Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I feel sorry for the Romans and the Portuguese and the Carthagians

Comment

• I can salute them with a song in which is sung what comes to my mind right now -

The party is over.

Comment

• How many @#$$ railroads were you able to build to get these troops together??

Yes I think all is collapsing...

But let's wait for the complete assessment of damages done.
        Trade is the name of the game..

Comment

• I can tell you both answers, but more interesting is the second one. 85+ on your side

Comment

• Originally posted by Carthage (DoF) View Post
            How many @#$$ railroads were you able to build to get these troops together??

Yes I think all is collapsing...

But let's wait for the complete assessment of damages done.
            Oh no, despite that I had this momemt of utter joy, nothing has unfortunately collapsed at all.
            It's just that you lost the first gigantic battle. But if you take in mind that half of Hungary has been invaded and a quarter of my cities has been razed..... and now we are here, then all we can know for sure is: this war is gonna last a long time. It's absolutely not over yet.

I had 5 groups of 3 workers ready on the seaside. I even misplaced one of them, but needed only 4 in the east. Egypt was able to RR that hill East of Pecs. Then I could use workers from the north-east of Hungary to connect Egypts RR to the Pecs infrastructure. An odd 2x 3 workers in the north-east then finished the RR from Sopron to the seaside. After RR all that all our units from Sopron could move to Pecs, and all our units we gathered from the south.. So in fact all our units could strike against your stack. Having 17 cannons helped a lot. I lost 6 units (not counting the cannons) and won 44 battles. I couldn't even dream of such a good outcome.

The worst was this guilty voice in my head while doing it: "No Geza, you're not supposed to do this, it's not fair. You have this non aggression pact with them and now you slaughter them like bugs!"

Comment

• Yes all these workers won this battle for sure..
              Well played.

Comment

• Thanks!
                Had you not spotted these workers? And why did you move the stack 1S1E of Pecs and did you not leave them inside the city?

Comment

• why did you move the stack 1S1E of Pecs and did you not leave them inside the city?
                  Overconfidence is always bad adviser. I think they were going after us to give us decisive battle believing they can easily crush us. Well, the history said other thing.

Comment

• * Apparantly we have not spotted all workers.

* The main stack was protecting a bunch of Roman stragglers
                    (which were caught last turn by the sudden rise of the culture around Pozsony).

It sure wasn't overconfidence..
                    Overconfidence is always bad adviser. I think they were going after us to give us decisive battle believing they can easily crush us.
                    We knew we had hard times ahead, and we knew we had to hold both Debrecen and Pecs, or otherwise we would have lost the opportunity to do the hard needed upgrades.

If that unexpected railroad quantity wouldn't have been finished, we would have been fine.. ;(

But, as said, well deserved..

Comment

• So I did loss my stack to protect some roman units! Go figure

Comment

• We knew we had hard times ahead, and we knew we had to hold both Debrecen and Pecs, or otherwise we would have lost the opportunity to do the hard needed upgrades.
                        Very true. We were going after Pecs anyway just for that sole reason - to eliminate your upgrade base.
                        So I did loss my stack to protect some roman units! Go figure
                        Not exactly, we had a shot at your combined SOD last turn too, but Hungary stopped me then, saying we will have the opportunity again, while I was afraid you will pull back your armies and hide. But here or there, your whole army was just sitting big duck. In Pecz, in the open or in Debrecen, we had the workers to RR all the way and hit you everywhere in Hungary. Almost all the Bulgarian, Turkish, Russian and Greek workers were there to pave the road to victory along their Hungarian comrades. And we almost failed in this by misplaced 3 workers, but it turned out we had some in reserve and the deed was done. The luck was also on our side. we hardly lost 7-8 units except the cannons.

But this is the fate which overtakes all the God-damned NAP breakers and those who side with them

Comment

• The Evil Alliance paves it's road to victory over the back of it's workers.

We are going to assess the situation this evening, and see if we can come up with a new defensive strategy. All be it that the situation looks quite dire..

Comment

• Welcome Portugal! on board of the place of war propaganda and fun!

I salute the both of you for accepting this lost battle that kindly. I feared we might need some cold turkey time, but fortunately the both of you appear to be very good gamers. I already knew that of course, but one can never know.

Bulgaria is now speaking big words about the 3 misplaced workers, but during the game he was never aware of that b/c I told him after the workers already succeeded
                            And the fact that I knew that I had 1 spare set made me a bit less accurate. That's what always happens when you're positive and optimistic.

I enjoy this game very much and especially this war.
                            It's absolutely a game of chess. I enjoyed it even when half my cities were occupied or burning. It's just so much fun to plot with Egypt and Bulgaria in the game against you.

Bulgaria is a walking encyclopedia, I mean civilopedia. He literally knows everything about civ4. So any question about game mechanics I raise is immediately answered correctly by him. He knows exactly how the game works.

Egypt is very wise and his judgements about plans and ideas is very good and accurate. He has a very good overview on the game and knows what's going on.

I'm myself more of the plan guy, I come up with plans and ideas, then Bulgaria tells what's possible or not and then Egypt says if it's going to work or not. Egypt and Bulgaria then deliver the force of armies we need. And then we strike.

Of course it's not as narrow as described above, but I get the idea that's how it works and how we combined are waging this war like a war machine this game. It just feels like we are a perfect team together that can pull everything out of this war. That gives a very confidential feeling. I've never felt a team as much as now. That's great.

I wonder where it will bring us.

Comment

• The Evil Alliance paves it's road to victory over the back of it's workers.
                              Ah, no-no - we already came to agreement who are the good and valorous and who are the condemned bad-bad-NAP-breakers in this situation Lets not confuse things

About workers, yes, I came later after you 2 in the game, so I did not had the time to count workers, but I was surprised why we did not destroyed from the very beginning the Roman 3-unit stack who stayed on our path and it took us 1 or 2 tiles more to RR. Do you speak about this mistake or there was another? After all - all is good when it ends good For us at least

Yeah, teamwork is great. There is a synergy between us and all this planning and plotting and all the jokes and fun chat which goes along with it is great! .

Last night we had some technical problems - we could not connect with Egypt and I went all the way to changing IPs and redirecting ports in the router to get this fixed.

The game continues. Lets see if the westerners can take on their feet and form a guard again in time after this heavy uppercut knockdown.

Comment

• I am happy that you guys find the time to get together and play your turns. Unlike you I just can't do that, RL forbids it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X