No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has come up before. What it always ends up being is that the player was typing their Civ password on the screen where you are supposed to type the game password. You type it and type it, and you know its the right password but it doesnt work...WTF?!? Its just that you are typing it too early . Just remember, game password first, then Civ password.

Comment

• Yep that was probably my problem. I can't currently get into the game though. Anyone else. Get the initial connection ok but when trying to connect to my civ ... times out.

Comment

• There seems to be some problem with the game at the moment. I could connect, but it took more than a minute after I had typed in my password until my game actually downloaded the savedata. And the Civstats uploader is disconnected as well. Just FYI, Sommerswerd.

Comment

• Whatever it was it seems to have sorted itself out. People seem to be logging in and playing fine. Maybe the internest went out during th eelectrical storm last night

Comment

• I'm currently (as of 21:12 EDT) not able to connect. Has nothing to do with password age or alcohol induced password confusion. I just can't get it in to connect right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by China (DoB) View Post
              I'm currently (as of 21:12 EDT) not able to connect. Has nothing to do with password age or alcohol induced password confusion. I just can't get it in to connect right now.
              No need to slander alcohol by saying it induces confusion! Better to say wine enhances spiritual awareness which is a confusing state to the uninitiated. Nevertheless I cannot connect at the moment either.

Comment

• Please pause the game ... not able to connect still as of 21:50 even in an enhanced state of spiritual awareness.

Comment

• "Connection attempt to the host has timed out" Could I also request that we slow down the turn time to one turn per 24 hours? I am out of town this weekend and shall miss a bunch of worker turns that I had planed to queue up tonight. If the game is back up tomorrow morning it won't be an issue, but I expect other folks are also at the point where micro managing every 12 hours is getting a bit tricky.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoB) View Post
                    "Connection attempt to the host has timed out" Could I also request that we slow down the turn time to one turn per 24 hours? I am out of town this weekend and shall miss a bunch of worker turns that I had planed to queue up tonight. If the game is back up tomorrow morning it won't be an issue, but I expect other folks are also at the point where micro managing every 12 hours is getting a bit tricky.
                    I believe this is turn 79 and from the earlier part of this thread dealing with the game rules and setup the intended turn timer durations were: Turn 0 - 20 (12 hours), Turn 20 - 40 (12 hours), Turn 40-60 (12 hours), Turn 80+ (24-48 hours).

So I believe starting next turn we were going to move to a 24 hour timer anyway (48 hours is extremely long and it will take many years for a marathon game to finish at that pace so I am not in favour of that). The game adds time every time players log in (the last 12 hour turn took 13.5 hours to complete for instance) so I would recommend that the timer be set to 22 or 23 hours which will work out to being 24 hours.

Comment

• France is correct, it is time to increase the timer. This was about the time we calculated that turns would start to become too complex for a short timer. I set the Timer to 21 hours, which should work out to 24.5 hours in RL. We can go with that and see how it works, and if we need to lengthen it some we can, or if folks are comfortable shortening it some we can do that too. But we should work everything out through the timer, not with pausing.

There are two timer issues, one is as France points out that the clock stalls whenever someone logs in which makes the timer run longer, also, the Pitboss clock actually runs slow, IIRC it takes about 7 seconds of Pitboss time to do 6 seconds of real time. Anyway, the timer has been lengthened, so this should hopefully address everyones issues.

Comment

• It was a port forwarding issue that was blocking everyone BTW...To anyone who hosts Pitboss. Remember that if your power goes out the Router scrambles the internal IP suffixes and you have to go into port forwarding and set your forwarding to the new IP suffixes or no one will be able to login to the game... Just putting it out there in case someone is going crazy looking for the solution.

Comment

• gmae down

Comment

• odd I just played my turn ok

Comment

• Yeah just signed in again without issue and believe me I have lots of issues (abnormally)

Comment

• Game on mara speed with a 24hr timer will seriously slow down and progress will be super slow (years). Any chances we can continue with the old timer.

Comment

Working...
                                X