Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calanthian View Post
    I can vouch for Deztro. He is a experienced, prompt and dedicated player.
    (diplomacy is well developed, his storytelling could improve )
    Thnx Cal.
    What's wrong with my storytelling ? I rather communicate in a abbreviations instead of long winding stories so STFU

Comment

• 1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

2. DNK - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?

3. PMBMaker - No to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, ? , ?

4. Calanthian - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, Yes to Extended Setup.

5. LzPrst - Abstain on all votes, I'll play regardless

6. Robert - No to Custom civs, Custom resources, ? , No to extended Setup

7. dot80 - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, No to Extended Setup.

8. Deztro - Since this is my 1st Pitboss game I'm happy with whatever setting is preferred as long as you guys don't kick my noobie butt !

9. Tearend - ?, ? , ? , ?

Comment

• 1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

4. Calanthian - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, Yes to Extended Setup.

7. dot80 - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread, No to Extended Setup.

8. Deztro - Since this is my 1st Pitboss game I'm happy with whatever setting is preferred as long as you guys don't kick my noobie butt !

10. Toni - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Abstain , Abstain

Comment

• Maybe Tearend isn't the one for this game. He has been making the same post multiple times on the forum.
          That's not really showing commitment..

Maybe Tearend, you're around to make us believe otherwise..?

Comment

• Maybe Tearend is just one of those smart bots, who takes words from the environment and makes posts?

Anyway, here is my vote:

1. OzzyKP - Yes to Custom Civs - Yes to Custom Resources, Yes to Resource Spread , Abstain on Extended Setup

11. 2metraninja - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)

Last edited by 2metraninja; April 5, 2011, 04:16. Reason: I found what the Extended setup includes
            http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• I'd like to have a final roster soon so I can get a final copy to Ozzy so he can make a final copy for the game. Without knowing the total number of players, it is hard to make a solid final draft, you know? It can take a lot of time to balance all the starts and territories, and if I have to reconfigure it all at the last second, it's almost starting over from scratch, so if you're interested and haven't posted yet, now would be a good time

The map has been shrunken a bit, as apparently I made it a wee bit too large at 120x64 I think the final will be around 100x50 or less.

I'm not sure if we'll release a final copy for everyone to see (including myself), but I'll post the real/other maps I used to inspire this one so people have a so-so idea of what to expect. I'm leaving the decision to release the final map to Ozzy, as he's the veteran maker and member and all that

The mod will be clientside, and as such will be a bit later. For now, we are noting that:
              Corn -> Barley
              Sugar -> Coffee
              Banana -> Olives
              Rice -> Peas/beans
              Silk -> Cotton

So, use your imaginations if we don't get a resource mod put in place!

Comment

• I would suggest you make the map really big - 120x64 sounds good to me. This will give all the people some space to expand, even the supposed lesser players will have decent sized kingdoms, before all the available land is taken.

I will try to make some math approach to the case:

If it going to be a Mediterranean, the half of it is going to be sea. I guess that 8-10 cities is reasonable civ size to aim for. If those 12-14 players have to have 8-10 cities each, with some 1/3 overlapping tiles thats 1440 to 2100 tiles. + 1/4 unuseable tiles - ice, tundra, mountains, deserts, etc, thats 1800 to 2625 land tiles needed. When the half of the map will be the sea, thats 3600 to 5250 tiles for the whole map. 100x50 is 5000 tiles and 120x64 equals 7680 tiles. Maybe somewhere between those two numbers lies the truth

Comment

• Well, about half was sea and marginal terrain, yes. It is Ozzy's call, I didn't mean to turn it into a debate. Perhaps it sounds smaller than it is. I agreed with him. It is 7500+ tiles at that size.

It was quite large.

At 12 tiles per city (land tiles, there will be plenty of coastal cities) on average, and 10 cities on average per civ, that's 120 tiles per civ, times 12 civs is 1400 tiles x 2.5 for marginal terrain and ocean is 3500 tiles. 100x50 will be quite adequate. We could cut that map in half and still have enough to go around, certainly by T1-2 standards in DoE.

If anyone wants a builder's paradise Europe map for SP, I might release it maybe a month or two into the game (a modified version, of course) for 18+ civs.

I'm going to give it about 30 hours before making a final draft for Ozzy. Is tearend playing or not?

Comment

• Yes, after doing the math, I agree that even 100x50 Med map will be ok for 12 players, but I see there are 14 spaces left for players. Maybe it is good idea this 30 hours deadline to everione confirm if they play or not.

I was just scared by what land problems those nations in t1 and t2 have in the DoE and thats why I looked with greedy eyes.

Comment

• double post
                      Last edited by 2metraninja; April 5, 2011, 04:35. Reason: double post

Comment

11. 2metraninja - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)

12.dick76 - Yes to custom civs, abstain on custom resources, yes to resources spread, YES to Extended Setup (advanced start)

Comment

• Inca,

thanks for your hard work so far!

Comment

• No prob I'm honored to be so integral to the game and to help make a custom map for everyone.

2metra, it's funny because being a T4 civ with an entire continent, I thought the original quite fine, while Ozzy, being T1 in Europe was the one who brought to my attention that giving everyone a few screen-sized parcels of land is a bit much. Of course, I also think putting 4 cities on a small island is silly, but that's why I'm a T4 player, eh? heheh

Comment

• T4? what does this mean?

Comment

• Tier 4, i.e. the civs in Destiny of Empires who started in the Americas and had much more space than the Tier1 civs who started in Europe.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X