No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But perhaps it causes this debate b/c I PM'ed Carthage earlier and b/c I changed my mind about it.
    In that case I started the debate myself. I think that's not so bad anyway b/c I'd rather get a rule against it.

I think that the 50-turn city trading back-rule was my idea, but that's hard to discuss with anonymous handles

edit: egypt writes "I was one of those" thus I stand corrected. I was certainly not the only one so that's correct. It's not for no reason that I brought it up again in this game as well

edit2: now I know who Egypt is. Glad to fight on your side for once, bro

Comment

• Right now I think I know who Egypt and Carthage are, till very recently I was terribly wrong in my assumption who they actually are, but that's the beauty of the hidden personalities

Comment

• Bulgaria, yeah I remember that now. I abused game mechanics significantly, though there are counterpoints and I don't think it's worth getting into that now.

I think it's best if we go without city gifting period in proper diplogames. I'm not sure that actually happens much in the real world, and it's so prone to abuse in-game (it can be quite tempting, to say the least, especially when on the losing end). But this isn't a diplogame.

For the record, 2 of the nations Hungary is fighting are by Hungarian choice and have 0 ability to strike at Hungary, basically they're defeated and awaiting cleanup... What was that about "taking no casualties while getting a ton of promotions" I heard about in the story thread

Comment

• I received a few items, and all I've paid. Hungary vainly justify me. There really is not the case for comparison between 30 mechanized infantry and some tanks and machine guns.

Comment

• Guys, I don't think any one of us is being unreasonable..
            all players involved have been chivalrous so far, especially Hungary and Egypt.

And they are right that there were ample of things which can be explained as precedents.

But my main question is:

* 1) do we want to continue the game in this manner?
            (then Car, Por and Rome will also upgrade all units and do all sorts of city swaps)

or 2) we resolve this matter now and start with the rule as posted by Bulgaria,
            after a reload.

PS
            As far as I know Rome didnt do any city swaps.
            I did a peace time swap with Bul, Portugal also,
            Egypt did this one and perhaps some more, Otts and Persia did some major ones.
            So allmost all players did it more or less..
            Last edited by Carthage (DoF); March 21, 2012, 06:05.
            Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• I think it is obvious that the majority if not all feel uncontrolled city gifting should not be part of the game anymore.

One thing we must agree on however: Do we reload to the turn before and then continue to play with that rule, or we say that the rule is in place from now on?

Comment

• I think that really is a little dumb to apgreedne entire Hungarian army mechanized infantry to (let's not tell Hungary, mechanized infantry that is almost the same as usual infantry) but I think that the war should simply proceed without further upgrades such mass .

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                  Bulgaria, yeah I remember that now. I abused game mechanics significantly, though there are counterpoints and I don't think it's worth getting into that now.
                  Yeah, that was long ago and then I did not complained, no way I should start now, just though it is worth putting it straight.

Comment

• Let's reload my turn (in about 7 hours from now). and proceed with no city gifting during wartime from now on.

Comment

• PS I edited my previous post, while you all were posting

But it seems we are reaching some sort of agreement.
                      Egypt is your proposal to reload before the city swap?

Comment

• And just for the record: is gifting cities to Greece allowed?

Comment

• Reloading my turn means my autosave, so before I've upgraded for hungary. I know this will have a chatastrophic effect on Hungary ( and a bit unfair since most of the players used this tactic before for their advantage why cant they), but if everyone will feel better after this then I don't mind. This is just my vote, we can hear from others

Comment

• The rule as in the full-diplo says: "No city gifting during war except to a nation in which you are at war and after the agreement of ALL nations you are currently at war." It does not imply if gifting to AI makes any difference.

Comment

• Then I propose the following:

after the reload from Egypts autosave, Hungary may log in again, take his countermeasures and the western alliance will refrain (for one turn) from any offensive ground action on the unit stack in Debrecen. The war will proceed as normal on all other locations.

PS. Be advised that just upgrading those units to infantry, won't be enough

Comment

• Anyway we are the chivalrous ones, as opposed to the insidious, perfidious, crafty, mean, base, vile, dastardly, underhand, low, mean-spirited, low-down, dirty Westerners.

Comment

Working...
                                X