X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appreciated

Comment

• New Mod!!

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If we are so into modding anyway we should really try that no-score mod at last.. I don't think we can use two mods at once, but at least we could take some tweaks from it.
        The most easiest, and I think harmless change if we just change the scoring mechanism (everything gives 0 points except each wonders give +1 (there should be something which gives point)-In the no-score mod they made it that having any tech (no matter how many) gives 1 point so everyone was at 1 point in the whole game. They also disabled the demographics screen, which is a cheap way to spy on others.

Here is the link to that mod:
        http://forums.civfanatics.com/attach...3&d=1256725373

about the full mod:

Set all scores to 1. (Receive +1 for researching all techs)
        Removes the global demographics screen.
        Removes all 5 barbarian uprising events (Huns, Vandals, Goths, Philistenes, Vedic Aryans).
        Restricts list of techs popped from goody huts to first 2 columnns of the tech tree, minus the 2 religion techs (list of possible techs below).
        Customized deity level - AI bonuses are the same as for human players.
        Max research boost for 'known civs with tech' is increased from 30% to 100%.
        Fishing
        The Wheel
        Agriculture
        Hunting
        Mysticism
        Mining
        Sailing
        Pottery
        Animal Husbandry
        Archery
        Masonry

Usual installation instructions.
        Download the attached .zip file and extract the contents to your \Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods directory.
        When you're done you should see a NoScoreV2 folder in your Mods directory, and be able to load the NoScoreV2 mod from the Civ main menu.
        Note: if you see an Extract_contents_to_Mods_folder__NoScoreV2 mod listed in the menu instead, you need to move the NoScoreV2 folder out of that directory into your main Mods directory).

So no score, no main demographic screen (you wont know if you have the strongest military without having spy info on everyone etc)

"Max research boost for 'known civs with tech' is increased from 30% to 100%"

about this line: we get research bonus if we are researching a tech known by a civ we had met. This increase the bonus (100% means that if you had met all the players and all knows the tech you are researching you get +100% bonus) This helps the less advanced civs close the gap.
        Last edited by mzprox; June 18, 2011, 10:25.

Comment

• Download the mod here:
          Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Put the folder inside the archive Ozzy linked to above in your \mods\ folder of your x:\program files\firaxis\sid meier's civ4\beyond the sword\mods\ directory.

For more info on installing the mod, creating a shortcut for the mod, and playing with this mod, please read the following page (and exchange everything about "Destiny of Empires" into "Destruction of Foes":

(except chapter #1: login-help, that's not working here. you need port 2065 for DoF!
          thus: plomp.eu:2065)

Last edited by Robert; June 21, 2011, 02:50.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by mzprox View Post
            If we are so into modding anyway we should really try that no-score mod at last.. I don't think we can use two mods at once, but at least we could take some tweaks from it.
            The most easiest, and I think harmless change if we just change the scoring mechanism (everything gives 0 points except each wonders give +1 (there should be something which gives point)-In the no-score mod they made it that having any tech (no matter how many) gives 1 point so everyone was at 1 point in the whole game. They also disabled the demographics screen, which is a cheap way to spy on others.

Here is the link to that mod:
            http://forums.civfanatics.com/attach...3&d=1256725373

about the full mod:

Set all scores to 1. (Receive +1 for researching all techs)
            Removes the global demographics screen.
            Removes all 5 barbarian uprising events (Huns, Vandals, Goths, Philistenes, Vedic Aryans).
            Restricts list of techs popped from goody huts to first 2 columnns of the tech tree, minus the 2 religion techs (list of possible techs below).
            Customized deity level - AI bonuses are the same as for human players.
            Max research boost for 'known civs with tech' is increased from 30% to 100%.
            Fishing
            The Wheel
            Agriculture
            Hunting
            Mysticism
            Mining
            Sailing
            Pottery
            Animal Husbandry
            Archery
            Masonry

Usual installation instructions.
            Download the attached .zip file and extract the contents to your \Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods directory.
            When you're done you should see a NoScoreV2 folder in your Mods directory, and be able to load the NoScoreV2 mod from the Civ main menu.
            Note: if you see an Extract_contents_to_Mods_folder__NoScoreV2 mod listed in the menu instead, you need to move the NoScoreV2 folder out of that directory into your main Mods directory).

So no score, no main demographic screen (you wont know if you have the strongest military without having spy info on everyone etc)

"Max research boost for 'known civs with tech' is increased from 30% to 100%"

about this line: we get research bonus if we are researching a tech known by a civ we had met. This increase the bonus (100% means that if you had met all the players and all knows the tech you are researching you get +100% bonus) This helps the less advanced civs close the gap.
            The point of going with no score is so we value the score we get from voting instead of the in-game score. But since this is a diplo-light game without voting, there seems to be little need for it in this game. Though I'd definitely like to see it used for the next full diplogame.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• works for me :-)

Comment

• No score would be good, beacuse while I agree Ozzy its particluarly important when there is voting, it would also stop diplomacy being dominated by people thinking 'he's a large power', 'they're in the lead' etc., and it would test it out for a larger game. But I'm jonny come lately in this game, and after the portugal business, and this being in the pipeline for months, I can understand people wanting to get on.

Comment

• Test game is working fine..
                  Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• what is the version of the mod? (if I can log into the test game I have the right one?)

also, though I don't mind Egypt, a swap is not impossible if someone offers me something interesting

Comment

• At least everyone has checked in. Are we waiting till next Friday to start? Or can you get someone to play the first few turns for you Greece?

Comment

• Seems like Greece can play on Monday. Let's wait for that.
                        If he can't play then I'll ask deity to sub till Greece is back.

Regarding mods: let us not delay this game any longer.
                        I agree that we should try it for the next full-diplo game.

I'd love it to get a mod then that also:
                        - improves vassalage; 'voluntary' vassalage should be breakable by both parties, capitulation should last 50 turns and then be renewed by 25 turns every time.
                        - the UN should not have civic resolutions, something as well with the possibility to ignore a resolution and get a penalty for that. (including UN weapon inspector units )
                        - everybody should be a candidate for UN secretary general, 2 civs that get most votes go into a 2nd round
                        - many edits to espionage

Anybody has a good suggestion for mods like that?
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            Seems like Greece can play on Monday. Let's wait for that.
                            If he can't play then I'll ask deity to sub till Greece is back.

Regarding mods: let us not delay this game any longer.
                            I agree that we should try it for the next full-diplo game.

I'd love it to get a mod then that also:
                            - improves vassalage; 'voluntary' vassalage should be breakable by both parties, capitulation should last 50 turns and then be renewed by 25 turns every time.
                            - the UN should not have civic resolutions, something as well with the possibility to ignore a resolution and get a penalty for that. (including UN weapon inspector units )
                            - everybody should be a candidate for UN secretary general, 2 civs that get most votes go into a 2nd round
                            - many edits to espionage

Anybody has a good suggestion for mods like that?
                            I agree that some mods like this would be good for another full diplo game. Can we also consider something like this mod by Afforess:
                            http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9430951

New Trades:
                            • Embassies
                              • Embassies are a vital agreement that must be made before Open Borders or any form of alliance can be made with any other civilizations.

• Right of Passage
                              • Rights of Passage are a limited form of Open Borders. They only allow non-combatants and trade through the borders.

• Contact
                              • Players can sell contact with other civilizations, if they have not met the third party.

• Trading Workers
                              • Players can buy and sell workers on the market.

• Trading Military Units
                              • Siege machinery can be bought and sold to other players.

• Trading Corporation HQ's
                              • Players can sell and buy the headquarter of corporations.

Seems really good for diplogames.

Comment

• I like all that stuff.

Comment

• Greece got a sub for the coming week... So you all better be prepared!!! Greek workers will be striking A.S.A.P. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X