Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
    I am seriously considering it after rereading through DoE.
    Well you are welcome as always, just let me know
    Last edited by Sommerswerd; July 19, 2013, 22:25.

Comment

What era and what civs are open?
      Oops I forgot to answer your question. Here is the civstats for the game, that will give you the Civ-date. http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=2579

All the Civs that are AI are open, however, Rome and the Vikings are near-elimination and not worth taking. Celts are the most advanced, but with few cities. Arabia and Japan are probably in the best shape overall, just behind techwise. Arabia is in Australia, Japan is currently at War. Germany is in Canada, and probably has the most amount of potential and uncontested land available to them.

As far as era goes, I do an intro in the story thread every month that gives a good idea about the era, but I would say we are in the Dark Ages / Early-Medieval period generally. You can find folks with different combinations of Horse Archers, Crossbows, Macemen, and Catapults along with the other Ancient/Classical units. Only one Civ actually has Knights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Portugal (DoB) View Post
        Portugal asks for end of the war as Major Nation.
        It sounds like you guys (Portugal, Spain) know how to handle the MMW, just remember if you are one of the other nations attacking Portugal, that you cant attack any cities until you issue your own valid MMW demands.

Spain is free to attack for 5 more turns (since it sounds like Portugal has refused the MMW demands) then there must be a Peace Treaty.

Comment

• I'm taking a look at the 3 civs (Germany, Arabia, Japan). I hope this isn't an issue. It'll be a somewhat cursory look, I'm not taking detailed notes or anything.

I'll take Japan under conditions of ceasefires and long NAPs. There's no way I'm entering a game in the middle of a 3-way human dogpile and a bankrupt economy.

The other two were terribad.
          Last edited by DNK; July 20, 2013, 09:47.

Comment

• It would be great to have a human Japan will at to a more interesting game in the pacific region. WELCOME DNK!

Comment

I'm taking a look at the 3 civs (Germany, Arabia, Japan). I hope this isn't an issue. It'll be a somewhat cursory look, I'm not taking detailed notes or anything.I'll take Japan under conditions of ceasefires and long NAPs. There's no way I'm entering a game in the middle of a 3-way human dogpile and a bankrupt economy.The other two were terribad.
              No problem DNK and welcome Of course the ceasefire and NAP would be up to your neighbors Persia and China (Ottomans?), but I am hopeful that those players want to see a new player join too so I think they will agree to it. Anyway, I will probably log in at some point and change the name to the civs you inspected back to "Germany" or something else anonymous (just to satisfy my OCD )

Comment

I'll take Japan
                An added bonus with Japan is that they are actually winning the diplogame , so it will be awesome for them to have a human player again.

Comment

• Persia looks forward to the Japanese change of leadership and bids you welcome.
                  You have work cut out for you I think, seeing as you have three nations at war with you at the moment.
                  Hope to see some story posts from you adressing this issue.
                  Japan is still AI though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Persia (DoB) View Post
                    Persia looks forward to the Japanese change of leadership and bids you welcome. You have work cut out for you I think, seeing as you have three nations at war with you at the moment.Hope to see some story posts from you adressing this issue.Japan is still AI though?
                    Technically he has not taken Japan as I think he is saying a Peace Treaty and NAP with Persia (and the other 2 nations at war with Japan) is a precondition to him entering the game. That is why Japan remains AI, AFAICT.

Comment

• So.. Persia, China and Ottomans need merely tell him that he will have unconditional ceasefire and long-term NAP for him to join the game?

Comment

• OOC

No I cannot agree to a unconditional cease fire. Japan's culture is killing me ... most of my cities are under pressure and will be swallowed up from culture. I need Nish as a gift to agree to unconditional cease fire.

Comment

• I am willing to trade for the ceasefire. I realize that the three players clearly have invested something in the war, and seem to not have gained much yet. I also want long-term peace, and whatever instigated the war needs to be resolved for that to be likely.

I'm not giving away things for free, though. For China, I can certainly agree to come to a border culture agreement (regarding builds/culture slider/artists/etc on both sides), but I would consider Nish a core city and it is not negotiable. It is only producing 10 culture/turn, and I'm sure you can find a way to manage that and regain lost tiles within 25-50T.

Territorial rights are, of course, up for discussion.

If the 3 combatants outline their terms, I will try to find a way to resolve the matter. But I repeat that I'm not entering any diplogame/PB mid-war unless it's only against an AI that I can manage. Not entering mid-war includes not entering into any hostile situation, where war is just X turns away, so I want long-term peace for now so I can rebuild what little economy Japan has left. Keep this in mind when outlining terms.

I consider myself to have logged in officially as Japan now on the past turn, and now resigned in-game, invoking 12.5(c), as per the post #4 rule amendments. Please pause. I may or may not be available as a permanent sub for Japan. I will be available again to review terms in about 7-8 hours. I hope this is enough time for the 3 other combatants to get their ducks lined up nice-like.

Comment

• Some really amazing story posts guys! Well Done Netherlands, Spain and Persia.

Comment

• I don't have access to the Pitboss CPU where I am currently, but it seems like from what DNK is saying/wanting that there are 2 possibilities... Good terms/NAP= New player, otherwise=no new player.

Since DNK was smart/forward-thinking enough to create a nice neat save-point we always have the option to handle it with a reload to the Japan autosave if the negotiation is a success. That way we don't necessarily need a pause as long as Japan isn't damaged any further by the war.

This is a unique kind-of situation, and technically a little different from the rule 12.5 scenarios, because in reality DNK has not truly joined the game. It's more like we are making a special exception and stopping (or reloading) the game to allow a player to make sure he can establish playable conditions for himself before joining.

A few obvious, but worth-spelling-out things here...

1. We don't want to pause the game for any lengthy period of time (or at all, because we just had the "World-Stand-Still" interuption ). We shouldn't need to really anyway, since the issue is so simple... either the opponents are going to give Japan a break or not.
                              2. DNK is not joining if the conditions are not going to be favorable.

TBH, I am hopeful that this can be settled without even needing to pause, as in before the next turn rolls. That gives us about 1 full day to settle this. I hope we can do it...

(DNK if you feel a pause is absolutely essential, then go ahead and log back into Japan and pause it. I would rather get this right than be draconian about the no-pause rule.)

Comment

• It was agreed to not pause the game. Continue on!!

Comment

Working...
                                X