Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spain (DoB) View Post
    ?? Whatever happened to Rome?

I thought this was not allowed under the current rules??
    Romans lost it's mainland cities as I understand it, including the capital, Rome. There was nothing illegal about this under the rules.
    Originally posted by England (DoB) View Post
    France captured Rome. I assume this was done by the consent of both parties however which would make it legal right?
    It is not the consent per se that makes it legal. What makes it legal is the fact that Rome had at least 6 cities. Once you have 6 cities, your capital can be captured or razed. Just note that DMW makes the capital returnable, or compensable (for 500 gold).
    Originally posted by France (DoB) View Post
    It was a formal trade agreement with consent by both parties.
    This is an important point. Let's say that Rome had less than 6 cities and the Capital was captured by, say France. Tecnically, this is illegal, but who's right is it to complain? Rome only, or everybody? We have not discussed this, but my instinct is Rome only, ie if Rome does not complain, then it stands, until the war ends, or Rome complains. If you guys think that every Civ should be able to intervene/interfere in this type of situation, lets discuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by England (DoB) View Post
      Removes the risk of being out of town for a weekend and losing 10 cities but is more workable than the must capture 4 to lose 1 rule.
      The no-login rule already protects you from that, unless your enemy is somehow able to capture 10 cities in 1 turn. Once they declare war, they have 1 turn to capture cities, then they have to wait until you login at least once to capture any more cities. If you never login, they cant capture anymore cities.
      Originally posted by England (DoB) View Post
      I'd also like to ask if I am correct in understanding if one can also just pay 500gold for a captured city instead of exchanging a city? Seem to recall that being a rule. For rich folks like Greece, Nether, Portugal, myself, and a few others, this makes city capturing very cost effective. It breaks the spirit of the rule, but is a work around that could certainly keep things interesting.
      No that is not correct. If you declare War, and then capture a city you dont have to pay anything UNTIL the defender (the guy you attacked) calls for DMW. Then you have to give the city back, up to 3 cities. You dont have to pay anything.

However, if you RAZE the cities and they call (or already called) DMW, then you have to pay 500 gold per razed city (up to 3 razed cities).

Comment

• Is the new thread coming soon?

Comment

• Yes I will try to get it done today or tommorow.

Comment

• Celts are not playing lately.

Comment

• My thoughts are that easing up on the DMW for larger civs makes sense.

As for subbed games, that should be left up to the people subbing imo. If the consensus is that from now on players that leave will have their civs turned over to AI, that's fine and I understand, but I don't think it should be made retro-active. Personally I think an effort to find a sub should be made for a time period and then if no one wants it, turn it to AI.

I'm enjoying this game, not much time these days to post as many stories as I would like but that ebbs and flows like anything else.

Comment

• Is any of the smaller civs interested in taking over Catalunya?
                It is in prime condition. 2nd / 3rd in the charts.

I think it will be bad for the game if it isn't played (it should be played, not subbed).
                Perhaps the Nether? You will get the chance you haven't had so far.
                La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Now is the time to vote for the February Diploscore winner.

You can send your vote to me by PM or use this program to vote
                  http://www.warner-home.com/DoB/ , but please dont use both as it is a little confusing to sort out.

Each Civ has 5 points TOTAL to allocate anyway you choose, except you can not vote for yourself. Remember that is 5 points total, not 5 for each Civ. So you can give 1 point to five different Civs or 5 points to one Civ or anything in between. If you don't vote there is no penalty, but you can't use the votes later.

Remember don't be a scummy double voter and please don't vote for yourself if you are subbing for anyone (for example, if China is casting votes for China and Japan, then Japan should not be voting for China, and China should not be voting for Japan).

As usual, we will leave the voting open all month, and announce the results at the end of the Month at the same time that we open the voting for next month. That way everyone gets plenty of time to read, catch up, notice that voting is going on etc. I will send everybody a PM.

Happy Voting

Most Importantly, Here is the current Leaderboard:

Japan = 68

Netherlands = 64
                  France = 50
                  China = 42
                  England = 40
                  Russia = 40

Arabia = 31
                  Celtia = 26
                  Ottomans = 20
                  Spain = 20

Vikings = 16

Byzantium = 15
                  Rome = 14
                  Portugal = 11
                  Greece = 6
                  Persia = 3

Holy Roma = 1

Here are the Final Results of the January voting:

Russia = 17
                  Vikings = 8
                  China = 7
                  Japan = 5
                  Arabia = 4
                  Ottomans = 4
                  England = 3
                  Celts = 2
                  France = 2
                  Netherlands = 2
                  Portugal = 1

As a recap Here are the Final Results of the prior voting:
                  December: Arabia = 10, Russia = 6, Netherlands = 6, Ottomans = 5, Japan = 2, France = 2, England = 2, China = 2, Spain = 1, Rome = 1, Greece = 1, Celtia = 1, Byzantium = 1
                  November: Spain = 12, Netherlands = 6, Russia = 6, England = 5, France = 4, Japan = 3, Rome = 2, Arabia = 2
                  October: Russia = 9, England = 9, France = 5, Celtia = 4, Japan = 3, Netherlands = 3, Portugal = 2, Arabia = 1, Byzantium = 1, China = 1, Greece = 1, Ottomans = 1
                  September: Netherlands=12, China=9, Celts=7, England=6, France=5, Japan=5, Greece=3, Portugal=2, Arabia=1
                  August: China = 8, Portugal = 4, Japan = 3, Netherlands = 3, England = 1, Ottomans = 1, France = 1, Russia = 1, Greece = 1, Holy Roma = 1, Spain = 1
                  July: Japan = 14, Netherlands = 12, China = 6, Byzantines = 5, France = 4, England = 3, Ottomans =2, Celts =2, Rome=1, Russia =1
                  June: Japan = 24, Netherlands = 6, Rome = 2, France = 2, Portugal = 2, Arabia = 1, England = 1, Vikings = 1, China = 1
                  May 2012: France = 15, Arabia = 9, Rome = 8, Celtia = 6, Netherlands = 6, England = 4, Byzantium = 4, Japan = 5, China = 3, Persia = 3, Vikings = 2
                  April 2012 - France: 11, Netherlands: 8, Ottomans: 7, England: 6, Spain: 6, China: 5, Vikings: 5, Celtia: 4, Japan: 4, Arabia: 3, Byzantium = 1

Congrats to Japan, the score leader . Well done everyone and keep it up!

Comment

• What about letting players opt-out of Measured War rules if they have 6 or more cities? Those who opt-out can attack anyone else who has also opted out, and you are automatically opted out when you get to 10 cities.Only thing I think is that players who opt out must follow strict turn-order or all hell breaks loose.

@ Spain - I am doing OK with Netherlands. Second place as you can see
                    "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Netherlands, your mailbox is full.

Comment

• fixing now, thank you France
                        "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• Great story post France!

Comment

• Nether, Rome, good posts.

Comment

• Celtia has only two turns left to rejoin the game now. Next turn will be his 19th without logging in.

11.3. A player that misses 20 consecutive turns without either logging into the game or posting on the game threads, can be replaced, subbed, or kicked to AI without notice.

Comment

• Celtia had a sub but maybe the sub lost interest? If someone else wants Celtia, please PM me.

Celtia is a small Civ, so if nobody wants to sub it I am thinking we put Celtia to AI if the sub doesent log in over next 5 turns. After that, Whoever wants to grab Celtia once it goes to AI can do so, just send me the Civs password and I will send you the Apolyton password.

Comment

Working...
                                X