No announcement yet.

Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Roman player around? seems he has missed some turns.

Comment

• I think Rome is OK

Comment

• A question, we did increase the timer to accommodate the summer vacation people had, any chance we can lower it to 12-14hrs now that we are past it? (lowering it by 3-4hrs would be great for the game)

Comment

• Prefer to keep timer "as is" - is my vote.

Comment

• Just a heads up that I am out of town until Monday. So when the game inevitably crashes like an hour after I leave you guys will know what happened

Comment

• Keep time as is, please
              La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• prefer keeping time at approx 24 hours

Comment

• What is the password to register your leader for this game on the new entry on CIVSTATS?

Comment

• France invokes DMW rule in response to England's war declaration.

Comment

• On what turn does this force peace?

Comment

• I did not know about the war until the turn after you declared it which was turn 219 as I recall so peace would be turn 229.

Comment

• Great post Japan!
                          La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Reading the rules yet again.. Am I correct in thinking that since I am the defender this time (and haven't invoked DMW), I can capture and/or raze all the cities I want? (other than Germany's capital of course)?

If I take a city and then another civ attacks me, can I still invoke DMW?

Comment

• Originally posted by Holy Roma (DoB) View Post
                              Reading the rules yet again.. Am I correct in thinking that since I am the defender this time (and haven't invoked DMW), I can capture and/or raze all the cities I want? (other than Germany's capital of course)?
                              Yes that is correct.
                              Originally posted by Holy Roma (DoB) View Post
                              I can ... raze all the cities I want?
                              Careful with razing IF you plan on invoking DMW later. If you invoke DMW, you will have to return captured cities and you will have to give up your own cities as compensation for razed ones (unless you can pay 500 gold for each razed city).

So yes, as long as the war is only between Germany as Attacker, and you as Defender, and you don't plan on invoking DMW, Germany is exposed to full capturing and razing of cities (excepting the capital).
                              Originally posted by Holy Roma (DoB) View Post
                              If I take a city and then another civ attacks me, can I still invoke DMW?
                              No you cant. Here is an excerpt from the rule clarifications.
                              Rule 6.7 & 6.7.3 - Making War before or after invoking DMW - ... If a Civ has already captured a city in the War, they can not invoke DMW to end the War, until they return the city, or offer Peace + return of the city(s).
                              Last edited by Sommerswerd; September 2, 2012, 12:30.

Comment

• So if I'm reading your reply right.

Germany declares on me.
                                I take a German city (Hamburg in this case).
                                After the city is taken, any other civ can declare on Germany (including a friend in a phony war).
                                Germany can invoke DMW, including against me, and demand I return the city (or pay penalties)?

If so, it is now officially impossible to take cities by force.

Comment

Working...
                                X