Domination of Barbarians [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my issue exactly
    "In the service of Netherlands, always" - Captain Eriksen, Royal Netherlands Navy

Comment

• I don't know about other folks but I am often out of the house for more than 12 hours during the work week. And missing 5 turns straight if out of town for a weekend is also an issue. Would prefer keeping the timer around a full day. But if consensuse is to shorten it, a timer around 14 would at least avoid missing every other turn during the work week.

Also PLEASE no more changes without at least 5 turns of notice. I am only doing a minor amount of micromanaging but missing a critical turn or two still has a lot of potential to mess with things.

Comment

• I don't know about other folks but I am often out of the house for more than 12 hours during the work week. And missing 5 turns straight if out of town for a weekend is also an issue. Would prefer keeping the timer around a full day. But if consensuse is to shorten it, a timer around 14 would at least avoid missing every other turn during the work week.

Also PLEASE no more changes without at least 5 turns of notice. I am only doing a minor amount of micromanaging but missing a critical turn or two still has a lot of potential to mess with things.

Comment

• OOC: Heads up to Netherlands/Rome/Arabia/Persia. War must end this turn due to DMW. Peace treaties have been sent out in game. Let's avoid a reload or game pause due to rule breaking.

Comment

• Will the timer be shortened?

Comment

• Yes if everyone still wants? 14 hours right? England has there been enough notice to go with 14 hours starting next turn?

Comment

• works for me

Comment

• 14hrs!!!

Comment

• The next turn will be 14 hrs.

Comment

• Well played Ocean Faction!

But who would have thought the drop to 14 hour turns would result in dead forums?

Comment

• Its probably because all the Wars are over.

I have been enlightened on a couple loopholes and put out a clarification and created some amendments to close them. This doesn't affect most of you right now, but as always if anyone thinks this rule clarification/amendment has some unfair impact on them, because of things already in progress, please PM me about it so we can figure out an exception for you or some other fair way to handle it.

I will desribe the loopholes in detail later, but I am going out right now.

Comment

• I declare war on France. (Turn 131)
                          http://i482.photobucket.com/albums/r...psddd79ffc.jpg

Comment

• Speak of the Devil...

Anyway, a player asked for a clarification which I posted as Clarification to Rule 6.7 & 6.7.3. It basically says that when you invoke DMW and then go attack someone, the standard DMW attacker rules apply to you.

The player also pointed out a loophole to me in DMW that had never been addressed, dealing with declarations of War while under a DMW. This loophole created another one, involving allies declaring War on each other to counter the first loophole, which led me to conclude the loophole needed to be closed. There was another Measured War loophole involving players using subbed civs to declare War on each other to invoke Measured War.

The necessary amendments are numbered 6.8(a) and (b). Thanks again everyone for your great stories and patience
                            Last edited by Sommerswerd; June 24, 2012, 19:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Japan (DoB) View Post
                              I declare war on France. (Turn 131)
                              France invokes DMW Turn 132 so all wars must end on Turn 142.

Comment

• Any interest in a shorter turn? Maybe 8 hours?

Comment

Working...
                                X