No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, looking at the pyt table it seems to be in place: everyone has 1 point. Also it was me who told Ozzy how to implement it . it's just the scoring, not the full mod. all that has changed is that we will have 1 point during the whole game, the demographic screens are still available.

Comment

• The no score mod is in.

And don't worry Hungary, getting to the sea isn't that important initially. The only way any of us are going to win this game is by going through each other, so get to the sea by conquering Bulgaria.

And since people seem to be confused, I have changed it so that galleys, triremes, caravels, carracks, galleons, frigates, ships of the line, iron clads and transports can be BUILT in any city adjacent to a body of water that is 2 tiles large or larger. So any navigable river can build those ships. ANY ship can travel into a navigable river. Battleships can travel down rivers, they just can't be built there.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Keep in mind to install this latest mod!! (June 24th version)

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• *YAWn*
          Greece was not online for the last six days. I think we should sub for them. Maybe for Bulgaria too, though He might not know that we have restarted.
          And don't forget to end your turn (RUSSIA).

Comment

• I guess the cities on rivers can NOT build lighthouses and the 'shore side" wonders (e.g. colossus) ?
            And NO harbour and customs house?

IS THIS CORRECT OZZY?
            Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• With all the changes, i'm completely lost with the final mod details.
              Is it possible to edit the first post with the final config?

How will we follow the turns? Civstats?

Comment

• Here is the link to the PYT site (similar to civstat):

I agree, we should have it in the first post with all the infos about the game and mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russia (DoF) View Post
                  With all the changes, i'm completely lost with the final mod details.
                  Is it possible to edit the first post with the final config?
                  It has been added. If someone notices something I've left out, please let me know. Here are the details:

Mod Details:

New Civ: Hungary

Starting techs: Agriculture, Hunting
                  Leader: Imre Nagy (Charismatic, Protective)

UU: Huszar (replaces cavalry)
                  100 hammers (instead of 120)
                  Starts with Flanking I

UB: Vegvar (replaces castle)
                  120 hammers (instead of 100)
                  3 culture (instead of 1)
                  60% defense (instead of 50%)
                  -30% damage to defenses (instead of -25%)
                  +1 happy with wine
                  Doesn't obsolete

New Civ: Bulgaria

Starting techs: The Wheel, Hunting
                  Leader: Simeon I (Aggressive, Creative)

UU: Konnik (replaces Horse Archer)
                  +1 first strike
                  Ignores terrain movement costs
                  Not immune to first strikes

UB: Bulgarian Stan (replaces stable)
                  +4 XP for mounted units

Other Changes:
                  - Portuguese Carrack now has 4 strength & 4 movement instead of 3 and 3
                  - Galley, Trireme, Caravel, Carrack, Galleon, Frigate, Ship of the Line, Ironclad and Transport can be built by cities on lakes/rivers 2 squares big or larger
                  - The pictures for Banana, Corn, Silk, Rice and Sugar have been replaced with graphics for Olives, Barley, Silk, Peas and Coffee
                  - New names added to list of names for Great People
                  - Civ scores will always be displayed as "1"

Map Details:

- Mediterranean Map created from scratch by DNK, tweaked a bit by Ozzy.
                  - All civs start in historical locations
                  - Major rivers are 1-tile wide seas to allow ships to cross them.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I didn't add it, but Hungary & Bulgaria have custom leaderheads, custom art, custom colors, custom flags, custom voices (units should speak in Hungarian and Bulgarian if you click on them), etc. Plus all Hungarian units have unique art.

Comment

• Ozzy you are a star for doing all this modding, and putting up with the chops and changes, and giving us something that sounds like its going to be great. And DNK for the map. But do the Eskimos have a source of uranium?

One clarification on rules as opposed to the Mod - I presume that the no tech trading (which I fully support) also means no 'tech stealing agreements'. Yes steal techs, yes even when you make peace with someone blow your EP against them by stealing something, but I'd think its against the spirit of the game (even if unpoliceable) to make agreements with someone by which allow them to build up EP against you and then steal techs - that is really just a way round the no tech trading.

Comment

• Is seems that Greece is AFK. In the past few days that the game was restarted Greece didn't play a turn. Perhaps we need to sub for him so the game can roll on ?

Comment

• Agree. I'm a long way away. Happy to sub. Couple of people say yes and I'll do it.

Comment

• Yep

Comment

• Yes

Comment

• Let me send a PM out to all players first.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X