Destruction of Foes (DoF) - Diplogame Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And on the fleet coming down two tiles:

* I decided these 5 ships in the fort, combined with some subs, missiles and my vast air force should be enough to deal with an invasion fleet.
    * especially since putting the fleet two tiles south, within range of about 10 missiles cruisers and a couple of stealth bombers was just not an option IMO, as damaging the fleet severely would also have meant trouble for me
    Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Bulgaria believes we just got our production even, I think it was quite close beofre CDE.
      True. Bulgaria forgets your slaving / drafting abilities.

so many of my cities were constantly building them. I hadn't build many ground units and almost completely stopped producing them in the last 10 turns.
      Yes, and we didn't have that luxury, as a new ground army had to be built up, while mechs had to be researched..
      Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• Drafting and slaving is not endless. Egypt makes less food per city than you make hammers per city from corporations and to maximize them he needs to keep its cities size 5 which gives them many disadvantages. Not to mention slavery/drafting anger stacks.

Portugal solely can outproduce in hammers and out-generate more money than Egypt is what I truly believe. Had no time to watch how the new graphs and demographics look, but I can bet that our combined money in GPT and production in hammers are quite comparable at the moment alliance vs alliance based. Our military strength is nearly the same too.

The worst thing you lost hope for winning after so many disappointing losses lately

Comment

• Normally slaving/drafting reaches its limit quite soon, but my cities/wonders are really set for long term slaving. For some time I have to spend 10% luxury to keep even my 4-6 pop cities happy. they have about 22-23 unhappyness due to slaving-but 10% more luxury would give 4 happy face and I could go up to 100%. Small cities and spneding money on luxury makes my GNP low, but my production is quite good.

Comment

• Ah, x-posted with Egypt.

Sleep tonight with the things and think again tomorrow about plans/ways to get out of this morale hole you are in now. Giving up is the easiest thing. You can do it at any time anyway

Comment

• It was fun to suddenly get my demographics showing me that Hungary is 3rd in production and food 8)
              I guess Egypt and Portugal are 1st and 2nd now.

I can imagine that things look bad now, but it's true that we haven't lost the war yet.
              Keep in mind that numbers don't win the war, it's tactical movement and good ideas. What we did in Carthage wasn't a result of pure muskles at all.

We are not able at all to cross the Roman borders (@Portugal: I'm not crazy, the army that crosses that borders loses, ask Rome, he lost 4 wars against me b/c he moved into my territory and had his army slaughtered. thanks for the xps though!).
              And that pass is where the real battle will happen.

And what happens in the Adriatic, in the air and on the ground will decide it.
              Destroying Carthage is an important blow, but it certainly doesn't mean the end of the war.

Perhaps Carthage should now support Portugal to try to win the game instead of the other way around. Just thinking out loud about stuff I should not get myself into b/c it's none of my matters

But starting a new game (we start a new one, right?) will for obvious reasons not be too bad either, I learned a lot
              Next game I do not wanna be a pawn! (so Rome: next game don't invade me 4 times please!)

Comment

• Oh, yes, and next time Rome if it happens to ask you to sub for me again, please dont miss 30 turns in the most important initial landgrab phase, so I need to fight 4 nations in the next 5700 years to get what I believe is rightfully mine!

Comment

• It was fun to suddenly get my demographics showing me that Hungary is 3rd in production and food
                  It will be interesting to see the demographics too, but I consider it to be some kind of glitch. Even now I believe Carthage have way more production than Hungary. I have some 1000+ hammers a turn too. Not to mention Portugal. Not sure about Egypt though.

Comment

• Perhaps Carthage should now support Portugal to try to win the game instead of the other way around. Just thinking out loud about stuff I should not get myself into b/c it's none of my matters
                    Very good observation btw. If some nations can have great fun while following lead and not aiming to win the game, why not all players be like this? It must be way interesting to step back and give the leader position in the West to Portugal!

Comment

• A. I promise the next game can not attack the Hungarian more than twice
                      2. I have not lost faith in victory. Rome will fight to a victorious end (hopefully to our victorious end
                      3. I Pause the game at the request of Carthage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulgaria (DoF) View Post
                        LOL I think you should knew this from your own experience till now. [/joking]
                        Clearly, I'm a bit slow to learn this lesson

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                          Clearly, I'm a bit slow to learn this lesson
                          I sometimes wonder what if I had more time back then and we had fought this between-allies nuclear war in DoE. Can a pitboss game be converted in a PBEM one and we play it at relaxed pace?

Comment

• Oh, that's who you are. Things make more sense now.

Comment

• Is this one over or are you guys still fighting? I was France fir a while and asked to join Carthage when Portugal attacked me. I didn't even want any cities returned, and would've happily become a pawn of his alliance. Sadly I was refused and destroyed by Portugal. I wonder how things may have been different if i had joined the Carthage bloc?

Also, if this one is over and any of you guys are still in spirits to play some more, I think Ozzy's DoE II game needs a player. DoB needs a sub too if anyone is interested.

Comment

• It's not over, it's on pause.
                                Carthage & co is, as far as I know, deciding if they will surrender or not.

If this game is over I intend to start a simular diplogame light game again.
                                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
                                X