No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game was accidentally closed. Had to restart from England autosave.

Comment

• game looks to be down

Comment

• Game should be back up

Comment

• Silly Norton program disabled the internet and crashed the Pitboss . Part of their new "enhanced security features" is to force you to give them your email address or your internet doesn't work. Tried to load from Rome autosave but it was corrupted and would not start. Used Portugal instead.

Comment

• Good post England!
            http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• Persia is not playing for 10 turns already.

Comment

• Having just built the AP I wanted to clarify something in the rules. If the AP is used to stop a war it how does that impact the other game rules about war. I could envision a situation in which Team A loses it ability to reclaim captured cities under DMW rules from team B if Team C were to impose a AP peace deal between teams A and B before the DMW could come into effect. Anyhow, just wanted to put it out there in case it becomes an issue later.

Comment

• I dont think AP can force a war to end. You can select "defy resolution" or Never!!" or something like that IIRC

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post
                    I dont think AP can force a war to end. You can select "defy resolution" or Never!!" or something like that IIRC
                    So a team who has sued for DMW peace would have to defy a AP peace resolution in order to get peace with DMW terms. Bit counter intuitive but I guess that makes sense.

Comment

• NOTICE: ALL SUBBED CIVS WILL BE KICKED TO AI AT THE END OF NEXT TURN

There is about 1 hour left on the clock for the current turn. When the turn rolls it will be 935 AD. That means during 940 AD I will switch all the subbed Civs to AI. I will try to do it as close to the beginning of the turn as possible, but I may be asleep, or out of the house etc. I will get it done ASAP.

As you guys probably already know. Apolyton was down for a few days but is obviously back up now...

This was especially inconvenient, because I was going to announce that this weekend we are finally going to kick all the subbed Civs to AI. We will treat this as a sort of "Barbarian Renaisance" that will be part of the OP for next month, where the Barbarians, eager for some revenge, finally settle down, become civilized and take over the leadership of some of the world governments competing for dominance.

Just so you know, I will keep looking for subs, as always, (I actually just found a couple prospects), but there are just too many subbed Civs at this point to keep going with temp-subs. Temp-subs were never meant to be permanent so we need to make this change. It seemed like everyone liked the idea anyway so hopefully there are no objections.

So the formerly subbed Civs will be semi-permanent as AI, meaning that no one can play two civs, but if a new player wants to take one of them they will be welcome to, they just need to contact me first so we know they are a new player.

So I must now ask everyone to wrap up whatever business you have with your subbed Civs so that they (or other player Civs they have deals with) are not completely screwed over. We will give one turn for this but we don't want the subbed Civs to be completely raped, we want them to be viable challenging opponents so we will only give a quick turn (or two if absolutely needed) for quick wrap up and then they go to AI.

I know that this will mess up some plans and deals for everyone, but this really seems like the best path for the game so I hope everyone is as excited about it as I am

Please, I am trusting you all fully not to take unfair advantage of your subs before the switch. Concluding existing fair deals is fine... all fair deals are fine, just make sure they are fair deals that you would agree to if you were them. Just use your conscience and judgement.

I made the same announcement on CFC while Apolyton was down so hopefully everyone knows about this by now, but feel free to spread the word in-game. I want to make sure everyone knows about it.

If anyone wants to switch to a Civ they were subbing that is fine, just let me know so I don't kick the wrong Civ
                      Last edited by Sommerswerd; April 26, 2013, 12:12.

Comment

• I forgot to remind everyone about the rules for treatment of the AI Civs once the Barbarian Renaissance begins. Basically, there are no rules. You can attack them, trade with them, bribe them, treat them as you normally would in an SP game. You can (and probably should) eliminate the AI Civs if you want. Remember that they are not bound by Measured War or any other rules, obviously, and you are not bound by Measured War or any other rules in your dealings with them. So if an AI attacks you, you fight them just like you would any AI opponent, there is no DMW or any other rules-based defense. AI can capture your capital, raze your cities, whatever, so be on guard.

Also remember that the setting for the AI in this game is RANDOM PERSONALITY, so that means that there is no way to predict how friendly or aggressive the AI Civs will be. They might act like Ghandi, or they might act like Monty, so as the saying goes in boxing... Protect yourself at all times, and remember that your fellow human players can (and probably will) be bribing AI Civs to attack you.

Lastly, Remember that this new Civilized Barbarian AI is set on Deity level so the AI opponents will be STRONG and capable of destroying you. This is "Domination of Barbarians" afterall... Be Afraid, be very Afraid.

Comment

• Well done you much good it invented.

Comment

• Sad that so many left this game.

Comment

• Unable to connect.

Comment

• Civstats seems to still be up... I will check when I get home (about 7 hours).

Comment

Working...
                                X