X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viva Espana !
    La República de Catalunya sempre en els nostres cors

Comment

• Ze Germans we haz arrived - ve wantz to eat ze cities of france but it is forbidden sadly

Comment

• The Holy Empire of Rome has arrived.

Comment

• You are all Barbarians. Athens rules.

Comment

• China agrees you are all Barbarians.

Comment

• I have arrived! You may now bow to the amazing Saladin!

You are all Barbarians. Athens rules.
              China agrees you are all Barbarians.
              If all you see are Barbarians around you, then prepare to be dominated! That is the name of the game, is it not?

Comment

• ** Out Of Character **

looking for link to map / mods for this game ... please repost.

TIA

Comment

• Map is being edited in accordance with Elkad's suggestions. I will post an updated copy when I finish

Comment

• Here is the latest Copy of the Map:

DoB Test Map.rar

1. Fish added to southern Hemisphere
                    2. Iron removed from N. America replaced w/ Coal
                    3. Sugar and bananas added to Pacific Islands
                    4. Mountain removed from Hawaii added Sugar
                    5. Outback desert in Australia decreased, added plains and Grassland
                    6. Hardwood Trees added to Amazon jungle
                    7. Russian leader changed to Catherine (from Peter)

Comment

• You do know that Sweden has iron, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by nabaxo View Post
                        You do know that Sweden has iron, right?
                        Yes, Iron is one of the most common metals on Earth, almost as common as Aluminum, so probably every country has Iron. I also know that the United States has vast Iron mines, and I also know that South America is not the only place on Earth that has Silver. I also know that Aluminum is one of the most common metals in the world, and I also know that there is Uranium in France, and in many other places besides where I put it in the Map, etc, etc, etc.

The purpose of resource placement is to make the game challenging and fun, not to exactly or accurately reflect all the nuances of international resources. BTW, I am certain that I put some Iron in Southern Norway, so there is some Iron in Scandinavia anyway. I know Norway is not Sweden, but neither Norway nor Sweden are in the game. The reason the Vikings don't have strategic resources in the BFC is because they have an abundance of land. All the frontier civs were given less access to close strategic resources for balance purposes. It is not meant as an insult to Sweden. I love Swedes.

Comment

• (ooc) Last time I checked there was iron in the Oslo area, which is perfectly fine with me. I don't need it near capital, it just has to be somewhere reachable, because Vikings without Berserkers wouldn't be Vikings, neither game nor roleplaywise. There was some copper too, on very, very ****ty land, though (/ooc)

Comment

• Sommerswerd - I cannot email you as I do not have 10 posts yet and don't want to start spamming this thread.

My message ...

Yes - I claimed the Tier 2 Greece last evening. I also changed the password on the Greece (DOB) account. I consider myself tier 2, but don't want to create a fight over this. I can also live nicely in a quiet backwater of a nation.

I am easy either way.
                            Last edited by Greece (DoB); March 27, 2012, 12:26.

Comment

• @ Vikings - You can also trade for Iron too. You have Deer, which almost no one else has, as well as some close stone, which a bunch of people don't have... And theres also the Copper nearby which you already pointed out

I noticed that a bunch of players who have claimed their civs by posting still have not chnged the password!

So I took the liberty of assigning your Nation flags for you. Everybody else, who has not done it already, please set your Nation flag to the Appropriate Flag. Its just great fun If you dont know what flag to use, just Ask

To any Civ that hasn't posted because they cant get a confirmation email to send, here is the situation. You have to use a different email address then the one you used for your regular apolyton ID. I set useable emails for some of the Civs, but I have run out of those. So log into your civ, and give it a different email so you will be able to post. If you dont have a different email to give, set the password to: "HELP" (all caps, no quote marks), and tonight I will try to create a email for you to use so you can post.

@ Greece - Please PM me ASAP

Only 2 civs are unclaimed! Once they are taken we launch. Thanks for your patience everyone. Now is a good time to start reading the official rules, especially if you are in Europe. I posted them in the OPs of the Organization Thread. These will be the final rules unless we need to make some change. Note that the "No-Login Defense" has been nerfed substantially. Now you can't use the No-Login defense together with Defender's Measured War to get cities back.

Thanks Exploit for your help in figuring that out.
                              Last edited by Sommerswerd; March 27, 2012, 12:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sommerswerd View Post

@ Greece - Please PM me ASAP

Only 2 civs are unclaimed! Once they are taken we launch.
                                I can't PM you yet. Not enough posts as Greece (DOB).

Comment

Working...
                                X