Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
    Yes, after doing the math, I agree that even 100x50 Med map will be ok for 12 players, but I see there are 14 spaces left for players. Maybe it is good idea this 30 hours deadline to everione confirm if they play or not.

I was just scared by what land problems those nations in t1 and t2 have in the DoE and thats why I looked with greedy eyes.
    Civs will be much more spaced out in this game. The trouble with the world map is that with 18 players you either have to put civs in Alaska, Australia and Brazil or you have to clump people up in Europe. We decided to clump, and I think it has worked out marvelously! But for a Med map, which is based where all the civs are anyhow, there should be good spacing. I think we can accommodate any number of civs. Since Inca are waiting to finish cutting the map down until we know how many players there are, 100x50 isn't the final size. It may be a bit bigger if we have 14+ players.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• 1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

2. DNK - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?

3. PMBMaker - No to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?

4. Calanthian - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, Yes to Extended Setup.

5. LzPrst - Abstain on all votes, I'll play regardless

6. Robert - No to Custom civs, Custom resources, ? , No to extended Setup

7. dot80 - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, No to Extended Setup.

8. Deztro - Since this is my 1st Pitboss game I'm happy with whatever setting is preferred as long as you guys don't kick my noobie butt !

9. Tearend - ?, ? , ? , ?

10. Toni - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Abstain , Abstain

11. 2metraninja - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)

12.dick76 - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)

13. deity - Yes, Yes, either way, either way

"Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Can I get the final status on Tearend before starting this map, please?

Comment

• Okay, given that all of tearend's posts appear to have been deleted or something, I'm going to design the map for 12 players, with room for 2 more if need be.

Comment

• so is India T1?

Comment

• Teaarend is/was a spambot.
              I'll play no matter what.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• India was T3. The Americas were T4. Mali, Zulu, India, China, Mongolia, and Japan were T3. Ottomans, Russians, Arabs, Israelis were T2. Euros were T1. I think.

Comment

• Some slight corrections:

The 18 civs in DoE:

Tier 1:
                  ------------
                  England
                  Vikings
                  Germany (starts slightly to the east)
                  France
                  Ottomans
                  ------------

Tier 2:
                  ------------
                  Russia (starts slightly to the east)
                  Arabs
                  Egypt
                  Mali
                  Mongolia
                  ------------

Tier 3:
                  ------------
                  Zulu
                  China
                  India
                  Japan
                  ------------

Tier 4:
                  ------------
                  Native Americans
                  Inca
                  Aztecs
                  United States

Comment

• That miserable start Mali had was a T2 start?

Comment

• This was the idea - the higher the Tier, the harder the start. Also to group the players by their declared skills, so they to have to tackle neighbors of their cathegory.

Tiers are reffering to the supposed player strenght, and are in inverse proportion of how easy start they have.

And Mali are in such position compared to the other T2 nations, because their original player abandoned his nation in the most important early period of the game and it was quite long before this was notices and before he was replased. The same troubles had the Tier2 Mongolia - there was a substitute, then even he stopped playing, even divine and international intervention was needed to save their capitol from the barbarians and to give them some advantage after this.
                      Last edited by Russia (DoE); April 7, 2011, 09:12.

Comment

• Yes, I am aware as I subbed for Mali for a bit. I guess it makes sense, now that I recall it right.

Comment

• same thing happened for India... and funnily China and Arabs with a single city were able to completely contain India. stupid himalayas...

Comment

• Well, at least you don't have to worry about those Mongolians because of the Hims... I hear they can be a rather big thorn in one's side.

Comment

• Ok, I just sent another PM out to the last four people we are waiting to hear from. But I am going to tweak the map assuming they aren't in the game and this is our final roster:

1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup
                              2. DNK - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?
                              3. PMBMaker - No to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?
                              4. Calanthian - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, Yes to Extended Setup.
                              5. LzPrst - Abstain on all votes, I'll play regardless
                              6. Robert - No to Custom civs, Custom resources, ? , No to extended Setup
                              7. dot80 - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, No to Extended Setup.
                              8. Deztro - Since this is my 1st Pitboss game I'm happy with whatever setting is preferred as long as you guys don't kick my noobie butt !
                              9. deity - Yes, Yes, either way, either way
                              10. Toni - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Abstain , Abstain
                              11. 2metraninja - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)
                              12.dick76 - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I am having troubles downloading the TAM mod for resource artwork. Can anyone extract the images/etc for cotton, olives, barley, coffee, and peas/beans and send it to me? The download link on their site hasn't been working for some time now

Comment

Working...
                                X