No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It keeps saying something about "your assets cannot be altered" and then crash to desktop.

Comment

• Did you try Carthage's suggestion about the mod?
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Maybe we should pause the game until we solve Bulgaria's problem.

Comment

• Game has been server-side paused
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Yes, the mod is in the supposedly correct path ( d:/program files/firaxis/civ4/beyond the sword/mod/destiny of empires) or whatever it's correct path is. Only possible problem can be it is not in C: as usual. Anyone confirming the mod works from a drive different from C: ?

And why the directory all the time shows as "read only" despite I am making it not "read only" and the very next second she is returning to "read only"

Comment

• The game/mod works in any drive (for me it's F).
              The read only thing can very well be the source of the problem, I did a google search, it seems to be a quite common win xp problem, couldn't find a good solution yet, there can be many cause of this. As a last resort you can reinstall the game maybe to somewhere else.

Comment

• The strange thing to me is the other mods act the same - they are also read-only and yet works like charm.

Comment

• Are you sure you are using the latest mod with the no-score etc in? Next thing we should try is asking someone to log in with your civ and see what happens.

Comment

• Another approach - what changed Bulgaria? Looking at the PYT logs, you were logging in and playing hapilly until a couple of days ago. Any idea what changed?

Be good to get this going again. Once we stop, people lose contact with whether its up or not, then lose out on turns when it starts again.

Comment

• Damn.. an other pause..
                      Bulgaria, It's normal that the mod folder is read only. I also think that we should check if the problem is with the modded civ or your setup. So you should send your login pw to a distant civ who could check it out.

Comment

• It is exactly the same problem I had. I am sure of it.
                        Check if you maybe have two civ folders or two mod folders.

PS. I just saw what your were saying in your mail..
                        You are saying Destiny of EMPIRES?? I hope you mean Destruction of Foes????>>
                        Because then you have simply installed the wrong mod!!

This should be it: http://www.oneandfour.org/files/civ/...ctionofFoes.7z >>
                        Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Is there anything happening out there? When I suggested pausing the game I thought Robert and Bulgaria could find some time to test the game. But if the game is not up Bulgaria can't do anything (giving up after 2 unsuccessful logins also won't help too much)
                          Come on guys, I have 11 foes left to destroy..

Comment

• In 24 hours I will be either resolved my pc problems and able to play, or I will have to look for a sub. Sorry for all this waiting and thank for the patience.

Comment

• I can't do anything b/c I'm in Belgium and can only use the internet by using my phone as a modem. 35MB per day top.
                              It seems like Bulgaria just has the mod folder wrongly installed, like Carthage suggested.
                              He should first delete all occurances of the mod (maybe do a filesystem search) and then download the file Carthage suggested and install it in the place Carthage said.

- correct mod: http://www.oneandfour.org/files/civ/...ctionofFoes.7z
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Is the game still paused?

Comment

Working...
                                X