Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Browse The Ancient Mediterranean mod for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword files to download full releases, installer, sdk, patches, mods, demos, and media.

Due to location, I can have some very odd internet issues with certain sites, etc, so I don't know if it's just me or if I just need to wait a few days or what.

Comment

• These are the special resources in TAM. Some of the resources you mentioned are not in TAM.

This link works:
        This is version 0.91 of The Ancient Mediterranean MOD for Civilization IV Beyond the Sword. Read below the fold for all information about this version.
        Last edited by Calanthian; April 8, 2011, 11:44.

Comment

• does this mod change anything else than resource appearances?
          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

• No. Except for 2-3 new civs.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Hey, are we starting any soon? How the map making goes?

And which are the new civs?
              http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• What needs to be done?
                Will anybody host the game, or am I expected to host it?

Please give me instructions, I'm a bit detached, but will just follow the guidlines
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• You started the game.

And thusfar no one else seems able to host.

Plus you are a way awesomer host than anyone else.

Comment

• Map is getting there. Putting the finishing touches on it. The mod component, including civs will be a couple more days perhaps.

Comment

• Ok, things are moving forward with the map/mod! EDIT: found a good Bulgarian civ!

Portugal
                      Spain
                      France
                      Rome
                      Hungary
                      Russia
                      Bulgaria
                      Greece
                      Ottomans
                      Persia
                      Egypt
                      Carthage

For Hungary I am using this civ: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143879

The UB is a castle replacement with a hodge-podge of small extras added to it. Overall it seems fairly weak, but should be fine.

The UU is a Hussar which I want to run by you guys first. It is a Cavalry replacement that starts with the Commando promotion. The only other stock cavalry UU is the Russian Cossak with a 50% bonus vs. mounted units, so that's pretty powerful too. With a generally weak UB, maybe this UU will be fine. Is Commando more powerful than the +50% vs. mounted? What do people think?
                      Last edited by OzzyKP; April 13, 2011, 09:53.

Comment

• Actually I just noticed the best benefit of the Hungarian Vegvar UB, it doesn't obsolete with economics. I think it is still balanced, but it may not be weak afterall.

Compared to the default castle the Hungarian UB has 2 extra culture, a 5% boost to science, +1 happy from wine, an extra 10% defense, -30% damage to defenses from bombardment (instead of -25%), don't require walls and it actually costs 120 hammers instead of 100. All together these are pretty minor changes, but isn't so bad when you consider these bonuses don't expire. Though of course gunpowder units should still circumvent the defensive bonus.

Comment

• Honestly, those both seem unbalanced and overly strong to me. The castle replacement is fairly overpowered versus typical UBs that change one thing, maybe 2 slightly.

Commando cavalry are ridiculous UUs. I would take one of those in a heartbeat over any other.

If anyone has a peas/beans resource we can use, it would be much appreciated. That's the real other hold-up, other than final map tweaks.

Comment

• I think the UB is quite balanced. 2 extra culture for a late, non-essential building isn't that great. 5% science is nice, but a fairly small bonus as well. +1 happy from wine... eh, another small bonus. And the extra defense generally won't amount to much either. Plus this is offset by a 20% boost in the cost.

As for the UU... yea. Some suggestions:

1. +25% vs. gunpowder & +25% vs. mounted (the Janissary approach)
                            2. 1 first strike, immunity to first strikes, and drill I and II (the oromo warrior approach)
                            3. +3 strength (the cataphract approach)
                            4. 2 first strikes, ignores terrain movement costs, +10% retreat rate (the keshik/hodge podge approach)
                            5. +20% retreat rate, -20 hammers to build (light cavalry approach)
                            6. Starts with sentry, only requires rifling, not military tradition to build. (Ozzy getting sleepy and grasping at straws approach)

I suggest just using that potato art. Isn't isn't ideal, but we don't have any other good options..
                            Last edited by OzzyKP; April 13, 2011, 09:38.

Comment

• I am strongly against using this civ. I share Inca's objections..

I propose we put Holy Rome in that place, and just rename it Hungary.
                              also interesting: the landsknecht versus the cavalry from the east..
                              Last edited by Calanthian; April 13, 2011, 01:00.

Comment

• Furthermore I would remove Portugal and put in a Moroccan / Mauretan player (use Arabs for it).

* Otherwise Carthage will be in a killer position: in middle map, no neighbour to west
                                * While Spain and Portugal have very little room to expand.

Comment

Working...
                                X