Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Egypt (DoF) View Post
    Still, please log in end end your turn as soon as possible.
    I'm sorry for causing aggravation when the turn is held up. I want to help make the game more fun for everyone not cause unnecessary stress to other player.

Here is the situation form on my end so that maybe you wont have anymore stress or worry. I absolutely, positively can't play my turn "as soon as possible". So so sorry, but that is the truth. I am very busy and I can only play when it is convenient.

It is not convenient for me to play every day. It is convenient for me to play once every day and a half or two days at best. Right now, as it is, the timer of 20 hours is inconvenient, but I balance it out by waiting to the end and playing 2 turn at a time.

So if the timer goes to say 9 hr, I will only play about 1 out of every 4 turns, but this will be very good for those who want to play many turns in one day, because then you will get to play many times each day no? And it is no skin off my nose, I am OK with missing turns because I use the city Q's and teching Q's and Building Q's etc, etc etc. So that why I say hooray! make the turn shorter.

But if you are thinking that shorter timer will make me play faster, it wont, its not possible or convenient, I cant do it, sorry so very sorry. No matter the timer, I will only play about once every 20-30 hours. If this is unacceptable to other players, please tell me and I will resign. I like this game, but I dont want to create aggravation for no reason.

Comment

• France, don't worry. Thanks for giving us the option to lower the timer. If you need a longer timer again b/c you need to play more turn, just let me know!

I'll now make it a 14h timer which will be 16 hours per turn effectively.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Robert, could you check the server please. From PYT I can see that most players are having problems to get connected..
        Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• It would appear that I cannot connect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carthage (DoF) View Post
            Robert, could you check the server please. From PYT I can see that most players are having problems to get connected..
            Confirm. I tried like 7-8 times and the best I get was been able to set tech priority in 1 or 2 minutes very slow game. Which is actually OK to me in the peaceful building mode I am in, but for Egypt and Carthage it might be serious problem

Comment

• restarting server now.

edit: game's up.
              Last edited by Robert; February 16, 2012, 03:39.

Comment

• Same problem as everyone else, thank you for restarting the ser.

Comment

• I am not logged in, but PYT shows like I am..

And I con't get connected right now.. so perhaps another restart is needed.
                  I am under the impression that my modem crashed during the turn.

Comment

• That sucks!
                    It happened to me once as well, after some time the game logged me out anyway and I could login after all. Perhaps time will help you as well.

Comment

• It does

BTW the obvious point is that I am in war and that I need to finish my turn ;(

Comment

• I also can't log in.
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Could someone else please try? And perhaps pause the game. I am able to play all night, so no long pause will come from this..

Comment

• The pitboss server had crashed.
                            I'm trying to get it up now... for some reason it lags...

Comment

• Now I know why, the Carthage auto-save is corrupted.
                              I had to use the Persia auto-save, so Persia's turn has been undone.

Persia, sorry, you have to play again. (despite what PYT may say!)

Game's up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                                Now I know why, the Carthage auto-save is corrupted.
                                Whole Carthage is corrupted. I'm doing my best to fix this problem, takes longer than expected unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X