Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Greece / Hungary:
    if Greece vassalises while Hungary is winning, and then stops playing, I think it is fair that Greece is set to AI and Hungary may fight him again or have an AI as vassal..

Rome should then be allowed to rethink it's position ..
    Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Greece to make the AI ​​is not a bad idea, but wants to take Rome in case something from Greece (not more than two cities) because I think that after all the efforts of a long and severe war Rome is worth something (and Hungary will become too high if you decide to become Greece AI I want to be warned 6-7 turn earlier because the Roman army is by far Hungary and thus will get an advantage (because it is much closer). Alternatively or Hungary after taking Greece to give me 1 or 2 city which will win a friend

Comment

• People, understand how this game works: Greece has capitulated. Hungary cannot have a war with Greece. Greece is a part of Hungary. And making Greece an AI is unfair to Hungary.

So, I tried to do good and now I am punished for that.
        We must find a sub for Greece or people must just allow me to sub.

If you don't know: Greece can't break free from Hungary. If Hungary declares war, Greece declares war. If civs declare war on Greece, they declare war on Hungary. Please understand the game mechanics. Greece = Hungary. We are one nation, Greece points already count on top of Hungaries points. (domination/conquest score).

Comment

• Hungary I see your point. As I said I have no problem you subbing for Greece.

Comment

• And I understand the position of Hungary, and I had to replace Geza and I would want the same, but I think the following: the meaning of the retainers is they still have some internal autonomy. I am sure nobody will agree to take Greece.

Comment

• Hungary is correct - he cant attack Greece while they are bound via capitulation.
              Greece can break free only if it becomes 50% of its master territory or it loses 50% of its own territory.
              On the other hand, Hungary + Greece as separate Hungarian controlled puppet is even better for Hungary than conquering it - its buildings are intact, the maintenance is 2 times lower, it have 2 bureaucratic capitols, 2 Moiai statues, 2 Oxford, 2 Wall Street, 2 National Epic and Hero Epic, etc, etc.

Turning Greece away from vassalization and just then making it an AI ready to be conquered would make most sense. But how this can be done? Maybe with 2-3 more cities gifted away from Greece it will fall under the 50% threshold? Or returning the cities already took away from Greece can make it 50% of Hungary?

Comment

• This is the way to do it:

Let an impartial judge play one turn. Refuse to give the resource, and then Hungary can attack Greece.

Comment

• Do I need to pause the game for France?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Carthage, that wouldnt't work.

I understand Hungary, but also: being a vassal doesn't mean to be a puppet. Greece could choose to be a faithful servant of hungary, but they can also resist as much as possible. So they may choose to involve themselves in war on the side of Hungary, but also they could refuse (they must declare war but they still controll their units). The gnp of greece is also a question.
                    I think making greece an ai is actually not bad option. his way they would really be usefull to Hungary but not as usefull as being annected as they shouldnt just become full part hungary.

Comment

• Ok, AI'ing Greece is ok with me.

I blame Greece for first accepting capitulation and then leaving.
                      And it was not just capitulation, I explained how we would work together, how I would involve him in all decisions, and how we factually could just be a team from now on.

He should just not have accepted that, or either stayed in the game. I am sure it could have been fun for him.

Comment

• I can imagine, I thought Greece leaving also s%^ked..

Well, let's ask our dear host to put Greece to AI

Comment

• I think the game needs to be paused for France. RP could you contact him and establish if he is going to play on.

If not, Spain is an option, and / or a sub. But all subs would not 10 turns no war action to get a chance .. (then of course Portugal should agree).

Otherwise AI is an option.

Comment

• Ps. Having an AI vassal could really inspire some good story telling

Internal struggles within the alliance. Greek troops which don't carry out their orders, and do something completely different. Could be brilliant from a storytelling point of view.

Comment

• Grrr.. sorry.. I just need to complain somewhere . What are the chances to fail spreading a religion when there is one already in the city? I have failed 3 missionaries in a row and now a corporation agent!! failed too in the very same city.. I haven't even heard that corporation can fail (every condition to expand is there). I think something is wrong with the game, the chance of this happening is ridiculously low and now I'm afraid to try again to expad into my capital.

Comment

• I had some strange things with chances as well: my Great People nearly always went to the ones with the lesser %.
                                (missed 3 times a 80+ chance for instance)..

Comment

Working...
                                X