No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sommers - thanks for your PM. Just got to it now. Thank you for your explanation.

Did in fact get home late yesterday - thanks for the best wishes btw Byzantium - and spent the rest of the evening and the early part of today battening down the hatches so to speak. Looks like Sandy is mellowing though.

As I said in my earlier note, I would be playing my turns, as I have done continuously through this game, but would not have time for diplomacy/discussion until this week. I was not trying to 'frig' with the culture issue. I really had no idea what Byzantium was talking about. Sommers explained it to me. I told him I would accept the deal, but his next PM said that he had already gone in and accepted.

Having reviewed the matter, I now understand the nature of the exploit of the out-of-game rule I have been subject to. Not impressed.

Play on.
    Last edited by Ottomans (DoB); October 30, 2012, 17:05.

Comment

• Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween and All Saints day

Now is the time to vote for the October Diploscore winner.

You can send your vote to me by PM or use this program to vote
      http://www.warner-home.com/DoB/ , but please dont use both as it is a little confusing to sort out.

Each Civ has 5 points TOTAL to allocate anyway you choose, except you can not vote for yourself. Remember that is 5 points total, not 5 for each Civ. So you can give 1 point to five different Civs or 5 points to one Civ or anything in between. If you don't vote there is no penalty, but you can't use the votes later.

Remember don't be a scummy double voter and please don't vote for yourself if you are subbing for anyone (for example, if China is casting votes for China and Japan, then Japan should not be voting for China, and China should not be voting for Japan).

As usual, we will leave the voting open all month, and announce the results at the end of the Month at the same time that we open the voting for next month. That way everyone gets plenty of time to read, catch up, notice that voting is going on etc. I will send everybody a PM.

Happy Voting

Most Importantly, Here is the current Leaderboard:

Japan = 55

Netherlands = 47
      France = 38
      China = 32
      England = 21
      Celtia = 19
      Arabia = 14
      Rome = 11
      Byzantium = 10
      Ottomans = 10
      Portugal = 8
      Vikings = 8

Spain = 7
      Greece = 4
      Persia = 3
      Russia = 2

Holy Roma = 1

Here are the Final Results of the September voting:

Netherlands=12
      China=9
      Celts=7
      England=6
      France=5
      Japan=5
      Greece=3
      Portugal=2
      Arabia=1

As a recap Here are the Final Results of the prior voting:
      August: China = 8, Portugal = 4, Japan = 3, Netherlands = 3, England = 1, Ottomans = 1, France = 1, Russia = 1, Greece = 1, Holy Roma = 1, Spain = 1
      July: Japan = 14, Netherlands = 12, China = 6, Byzantines = 5, France = 4, England = 3, Ottomans =2, Celts =2, Rome=1, Russia =1
      June: Japan = 24, Netherlands = 6, Rome = 2, France = 2, Portugal = 2, Arabia = 1, England = 1, Vikings = 1, China = 1
      May 2012: France = 15, Arabia = 9, Rome = 8, Celtia = 6, Netherlands = 6, England = 4, Byzantium = 4, Japan = 5, China = 3, Persia = 3, Vikings = 2
      April 2012 - France: 11, Netherlands: 8, Ottomans: 7, England: 6, Spain: 6, China: 5, Vikings: 5, Celtia: 4, Japan: 4, Arabia: 3, Byzantium = 1

Congrats to Japan, the score leader . Well done everyone and keep it up!

Comment

• Sommerswerd thank you for the great intro story every month that you start the story thread with. I really enjoy reading it.

Comment

• The game is down.

Comment

• Yes the game is down

Comment

• Should be back up. No idea what happened. Must have been last night.ym

Comment

• Connected to Himilce who logged in before me.
                Had a CTD while sending a *long* diplomatic message in-game. Unable to re-connect.

Himilce logged off while I was writing in the diploscreen, is that a known reason for CTD?

EDIT: Lesson learned - write long diplomatic messages as PM, not in-game.
                http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• So the game is down again then?

I can't connect either...

Comment

• Himilce logged off while I was writing in the diploscreen, is that a known reason for CTD?
                    Interesting.

Comment

• Timing out as well.

Comment

• I can not connect to the game for 2 days. It stays on 'connected to host' forever.

Comment

• Yea the game crashed. I just got home. Strange that the other game I am currently hosting did not... Spooky spooky Civ...

At any rate, should be back up.

Comment

• Pigeons of peace in the machine courtesy of Spain?

Comment

• England releases its war pigeons. DoW on France, year 490.

Comment

• France initiates DMW ritual turn 301. Last turn of war 310 (400 BC).

Comment

Working...
                                X