Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
    hmmm... England should maybe edit that last post.

It's real and historical, mzprox (although some of the placements are a bit off, especially the Eastern ones as I don't recall there being a ton of room to the East, so they are like the "westernmost limits of the historical eastern powers" in a sense). The map itself was traced using a typical height map of Europe and food production/soil maps of Europe for the grass/plains thing. Some artistic license was used, though, of course.

It's not very historic that Carthage and the Portuguese are existing at the same time, and I recall making the original placements based more on Roman-era peoples (Lusitanians being the Portuguese, Iberians or Celtiberians being the Spanish, French occupying somewhere near Lugdunum) although I or Ozzy might have moved some of the starts, I really can't remember as we went through a number of versions and he has the final map anyway.
    I don't think I changed any of the starting locations from what you sent me. I tweaked resources and the terrain a bit, and of course cut some forest as you saw, but it is mostly the same.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'll try to start the game later today.
      First turn will last 48 hours, after that 8 hours per turn.

All make sure that you have to correct mod running when playing.
      All good luck!
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I hope OzzyKP did not cut down my forests

Comment

• There's one ongoing civ-swap issue going on, let's wait for that to resolve first.

Comment

• Ozzy can replace my grassland forests with grassland iron or gems any time he wants.

Comment

• I made an executive decision about the forests, and it is too late to change now, but I am curious what everyone else thinks. Inca's initial map covered nearly every tile on the map with forest except the desert. Even Egypt and the mideast were covered entirely in forest.

He suggested that in 4,000 BC, before human civilization, that much of the world was covered in forest so it was accurate. He also suggested that it would help move the game along in the early stages of the game with all the chopping.

Those are both good points, but it seemed too strange and different to go with, so I axed it (har har). Should I have left it alone?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Ozzy starts the game with 10400 hammers b/c of chopping!!
                It's not fair

Comment

• Let's see... that'd buy me 693 warriors... think I could use those to wipe out the rest of the players before they all got deleted because of being on strike?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    There's one ongoing civ-swap issue going on, let's wait for that to resolve first.
                    Hurry up.

Sadly the civs I wanted to swap with didn't want to swap with me.

Comment

• It's more important that the map is balanced than to be accurate. If a civilization has lots of forest it can chop settlers, soldiers even wonders and easily outgrow those without it. I don't think I won't have enough forest in the game, but I hope this was considered when the map was balanced.

Comment

• I can sub for Bulgaria if this will speed up the things

Comment

• Sorry for spanning but I need 2 more posts to send PM's :-)

Comment

• Sorry for spamming but I need 2 more posts to sent PM's :-)

Comment

• Civ Swap is succesfull, I'm going to start the game now.

Comment

• This is the Great Pyramid of Cheops under a shady forest of mammoth trees as painted by an egyptian artist in 3000 BC. (the trees were cut down later because people were disappointed that they couldn't see the great pyramids on google maps)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pyramid.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	9090571
                                Last edited by Egypt (DoF); June 21, 2011, 03:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X