No announcement yet.

Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest I expected that you would surrender after our strike.. it caused so much damage that could not be compensated-at least that's my opinion. And it was not even over. Since I haven't seen any portugal fleet I have to assume that my fleet is the strongest and most of my missile cruisers are loaded with missiles. Before CDE operation I've loaded about 60 missiles, and before we took this pause about 40 of those missiles were ready to hit Citorio, Carthage's production city. I had 4-5 loaded (with elite troops) tranports in range and Citorio had like 6 defenders, it did not have any chance to survive.
    True. I was stretching my troops for countless turns in a row. And we passed the breaking point now, I'm afraid
    I could have hurt your invasion fleet, but that would have cost me my own fleet..

I knew this was coming, even though I managed to kill most commandos, but they had served their purpose already ( )
    But still I would have played on, if Tony would have stayed around. Just to struggle on to give him a chance.

But as he didn't show again, then there is no point in going on..

As said before, in another game I would gladly ally with any of you..

My hat's off to you !
    Last edited by Calanthian; June 4, 2012, 11:30.

Comment

• game could come into legends, but now will be only in history books because we stopped just before the final battle. I personally regret that fought so long with Hungary / Robert because it did not allow me to grow a lot, but hopefully in the next game I should be performing better. When you plan to start a new game and I like to invite other players.

Comment

• I do not want to wave the white flag. But if our team give up the fight exactly this occurs. So if Calantian and Tony give me their passwords, I'm ready to play for them and to fight Eastern Coalition (except that someone has seen "bad" to give up fight

Comment

• We can still continue, if someone subs for Portugal.

thanks all for playing!
          Great spirit, everybody who was losing, continued to play! That's the right spirit, and it's so much more fun to play that way!
          We can play this map again, but I'd prefer a new one, but this one was REALLY great!

Thanks to the map builders!
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Great game to observe guys! Sorry I couldn't join (again... I already got elimminated as a sub for France). There is space in DoB as well as DoE2 for any of you up for more diplogaming

Comment

• BTW I already told 2metra that I could sub in this one if it lasted until August (when my RL gets a little less busy) but it looks like its over, alas.

Comment

• I just can not be satisfied that we (Rome, Carthage and Portugal) have a huge army and navy, and do not want to use them for me when the war ended my army and destroy my city is in flames. Before this happens I see no reason to stop playing, but anyway I also think that the new card will be better (or old to change a little because it was very nice)

Comment

• Hey, Sommers! If you are able to play till August, then it must be OK - those are some 40-50 more turns and I think there will be a decisive winner till then - either being Westerners or Easterners. Tony dont want to play on, but if Sommers take Portugal, Cal plays his mighty Carthago and Dick plays Rome, then we in the East are ready to start playing!

What you say guys? I am totally up to it and will be pity second game in a row to be abandoned right when the bulk of modern armies stand aligned against each-other, ready for epic scale clash. Its just a game, play it. When you will have the next such chance to try modern combat in Civ and learn from it?

On more personal note, I am starting churning out Battleships and Tanks from the next turn and see them in some action
                  http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• No no, I mean I can play this one starting in August, not until August. For June and July I am too busy for adding new games.

Comment

• Darn

DNK? Are you up for this? (and to reveal a bit more about 180 degrees affair )

Comment

• Well, I'm about to enter a hectic period at work and the MTDG is starting soon also, so I don't know if I'll have the time to dedicate myself to this if you want me to take over a major power. As Persia, yeah, okay, I can play.

Comment

• Hey, Robert! Can we have the save from this game and the admin password if the players still alive are not willing to give away their current passwords? We want to fight this war till complete victory with Dick76. If we have the passwords from you, Mz and Cal, we can play it quite fast - 4-5 turns each night and complete the war.

Comment

• And I join the application of 2 metra ... it is a way to continue the game.

Comment

• Well, I can just start it again, I'd love it to continue myself as well, we can put it on a quick pace, 10 hours per turn?
                              Of course you can also have the password: 'foes' and just use it on your own saves. If you don't have any I'll upload one later (I'm at work now).

I'm also working on a new game. Concept title: "Delusion of Grace"*
                              I'm thinking about a map that resembles the "DoF" one, but then a fantasy map, lots of waters, land around a big internal sea, but the sea should not be 'round' but have all kinds of canals into all directions.

*I want to continue the D o _ patern, where the first word always starts with 'D', then an 'o' follows, the 3rd letter is the sequential letter of the game. That way it's easier to remember the order of the games.

[pilot game: Beyond the Pit]
                              1. Dance of Civilizations
                              2. Doom of the Diplomats
                              3. Destiny of Empires
                              4. Destruction of Foes
                              5. Destiny of Empires 2 <== follows OzzyKP's beloved 'number the games' order
                              6. Domination of Barbarians <== does a good job at filling the b-gap b/c we never had a DoB game
                              7. Delusion of Grace

We could also 'fill' the 'a' gap and name it something like:
                              Demise of All
                              Dismission of all Alliances
                              Defeat of the Ashes
                              Dawn of the Axis
                              etc.

Other 'G' names could be:
                              Demise of Grace
                              Dismission of Glory / Grace
                              Defeat of the Glorious
                              Dawn of Gorgoroth
                              Deathmarch of the Gigantics
                              etc.

This name also tries to show that it's another type of the 'light' games in which we are only after eachothers troaths.
                              Last edited by Robert; June 15, 2012, 04:29.
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Derivation of Gastronomy
                                I like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X