Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japan (DoB) View Post
    Pitboss connection lost while in-game. Host rejecting reconnect.

I assume an official pause of the game due to the uresolved Byzantine/Ottoman war?
    There isn't an official pause. I will check the server when I get home. It just so happens that I heve to work this weekend so my wife is home, probably fiddling around with the computer...

I sent a PM to Byzantines and Ottomans, although I have to resend the PM to Byzantines since silly auto sign out erased it

One last thing... There is a hurricane headed my way... Hurricane Sandy... So if the game goes down and no one hears from me (probably Monday and Tuesday) that is most likely what is going on. Hopefully the hurricane passes by us without incident.

Comment

• I was able to login to the game just now without any issues. I suspect the tao are secretly sabotaging japan's connection!

Comment

• those wascawy tao!

Comment

• Able to login and make my turn.

Hope Sandy turns out to be friendly and pass by like a breeze.
          http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• After checking and asking around, I don't think that registering for civstats gives away your identity. So I put the civstats password on the OP for anyone who wants to register their leader.

Civstats password: DoB
            Last edited by Sommerswerd; October 29, 2012, 16:46.

Comment

• Ok so the admin sent a message to the Ottoman explaining the DMW rules to him. According to civstats, the Ottoman is also back from his "long weekend" since he logged in to play his turn and yet he still did not accept the peace treaty to give my city back!

What is the excuse now? Why is the Ottoman being allowed to continually break the rules that the rest of us have to play by?

Comment

• I did not get a reply from the Ottoman player to my PM. It is possible that he just logged in to play his turn but did not log in to Poly to check his PMs. Do not worry Byzantium, you will get the city you are entitled to under the rules. I would like to let the Ottoman have a chance to explain what is going on though.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

• I have resent another in game peace proposal to the Ottomans, including a message to check his Apolyton account and this thread (see screenshot below). There should be no more excuses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NoMoreExcuses.png
Views:	1
Size:	623.9 KB
ID:	9094050

Comment

• There is more than one player that are not playing "diplo" as intended.

Batten down the hatches Sommersword and stay safe. Heard they are expecting a 9-12 feet storm surge in lower manhattan. Anyone remember the scene from that Randy Quaid movie?

Folks up here in Toronto are preparing for the worst too. Fully expect to be without power for a couple of days.

Comment

• "Connection to the host is timing out", Sommerswerd is the game down at the moment?

China, is Toronto supposed to get the "Freakenstorm" (or whatever they're flogging it as) .... I haven't been following the news on this. Shout out from Parkdale!

Comment

• Connection timed out for me as well.

Comment

• I thought maybe it was the storm, but it turned out to be an internal problem. Should be fixed now. Clock is almost full, 570 BC.

Comment

• Yes we're getting the storm. Power just restored for where I live in burlington. Lots of trees down. Street lights still out. Blowing a good amount still. Winds clocked at 94 km / hr here.

Originally posted by Arabia (DoB) View Post
                            "Connection to the host is timing out", Sommerswerd is the game down at the moment?

China, is Toronto supposed to get the "Freakenstorm" (or whatever they're flogging it as) .... I haven't been following the news on this. Shout out from Parkdale!

Comment

• Power is out here too. Are we paused?

Comment

• No ... turn about to flip in the next 30 min or so .... I think we should pause for 24 hrs for Sandy to blow (out).

Comment

Working...
                                X