Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our most exalted leader, Camaxtli the cunning, is currently awaiting messengers who should inform him of the status of his empire.

The gods of Pah 'ss Word and Se 'r Ver have been satisfied.

One other god who makes communication in this period difficult is the god of Pri Vatemess Ages who awaits the appearance of the magical number of 10.

Let us count..

Comment

Hail god of Pri Vatemess Ages, grant us access..
      Hail god of Pri Vatemess Ages, grant us access..

Let us rejoice, Pri Vatemess Ages, is satisfied..

Comment

The palace of Camaxtli the Cunning is bustling with activity. There isn't a room without frantic activity. The Aztec bureaucracy is clearly working hard to recover from the Inter Regency period.

The Aztec bureaucrats are approaching all nations in the known world to help improve the health or happiness of our people.

"Let it be known that whoever helps us in these times will not be forgotten.."

Comment

How we came to this, Gregorii? - suddenly Queen Catherine asked her old friend sharing her dinner in oppressive silence till now.

Dont know my dearest Queen - Gregorii said thoughtful - I guess thats our destiny.

The whole Europe can be turned in to smoldering ashes within few years with this war. The center of the world civilization will be in ruins, millions will die! - The voice of Catherine raised in crescendo. - This is the price we all have to pay for the human ambitions and misunderstandings... But this is my duty - my word can not be broken. We live with honor and with honor die. Lets drink for this. Tonight we drink and feast. Tomorrow, if there is tomorrow will drink the bitter cup to the bottom if this is my destiny.

Dont worry my Queen, tommorow never dies

Nazdorovie!!!

Comment

Public Notice To All Nations:

The Ottoman Interim Government has completed its reformation, and appointed a new leader. Sultan Ahmed IV. The Sultan has decreed that we shall be know as the Ottoman Turks from this day forward. Additionally, Sultan Ahmed has just convened at our capital of Istanbul (formerly Constantinople) with empress Catherine the Great of Russia for an update on world affairs:

We have heard news from our friends of the attack on the English Isles and express or regrets at the shameful sneak attack launched by the bloodthirsty Vikings:

In our review of our national archives and other historical documents, we have located a document of interest, which we believe to be an accurate depiction of our ancestors impression of the Vikings:

So this latest act by the despicable Vikings should be no surprise to the international community. The Ottoman Turks under our new leader condemn the Vikings for their reprehensible conduct, and we encourage all of the international community to do the same. This attack appears to be totally unprovoked and unwarranted as the English have already made offers for peace including concessions of land.

Additionally, his majesty Sultan Ahmed has directed his representatives to issue this directive recognizing the claims of Incacona to the reasonable lands and waters outlined in their recently posted map.

Finally, Sultan Ahmed wishes to convey his personal thanks to King Veneta of Neandor, for his assistance and clarifications in dealings with the French. As yet they have not attacked our tiny village of Carthage, although their warships remain present. As the French continue to refuse our envoys, Sultan Ahmed has chosen to interpret their remaining peaceful towards the Ottoman Turks as a result of Neandish influence.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); March 22, 2011, 11:38.
            Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

A Letter to All Nations

Dear Global Leaders and European Officials,

After much deliberation, I have decided on our position. Such aggression is unacceptable in this world. That the Vikings should not only trespass on English lands, but to take a major English city is unheard of in this world. These are not the barbarian steppes, this is Europe, the beacon to all other nations of this world. Your darkness casts a great shadow over us all now, Vikings.

Though the Inca and English have had a long and turbulent relationship, we simply cannot stand for such naked and pointless aggression. Such violence and illegitimacy cannot be allowed to stand uncontested, lest such things are to become the norm. So, the Inca stand by the English in their time of need and condemn the Viking actions in the strongest terms.

This will signal the end of Inca-Viking trade, we are afraid, until such time as the Vikings prove themselves to be upstanding members of the international community again. Our doors are now closed to Nidaros traders. This is an action that upsets us much, but that is necessary to prove our utter disgust.

We hope our issues with the Vikings will not harm our positive relations with their allies, as we highly value our friendships with Neandor and France, and wish no ill will on them. We hope the continental issues will resolve themselves without unnecessary bloodshed.

We insist that the Vikings return all seized land to the English, and that they pay the English for all damages incurred by their illegal attack and occupation of English lands. We also ask that whatever issues predated this assault be resolved by both parties promptly to avoid further aggression.

We hope the world will again see a time where peace and mutual prosperity are the uncontested rules in the world. Until that time, we wish for all expediency in resolving the Anglo-Viking problem, so that trade and good relations may resume quickly.

Signed,

Makato Guachulla
              Sapa Chitcopi Incacona Permanente
              Capaco, Empire of Inca

Comment

King Veneta understands the dismay of kingdoms and nations around the world at the actions of the Vikings.

However we must remember that God gave birth to the Nordics in a barren, resourceless small area of rock near the North Pole. They are financially smart and everyone could see that they were developing very advanced technologies.

God has blessed the Damn Anglais as they whisked around the world building an empire upon which the sun never sets, concentrating on naval technologies and colonization. They left their cities in their homeland rather poorly defended with bow and arrow against Riflemen.

Neandor would like to sympathize with the DA but find it difficult after our own treatment by them.

For eons the Neandor built up defences and limited expansion so as to defend our homeland. We could see the massive natural restriction placed around the Vikings and so common sense prevailed within the Neandor bureaucracy in assessing this stress: the Vikings could expand East or West. Eventually military might and improved diplomacy with the Vikings saw to it that Nordica would be spared any onslaught. It was either them (the DA) or us.

For the Damn Anglais to offer ALL of Australis to the Vikings in exchange for peace with the Vikings is absolutely incredulous and proves their utter disrespect of the Asian powers control of that region. Yes, this is true, ALL of Australis was offered to the Vikings.

Instead of condemning the Vikings perhaps look to the truth behind it.

If you want a world of peace, trade and good relations it requires a fundamental tenet of respect and diplomacy. The Neandor will continue to work hard in this regard whilst remaining vigilant with domestic security.

I call for peace talks based on the reality of geographic circumstances:
                - namely that the Vikings capture and keep Northern Damn Anglaisland
                - peace is proclaimed in all of Europe so that the war is not extended (all nations open borders and develop a European Free Trade Guild)
                - perhaps some reparations are paid to the DA for european security and to assist their development of some of their overseas colonies
                - that the issue of South East Australis colonies be the subject of a dialog, the terms of which to be dictated by India, Japan and China
                The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

A public Letter:

His Imperial Majesty, Sultan Ahmed was dismayed at the implication that his friend, the honourable King Veneta would have allied himself with such dishonourable curs as the lawless Vikings.

Sultan Ahmed was inclined to disregard the Incaconan public letter that listed the Neanders among the "friendships" of the Viking marauders... That was, until the latest Neander statement which seems to at least excuse, if not endorse the actions of the no-good, very-bad Vikings. Even more alarming... Our friend Catherine of Russia has requested safe passage through Neandish lands, in order to engage in a peacekeeping mission to rectify the unprovoked assault by the Vikings... and to our shock and horror, the Neandor have delayed the peacekeepers, denying them safe passage. Is this the world we live in now, where vile sneak attacks and the slaughter of innocents are sheilded by the most powerful of nations?

If the logic of the Neander statement holds true, then the Ottoman Turks should also prepare to expand at the expense of other nations, as our lands are completely surrounded by neighbors, and our "rating" among the international community trails far behind that of the Vikings, even with their "barren, resourceless small area of rock near the North Pole." Surely if Neandor can excuse its friend, the cut-throat Vikings, for expanding at the expense of neighbors, then the Ottoman Turks can be excused for doing the same... As they say in other lands, so we have heard... "What is good for the Gander is also good for the Goose, most assuredly" is it not?

Therefore, the Sultan invites his friend Veneta to contact him either publicly or privately, and suggest which neighbors' territory the mighty Ottoman Turks should exapand into so that we may at least acheive the same Empire "rating" as the Vikings...Our guns are many, shiny and yet unused, so if enrichment by War is now to be the norm... better to be ahead of the trend than behind it, lest we fall behind... Is this not correct?
                  Last edited by Ottoman Empire (DoE); March 23, 2011, 02:13.
                  Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

To All Interested Parties,

There is no justification for aggressive war. The Inca have lived by this for a long time. We have been neighbored by helplessly backwards and weak neighbors to our north for millennia, yet even when we could have raised an army of 100,000 macemen to storm neighboring cities defended by lone bands of archers, with a leadership in perpetual absentia, we resisted, respecting the rights and lives of our neighbors. We welcome them to join us in our prosperity now, and hope the new Aztec leadership will construct a stronger and more resilient nation than their ancestors. Likewise, when the Indians shook their wooden bows and spears so mightily at our men of iron, we did not send our troops into their Tasmania to quickly capture that island, but sought instead peace, which we are finalizing now.

We have respected the international order and sovereignty of states since the beginning, and we know that such aggressive war is the undoing of such norms, norms which have allowed all powers to prosper in relative security. That security will be blown away, soon, and for what? An act of illegitimate aggression by the greatest power in the world?

We also resent not being included in those who will determine the affairs of SE Australia, even given that the Neandor have respected our position in that region of the world. What a slap in the face this is! Yet, having no interests in the land, our position would have been one of neutrality anyway.

Signed,

Makato Guachulla
                    Sapa Chitcopi Incacona Permanente
                    Capaco, Empire of Inca

Comment

Thankyou my friends for participating and the comments you have made.

Dear Sultan Ahmed IV and Makato Guachulla,

I believe you have some valid points and I wish to clarify that the Neandor does not favour war. I must admit that the Neandor's hatred of the Damn Anglais and their past deeds of un-negotiated settling has coloured my diplomatic presentations. Sometimes a tribe or a kingdom such as the Vikings, finds itself with no alternative and it lashes out.

I was attempting to explain the historical and geographic circumstances (Vikings have 6 cities) that led to the current stress point in the minds of the Vikings. Of course if they had chosen to attack the Neandor I would probably be arguing a little differently so I take your point in emphasizing war as an abhorrent act and not a tool to be used for expansion - certainly Neandor's history is one of sheer diplomacy whilst attempting meagre expansion.

I am a little perplexed though that the rampant colonization by the DA has few vocal critics and that Russia and the Ottoman Turks support the DA.

Furthermore, Ahmed, the Ottoman Turk expansion into Africa was assisted by the Neandor - where we swore to never settle any city in Africa, allowing you and the French some room for expansion - both of you having more European cities than the Neandor. This was a response to ancient tribal wars resulting in a confluence of Neandor and French cultures and when we had a strong alliance with you Ahmed. And of course the Neandor freely ceded to you the DA city of Arthurton (needs renaming!) to take pressure off the then Turkish populations and in line with our agreements with you. The DA non-free ceding of Carthage to you was a deliberate attempt to create tensions between us - we do not want Carthage but find it ill placed and it is still only a size one city after thousands of years. We prefer its relocation but of course we are in private negotiations about this (OOC - AND WE ARE WAITING FOR FRANCE TO WAKE UP AND JOIN THE PARTY SO WE CAN MAKE A FEW DECISIONS AND DEALS!!

Anyway, as is my custom, I digress from the issue of the day that is of most importance. I blame the Vodka from St Petersburg, apparently a cheap Mongolian import, but after one smashed glass into the fireplace I can't tell the difference...

Now, where was I? Ah, the Damn Anglais. Spit, Spit. Now, consider me a biased narrator in these affairs and I will be guided by your wisdom. I long for maximum participation and seek not to chair or influence any peace processes or any other negotiations but wish to be informed and anything I can do to assist I will. But allowing your troops to rush across my borders to stab Viking women and children in the back is not what Neandor will allow - hence our closing of borders with the beautiful and divine Catherine...ah, now there's a lady... give me a choice between Gozzo and Catherine and who do I pick!

But I urge a peace process above all and not a full scale outbreak of a European war - let us not justify any acts of war but try to analyze and nurture a diplomacy with the Vikings and the English - there I said it!

King Veneti, King of the Neandor Line.
                      Last edited by Germany (DoE); March 23, 2011, 05:52.
                      The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

Was the Inca war against the English not vocal enough a critique of English colonialism?

Yet, we came to some terms over our shared lands, and, as is Inca custom, sought to appease both sides' interests without further or unnecessary bloodshed. Our war was a defensive one, and we would never had undertaken it aggressively. Only the barbarians, in perpetual conflict, are justifiably taken under sword, for they pillage and rape, it is their nature, where they exist there is danger to civilized men. The English, for all their ills, are not barbarians. Their territory and security must be respected then.

You, Good King, seek peace in your own lands, but you must understand that once aggressive war is tolerated, it becomes inevitable. In tolerating the burning of York, you have opened the doors of all your lands to that same fire. We hope it shall be extinguished soon, but unless it is choked of air it will continue to burn. It is not enough to let is smolder away, for that is to allow it more air; it must be doused and sealed off. For if fire has no connections with the outside air, it cannot survive. But here, as states come together to smother this devil, you do not cut it off, and it cannot suffocate therefore.

~Makato Guachulla

Comment

The fire was hot at her feet. Why would they burn her like this. The flames grew and her entire body was engulfed in fire. It was terrifying! And then there was light, in the distance. It was beautiful and calming. It drew her from the fire. Cool air surrounded her. Her parents were there to take her by the hand. She felt at peace.

Physician: My Lord. She is gone. The fever was too much for her.

Prince Phillipe: Thank you Doctor, for your efforts. I will inform my family and the people. This is indeed a sad day for France.

Comment

We are most upset over your loss, France. Our best wishes are for you and your people now. What a terrible decade this is for the world!

We are sending over envoys to pay our respects properly.

~Makato Guachulla

Comment

Pirates of Oceania

Countless islands in an endless sea, a glass floor slowly swept by lumbering sheets of water, white brooms hung in the firmament. A world of blue and white, punctured three hundred times by tiny emeralds. A light breeze, constant and unshifting, pressing the sails forward, to home. Inevitable return through a brilliant and blazing emptiness.

Somnambulent figures on a wooden giant, dragged on by the slow hand of the Essence to its home on distant shores. Asleep in the daytime, lost in wandering in the starry nights, no purpose but to exist, to sense, and to breathe. A land of water, yet little to drink, a land of paradoxes and lost worlds. The salt poured in through their nostrils, drowned their lungs, filled their bodies, until they were white and dry as parched bone. It corroded their skin and hair, the deck and sails, a million abrasions in miniature, carried out a million times, turned all matter rough, broken, distilled. They lay on the cracked, bleached wood of the deck, shaded by the large sails, sleeping in the noon heat.

The Yalapaco, or were they the Pichi, or the Hawaiico or the Macuro? The track was lost months ago, and it mattered little. Just follow the islands and the winds east, find the coast, the Rocky Limit of sand and jungle, find home.

Patu lay with the other men, waiting with infinite patience for rain or the sight of waterfalls on the coasts. He did not watch for either, though, for the eyes of a crew of dozens were but six, the rest watching lazily the billowing sails or their own covers. All ears on the lapping water, a few distant gulls, and the light, rhythmic flapping of canvas.

He could not sleep, though, and in time wrestled himself up into some semblance of a standing position. His feet pressed hard into the canyons and ridges of wood as he walked to the side, for only the sea itself was allowed to be flat in this place. There, he went about returning some of the salt back to the sea. As he concluded his weary business, he looked up for a second, and noticed on the horizon a black speck. He squinted, bending over the rail slightly, as though an extra inch would make speck more clear at a distance of miles. He watched it for a minute, lost in its dark mystery, entranced by innocuous manner.

Some ink on searing blue paper, but moving ink, yes. Ink does move some times, though, does it not? Yes, it can run and shift.

The paper can move, yes the paper moves the ink. The ink is stationary. I think it moving because I forget its connection to the paper. The paper is what I forget, yes, the paper, lost in the ink I am.

The deck heaved slightly on small waves, the foreground rocking back and forth in harmony with the infinite sheet of water below.

But the harmony was lost on this dot. It took some minutes to notice, but as another island came into view, quite affixed to its page, Patu could see the dot was refusing connection. A cancer, a parasite, to refuse such connection to its proper page. It would tear it apart, and a gaping crevasse would swallow what little still remained above the depths.

And the call went out. Pirates! Barbarians! We are not alone!

The I.E.S. Matalin slowly came to life, its disparate parts drawing together, shaking off their dust and rust, grinding, haltingly into motion.

Bring up the cannons! Adjust sails! Heading 124! Full speed! All hands on deck! Prepare for hostile contact!

There was no running away from a cancer, what foolishness, thought Patu. To his cannon he went, and by it he stood as the ship lurched to port.

And then all action ceased, the engine stopped, and the great beast pushed forward on momentum alone. Activity, upkeep, nothing was needed, its course set and the wind firmly caught by its net.

Minuted passed. Ten, maybe twenty. The small dot grew larger, and larger again. Then, suddenly, its size grew enormous, and it was upon them, and they upon it. The machine snapped back to life, the engine again moved, and the ignition was lit.

"Port side, fire at will!"

With a roar it pounced on the massive dot, and the dot exploded into a thousand shards of wood and bone. Water, smoke, and blood billowed into the sky, and rocked the calm seas into a fury. Yet, the dot continued on its course, set as well about its destination by momentum and, now, a skeleton crew.

"Full starboard! Brace for collision!"

But it was too late, the dying blotch slammed into the Matalin, finally shattering into non-existence, components, dissasembled and devoured by the angry sea. In its wake, it left the hull of the Matalin stained by its presence, a wounded thing.

Once the smoke had been washed away, the damage was assessed. One third of the crew lost, the ship nearly irreparable, certainly out of action. From here out, the dangerous islands must be avoided. To home! An immediacy propelled them now. Before our world sinks, dragging us below. Leave the pirates to the sharks, and our fates to the winds!

Time passed, as it has a tendency of doing, and Patu rested lazily again upon the cracked deck, staring blankly at full sails and an empty sky, as the blue blaze slipped silently into sombre hues of fire, and finally a faint shimmering of ash and embers, while the sky quietly took them home.

Comment

India supports Neandors point of view regarding the Viking invasion of England.

The English have spread their flag across the world in complete disregard of other nations. To not be allowed to challenge such greed is to us most illogical. England's suggestion that Australia be given to the Vikings seems highly strange as their claim to the region is disputed and tenuous at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X