No announcement yet.

Mod for the next diplogame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had thought it could be fun to play a game on an huge earth map with every civ in the game. Will be crowded but can be balanced pretty well with the following changes to start locations. Dutch in Indonesia (make EU a bit less crowded and they are a good island civ anyway). Babylon and Sumeria in Australia (removes an unsettled continent and frees Arabia for Arabs). Portuguese in Brazil (again helps with EU crowding and gives some better competition for south America). Ottomans near Turkmenistan (frees up Turkey for Byzantium and gives Russia/mongols competition).

Would also like to see increased early wars to capture cities by removing some of the common rescrtions on combat. A way to do this while not empowering early rushers would be to give each player 2 (or more) explorer units with city defense 3 and drill 4 promotions. Would make it fairly easy to defend core cities while leaving others vulnerable.

Comment

This science bonus exists in the game, it's about 25-30% if you are researching a tech which is known by every other civs. I intend to increase this bonus to 100%, that roughly means that the first player will pay 100 beakers for a tech the next one 97, then 94 and so on, for the last it will cost about 50. This idea comes from an other mod used in similar type of games than our diplogames. I'm sure this will work much better than our old rule to give away free techs which belongs to ancient eras.

Comment

I agree with that....

Comment

Working...
        X