No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like the server crashed again. I'm starting it up now, I hope it'll work. I have to do it on my mobile phone.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• We support our brothers of the (cotton) cloth in their Great War of Transpassage.

Comment

• Sorry people, my server keeps crashing. apparently it's all too much for it. I'm going to try to find a solution. Till then the game is down. If someone can host instead, at least temporarily, please let us know here

Comment

• The trojans last defence against Portugese victory.

Comment

• I think the server has crashed again ?

Comment

• Robert,

One request IF you should manage to get the game going again:

please build in a 3 day warning period
              as people will tend to check in less regularly after this notice..
              Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• A 3 day warning is a bit much, isn't it
                If everybody checks this thread at least once a day we should be fine. I'll then let the 'next turn' last 24 hours.

Comment

• Egypt, a war is a war and a turn order is required. Your warrior is gambling his life and I will not promise you safe passage nor destruction. If that makes you desire a turn order then that is ok. If not, then that is also ok.

Comment

• Remember, this is diplo-light, so no double move rules. Just play with integrity and work something out between yourselves.

No reloading, no pausing, no whining. Please?
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Speaking of war... what are the rules or guidelines for war in this game? Elimination is allowed, correct, but not before... 1000 AD? Or something? What about war before that? How far can you push things, like if you take half of someone's cities and choke his remaining ones, is that much better than elimination?

I didn't play in the last one, so I'm not sure how this works.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well, it's all about honour...
                        We decided for game1 that to have a more interesting game it should be allowed to eliminate civs. That increases the fun for losing civ (no need to play till the end) and it makes war more interesting.
                        I think that the code of honour means that we must keep the game interesting for all players till 1000ad.

But in DoD no civ was eliminated....
                        yet again, in this game must be eliminated since domination and conquest are the only winning options

Comment

• Talking about the game: any idea what's the ETA for the game running again :-) ?

Comment

• I have a couple of days of from Thursday on, maybe I can manage to re-install my 2nd server then.

Comment

• Game is up!
                              I have fixed my 2nd server and started DoF on it so it's now most probably going to be cool 8)

There's 6,5 hours on the timer, next turn will be 24 hours.
                              I have no time to search for a list of all players in this game right now.
                              Can someone please PM everybody that the game is up? Thanks!

Comment

• Well done RP on gettings us up again.

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                                Speaking of war... what are the rules or guidelines for war in this game? Elimination is allowed, correct, but not before... 1000 AD? Or something? What about war before that? How far can you push things, like if you take half of someone's cities and choke his remaining ones, is that much better than elimination?

I didn't play in the last one, so I'm not sure how this works.
                                I think the point is that we approach it as a normal diplo-game until 1000 AD so ideas of measured war etc. The key thing being not crippling an opponent so they think 'whats the point anymore'. Taking half the cities would definitely be crippling in my book. Its not pacifist - people should still think that if they let their oponents have twice the soliders they do they are in for invasion - but does mean that even if people lose a war they don't think - "so its all over".

Comment

Working...
                                X