Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would listen to the lamentations of your women. Count me in.

Exploit

Comment

Hey! Where have you been? Its been long time, buddy

Welcome, and glad to have you on board.
      http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Exploit View Post
        I would listen to the lamentations of your women. Count me in.

Exploit
        And listen you shall . Welcome Exploit!

Comment

Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
          Hey! Where have you been? Its been long time, buddy

Welcome, and glad to have you on board.
          I've been busy amassing a small fortune in the real world to buy a couple of small third world countries so now its time to see if that experience can be translated into something useful like conquering a civ virtual world!

That which does not kill you... will try again!
          Exploit

Comment

So when are we starting this... just asking? I may not check this thread frequently in Apolyton ... so please PM all when we're required to do something. If there is something we need to do to prep for this magnificient game of epic proportions please let me know how I have to fill my shorts long in advance.
            WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
            ---------------------------
            "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Originally posted by WarningU2 View Post
              So when are we starting this... just asking? I may not check this thread frequently in Apolyton ... so please PM all when we're required to do something. If there is something we need to do to prep for this magnificient game of epic proportions please let me know how I have to fill my shorts long in advance.
              Sure. We need 2 more players and then we can start.

I will be sure that I PM everyone to let them know that we are starting so you don't need to worry about that. I am hoping that it does not take more than a few days to pick up those last two players.

Going with BlackKnight's suggestion, once we have all the required players I will post the Map, so that everyone has a chance to check out the Map and the starts. Also, I can post a short write-up on playing the different starts for anyone who wants, especially those who don't have a chance to download or look at the Map before the game starts. That way nobody is disadvantaged by the design of the Map.

Comment

I find this a bit funny since we just did the same thing and struggled to find just 12 players. Good luck, guys, I'm sure I'll be joining in eventually

Comment

Don't be a 'hater', be a 'congradulater'... Better yet, just join the game so we can hurry up and start

OBEY...
                  We require more Vespene Gas...

Allyourbasearebelongtous!

And careful everyone, about the assumption that you can 'just join later'... I'm hosting a different game now that has been going for what 2metra a year? We are in Modern era with Infantry, MGs etc (at least some people are... not scrubs like me ). Anyway I don't think we have had anyone quit since like the initial week... so... yea, just sayin'
                  Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 21, 2012, 22:20.

Comment

Still, 3 games is too much Civ to worry about playing each day, and the so will kill me if I stay up another 15min every night to "play my game all the time", as she is already just with me posting here.

Comment

, yea too much civ will probably be the reason my wife divorces me in the end I can see it now "Petition for Dissolution of Marriage on grounds of irreconcilable differences over Civilization IV"

My last point though, was that people drop out for RL reasons sometimes, but usually it is because of pauses, and reloads and boredom. We will be having none of that this game.

Pauses... banned
                      Reloads... Nuh-uh
                      Boredom?... With raging Barbs and razor close starts?... I think not

Just plaaaaaaaayyyy DNK! C'moooooonnnnnn! Pleeeeeease!:desire: You make me so sad, you no play wif you fwends!
                      Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 21, 2012, 12:37.

Comment

Hey guys. I have no idea what a diplogame is or what tier I would fit in. Tentatively interested though.

Comment

In diplo there is a lot happening around the game. Storytelling, messages in character between players.
                          It takes a committed player, and at least a year to finish a game.

You need to talk with countries around you, make deals, really anything which can make you achieve your goals..

But it is very interesting. Check on the forum some story threads.. for example Destiny of Empires, and you get a feel for it.

Tell us the level you are able to win regularly against the computer, and we know which tier you should be.
                          Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

I usually win at monarch, though I suck at MP-games. The whole commitment thing kind of scares me, I am a busy guy right now, but I might not be in the future.

Comment

Just for you my ol' pal (and anyone else who is still unsure about what Tier they fit in)... I have, in my leisure time come up with a fun questionaire to help you determine what Tier you best fit in. Please note that this is just a guide, it is tailored for this game only, and it is only for folks who are unsure. If you are already pretty sure of what Tier you belong in, then this aid is not intended for you, so me don't wanna hear no smack-talk about how "I answered yes to 7 but I'm sure I am a Tier 1 so what gives?"
                              Seriously though, everyone feel free to make any comments you like.

Tier Questionnaire, to help you decide what Tier you are in (Only if you are still unsure):

Question 1 –
                              Do you find rushes to be a cheesy, cheap, unsportsmanlike tactic? Do you need to have your own land to yourself to peacefully build and grab Wonders, rather than compete with neighbors to grab land? Do you find it cheap, cheesy and exploitative when human players use tricks and tactics that the AI never uses?
                              1. Yes, yes and yes
                              2. Yes, yes and no
                              3. Yes, no and yes
                              4. No, yes and yes
                              5. I would say no to two or maybe all three of those
                              Answer (1) – If you answered a,b,c or d you are probably a Tier 6 – STOP here and pick a Tier 6 team.

Question 2 –
                              If at some point in the game you find yourself completely surrounded by rivals, all of whom are stronger than you and none of whom are particularly friendly to you, what do you do?:
                              1. This happens to me sometimes, I die, it's ugly, there is nothing I could do to stop it.
                              2. This happenes sometimes, and since there is nothing I can do, I quit
                              3. I turtle and tried to at least survive to the end.
                              4. Hmmm… This has never happened to me before, so I don’t know what I’d do.
                              5. Are you kidding? This would never happen to me. I would scout nearby lands and claim chokepoints, make treaties, Declare War, and do whatever it takes to avoid getting blocked in.
                              Answer (2) – If you answered a,b,c or d you are probably a Tier 6 – STOP here and pick a Tier 6 team.

Question 3 –
                              It’s very easy for me to deal with Raging Barbarians on High difficulty levels and REX at the same time.
                              1. Humans rule, Barbs drool
                              2. Yikes, no way! I need max defense… Archers, Walls, and Axes in every city for that
                              3. I've played Raging barbs and higher difficulty levels, but not both at the same time, so I don't know what to expect
                              Answer (3) – If you answered b or c, you are probably a Tier 5 or 6 – STOP here and pick a Tier 5 or 6 team.

Question 4 –
                              I’m perfectly comfortable starting with a couple rival Capitals within 3 tiles of my capital.
                              1. That’s fine, sounds like an interesting challenge
                              2. No way! That’s ridiculous! How can I survive like that?
                              3. I never play that way so I'm not sure
                              Answer (4) – If you answered b or c, you are probably a Tier 4 or 5 – STOP here and pick a Tier 4 or 5 team.

Question 5 –
                              TBH, I am probably one of the better players in this game, at least in the top 1/3 of the players.
                              1. Hmmm… unsure about that
                              2. Hells yeah!
                              3. Ummm, No, I don’t think so.
                              Answer (5) – If you answered a or c you are a probably a Tier 3 or 4 – STOP here and pick a Tier 3, or 4 team.

Question 6 –
                              I am perfectly comfortable with Declaring War on somebody on the very first Turn of the game.
                              1. What?!? That’s CRAZY! That's MADNESS!
                              2. Damn straight!... THIS ISSS SPARTAAA!!!
                              3. Never done it, never thought about it, so I don't know
                              Answer (6) - If you answered a or c, you are probably a Tier 2 or 3 – STOP here and pick a Tier 2, or 3 team.
                              Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 21, 2012, 17:25. Reason: Ha! Auto list function turned all my letters to nubers Lmao.

Comment

1) e: No, no and no
                                2) e
                                3) c
                                4) c
                                5) c
                                6) b: this is SPAAARTAAAAA
                                Last edited by nabaxo; March 21, 2012, 17:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X