Ideas for Changes to the Diplo Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
    Ottomans, I'm being slightly facetious or something like that. I wouldn't trade positions willingly
    I know. No worries In fact I was getting ready to shoot this gag back at you...
    Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
    And you could just focus on stories instead of invading half the world on a whim, too...
    Oh, says the guy who started with a whole continent all to himself

Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

Eh, there were barbs...

Comment

I personally see no problems in Unit Gifting, more accurately selling, as it is part of the way the 'real' World works. I certainly believe that temporary unit gifting for upgrade purposes is not only realistic but beneficial to both the parties involved and the game as a whole. You don't want to see your weaker ally out-gunned as well as out-numbered and the best you can do to help them is by evening the odds a bit.

@Ottoman. I have to agree with Priest here on the 'they're too weak to take a City off' theory. Your neighbour may only have 5-6 Cities but they can still be a real and continuous threat. To give a relatively weak power carte blanche to act as they choose because the rules say they are too small to be hit is rather silly. If they can be a perpetual nuisance to you then I see nothing wrong or against the Diplo ethos to stop you reducing them from 6 Cities to 5 with the very real, and legitimate, message given that 5 will become 4 unless they cease and desist aggressive and antagonistic actions against you. Diplo ethics and the ideals of 'measured' war cannot surely be taken as meaning that a small Civ can engage in any form of action they choose without fear of retribution?
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

I don't know. How many countries have sold actual soldiers to others in large amounts? Arms, yes, but that's what upgrading is for!

Comment

Working...
          X