Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    In the diplogame, History of the World 2, there was an Israel civ. Of course that was back in Civ2 when civs were generic.
    Yeah, and it was hard to tell them apart in their black and white wrappers...

Comment

Do we vote at the end of this month or not? Best to decide before we hit the month end.

I suggest not, because:

1. We only started half way through the month.
      2. Our voting criteria are quite demanding - particularly role playing - we need some time to have a chance to develop national personalities.
      3. When you look at the story thread, there is some great stuff, but unsurprisingly its pretty limited and some haven't posted at all or anything more than a first hello.
      4. When we discussed the tiers the point was made that some nations will start with more immediate neighbours that others, and thus it might be hard initially for the tier 3/4 nations to engage in as much interaction as those in europe; in response it was suggested that we could not vote in the first month.

Against, of course, is the fact that some have put work into storying the last two weeks, perhaps thinking that there would be a first half-month vote although of course their work will be included in the next vote.

Those are my thoughts. Best we have a clear decision soon though.

Comment

I have no clue how to vote on roleplaying this early into the game. Agreed.

Also agree that the story thread needs more.

I don't know, the T4 players at least have been pretty active in creative terms. At least in the metric they should score pretty highly this round, I think.

But since I don't think we should vote on roleplaying, then voting in general should be held off.

Comment

I named the story thread "September/October" for the reasons The Priest named.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Ok, a vote at the end of October is a good idea.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

'Tis best. I have only been able to make one fairly meaningless post as there's not a lot to be said about uninhabited jungles and the odd lion or two.
              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
              - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                'Tis best. I have only been able to make one fairly meaningless post as there's not a lot to be said about uninhabited jungles and the odd lion or two.
                You have, of course, if we consider you to be honest, just revealed something about your location.

Comment

Considering St Jon to be honest would be a grave mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Priest View Post
                    Considering St Jon to be honest would be a grave mistake.
                    You do me a grave injustice sir, I demand pistols at dawn!
                    - Anon

Comment

Are you sure it isn't more of an acute injustice? Or should he have been more circumflex about it all??

Comment

Originally posted by Native America (DoE) View Post
                        Are you sure it isn't more of an acute injustice? Or should he have been more circumflex about it all??
                        You sir impugn my honour, I demand to exchange semantics at dawn!
                        - Anon

Comment

I myself have b/c of the entire Civilization V and Apolyton thing also not been able to post more then 2 story posts. I'm sorry, it's against everything I am to post that little.....
                          Things should improve in a couple of weeks!

Comment

The Mali aren't playing their turns. Since September 19th no Mali move has been made. That can't be good.
                            Can anybody tmp-sub for the Mali? Preferably a civ far away from Mali? (not Zulu, Egypt, Arabs, Ottomans, French, Germans)

I'll see if I can get hold of them.

Comment

I will probably be one of the last people to meet the Mali. I can do it for now.

Comment

Yeah, the same goes for me, so Inca, if you for some reason can't do a few Mali turns because of whatever, then you know where to find me
                                So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
                                X