Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I unpaused for france

Comment

• I am around in the next 10 hours and will unpause even if the Turks are locked in diplo screen.

I know its a bit annoying, but yet not as double-moving, then the other double-moving, possible ruining of whole war, complaining, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carthage (DoF) View Post
        Next time no pause.. especially if the player himself did not ask for it..
        It's not that easy.. how long Should the other player wait before they decide they need to double move, and usually double moves are very bad for the game. In any case I won't hold up the game for too long. I will restart in 2-3 hours or when Bulgaria is around. by then the turn would had flipped anyway.

So Bulgaria, I think you should take your turn in max 3 hours, no more unless we hear from Ottomans.

Comment

• I think I can live with one missed turn if it will keep the things simple and clear. So in 3 hours you are free to unpause the game and let the turn flip. Hopefully Turkey will show till then and we will play normally. I will be around anyway.

Comment

• I see Turkey loged in, but the timer is not moving. Most probably locked. Egypt, can you please unpause again?

Comment

• Portugal, I'm Persia. I was under the impression that this was widely known by the players here. Now it is hopefully, if it wasn't already. I don't care for anonymity. The rules, as I'm aware, state that anonymity is required, but I suppose that rule got broken by me long ago and switching back a forth between my accounts isn't going to undo it. I am not sure why it is an issue to you. I do not want to keep going back and forth between log-ins to check messages, plus I do not get e-mail notifications from my Persian login, so it's a pain to use it, and so I do not.

Sorry for the lack of excessive capitalization and bolding. I hope, somehow, perhaps hopelessly given such oversight, that this message gets through to you in some way through the thick layers of obfuscation and opaqueness that apparently cloud this thread.

Comment

• Game is unpaused.

Comment

• Inca: We have that rule for reasons, it's not just a recommendation. You are right that it is too late now anyway. but know if it was a normal diplogame you would get a serious score hit from me because of disregarding anonymity.

Comment

• To me it was not clear Inca (DOE) = Persia (DOF) until I started to get PMs from Inca (DOE) with signature King of Persia at the bottom. The requirement for anonymous is reasonable, as it removes the hints how strong you are, how you prefer to play, how reliable you are, or simply keeps you from revenge of someone who you annoyed/beat in previous game/s. But I guess all this can not matter if you simply switch stiles between different games and if you dont feel someone have to revenge about something on you from other games.

But it is still a bit unrespectful to others, who do all the hassle just to obey the rule and also, this gives a slight hint to guessing the other players who is who - now it is 1/11 instead of 1/12 chance

I loged in to unpause for Turkey, but Egypt was already there, so I just quit without touching anything.

Comment

• @Inca, thanks for your reply. Felt I needed to shout because earlier request went unanswered, but maybe you just missed that. Easy to do in here I know.

Like others have said sorry you chose to solve problem by breaking anonymity. I think anonymity is there for good reasons, and I haven't found two accounts that hard.

But so be it.

One thing - does this mean if I pm Persia you don't get that?

Comment

• No, I never check my other login, so I won't get your PMs until fairly later whenever I get around to my semi-monthly check in.

This is a fairly drastic change of style for me, which was on purpose, and I doubt I have any enemies from DoE, even if India is perhaps quite upset with me presently. The WPC game is non-anonymous from the start, so we'll see if it makes any difference there.

Comment

• Anyway, the Turks never got around to responding regarding the "double move" issue, and I don't want to wait any longer, so here's the well deserved apology to Bulgaria. First, a poem of sorts:

Oh, Bulgaria, you are a great and noble people.
                          Never in your lives have you sinned the sin of double-movement (without consent).
                          Never have you cheated or stolen to the top,
                          Nor broken any sacred vows.
                          Unlike the Inco-Persian people, great vow breakers and deceivers they are.
                          You are honorable.

And then this:

I apologize to Bulgaria and the community for my inappropriate and unproven remarks as to their supposed double-move. I did not do my typical due diligence in checking if this was the actual case, and accused without proper reason or support. The Bulgarian player is, as far as I know, a respectable and honorable player, moreso than myself so far in this game at least I find them to be fair publicly and privately in communications and outlook, and hope this war ends soon and we can get on with our business in other corners.

I also apologize to the Turks. I did not ask them if I could make an issue of this, and in doing so put them into the middle of a bit of drama they had no intentions of being involved in. At no time did they signal to me that they wanted this made public, and I made that post on my own accord, in a fit of passion, perhaps some would say, of belligerent intoxication. Please do not blame them for this. Certainly, you can blame the continuation of hostilities on them but that double move business was my fault alone. They told me privately that they thought there was a double move, but that was all, a simple sentence, and I then went off on it.

Sincerely,

Inca-Persia-DNK

PS and in the spirit of making sure things are known in this thread:
                          BULGARIA DID NOT DOUBLE MOVE. I AM AN IDIOT SOMETIMES.

Comment

• Apology accepted, Inca-Persia-DNK.

Comment

• Well such an elaborate appology should be enough to never mention this matter again.
                              In fact it was fun to read
                              Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• War? What is it good for?

Comment

Working...
                                X