has changed:

Name:	50.jpg
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	9094464

"Long live the Czar!"
                      "Long live the Czar!"
                      "Long live the Czar!"

Comment

Letters are dispatched from the Royal Halls in River Village:

I am saddened to hear of the Czar's death. He was a true scholar and a shining example of international goodwill. We shall miss him. But I am pleased to welcome you to the world stage Czar Konstantin Simonovich. May your reign be long and prosperous.

Kirsten, Queen of Netherlands
                        All of Netherlands celebrates your ascension Czar Konstantin Simonovich. We welcome you as the rightful heir to Czar Leonid Simonovich. We look forward to contined peace and friendship with your mighty nation. Do not hesitate to call on us, true friends of Russia.

Christiaan, King of Netherlands
                        Last edited by Netherlands (DoB); January 10, 2013, 09:39.
                        "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

A public message is sent out from Russia:

Christiaan and Kirsten, Noble leaders of Nether Kingdom.

I thank you both for the warm words about my older brother, and for the welcome given to me among such splendid leaders of the great tribes. I look forward to many years of happiness and prosperity for my people, and wish the very best of fortunes for the people of Nether and their gracious Noble leaders.

Your friend among great tribes,
                          Czar Konstantin Simonovich
                          Another message is sent to the German tribe:

Herman, leader of Germany

How fares your tribe? I see your lands are well developed and your people appear happy. Contentment is found by my people in the teachings of Allah. Do your people find peace in the teachings of Tao?

I wonder about one thing neighbour, and that is what purpose you have in the settlement northeast of Russia. You gave an impression of wanting to settle far away, but you have settled very close to my lands. I ask, what is the purpose of this?

Awaiting your reply,
                          Czar Konstantin Simonovich

Comment

Monsignor Pedro Machuka was in his cabinet praying before the humble cross hanged on the wall. His secretary came in and advanced to speak with him after he got his attention.

"Your Reverence, France is sabotaging all our attempts to travel and trade North around their waters."

"Isn't there any other way around them?" Pedro asked with little hope.

"I fear there is not, Your Reverence, what have to be done have to be done."

"Then do it and Let God forgive us" Perdo Machuka said and continued to pray even more passionately.

Comment

Librarian Takata writes in the chronicles of Japan:

France is fearful, France is scared,
                              France is not to be trod on or dared.
                              A wounded beast has deadly claws,
                              and wounded pride the deadliest of all the slobbering maws.

By the words of Louis our men killed their King,
                              Any man on a golden throne would be right to fear our sting.

France is nervous, France is weird,
                              France is not to have anything shared.
                              In past and present know yourself best,
                              to be better than France is simple - don't think with the hair on your chest.
                              "Is it finished?" is breathed in a whisper. Takata reels back in shock! "Aaaah!"
                              "Aaaahhh!"
                              "Aaaahh..?!"

"Aaahhahahahahahaa you should see yourself Takata, you scare so easily!" says the woman standing there. In a glance, Takata realizes who he looks upon, and immediately falls to one knee in supplication. "Forgive me Empress, I did not mean to.." he begins to say. "Shush! Say no more. You have done your work well." she states, looking at the chronicle. "Are you finished?" He swallows, and says in a careful voice: "I was about to make the final application of the border around the text. All the writing is done your highness."

She looks him over, a thin man with few hairs left on his head. As the head Scribe, he had done his duty for more than 40 years, and his family was all indentured in the library of Nishikyo. "Good work Takata. I will remember your work as long as I live." Placing the paper on his desk, she turned and walked away in the night.

Takata felt a glow inside him, a pride of work done good enough to be mentioned by name, by the Empress herself! Breathing slowly, he continued his work in the candle-lit library. Gentle curves and slow traces made a border demanded on all chronicles.

-Recorded in the Library of Nishikyo, 250 AD, the year of the hungry bear.
                              http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X