No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will be away for close to 48 hours, so may miss several turns, no barbs are visible moving towards cities just at present so hopefully all will be ok. Germany can check if they wish, the pw has not changed from before.

Comment

• I am back into action again, thanks to the sub

Comment

• Results Month 01
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Comments Month 02

Commenter 1:
          Arabia: Good posts, I hope you get the game install figured out! We need you back!

Egypt: Eh, had a down month.
          France: Great effort this month, very well done. Lots of great posts, lots of diplomacy, great work all around.

Germany: *grunt*

Inca: I love all the unique language stuff, keep it up! Hopefully I'll crack it one day!

Mali: Build more cities. And, like, post 'n stuff.

Zulu Good work getting involved in the war in the north.

Commenter 2
          Vikings: Good behind scenes, not so good posting
          Last edited by Robert; December 16, 2010, 06:33.

Comment

• Comments Month 01

Commenter 1
            America: Stick figures... cute

Aztecs: Enjoyed the varied graphics and intergration with the story

Egypt: Well written with appealing images. Ingame actions didn't seem to match story very well. Egypt and Ottomans are friends and then Jerluslim burns?

England: Interesting diplomacy

France: Interesting diplomacy

Germany: Farts and grunts, enough said

Inca: Good graphics and story

Japan: Three points role playing for getting China to accept Buddism

Natives: Nice volume of posts. An interesting read. Some graphics would help.

Ottomans: A severed head... classic. Ingame actions didn't seem to match story very well. Egypt and Ottomans are friends and then Jerluslim burns?

Russia: Nice work on the letter.

Commenter 2
            America: Love the graphics and humour!

Arabia: Like the stories, short and sweet, keep it up. Points for early invasion too, interesting.

Aztecs: I feel really bad giving you low points on Story Telling but it's only because I find your posts too long. This is really only a personal opinion though.

Egypt: Wow, stories a little long but major kudos for role playing.

England: Nice map, I like your story line, especially the river troll Tim!

France: Good story-telling, thumbs up.

Germany: Love the humour and full marks for role playing.

Mongolia: Like the role-playing.

Ottomans: Great stories.

Commenter 3
            Arabia: Good work founding Islam! Definitely role play that more for big points!

Egypt: Very well done all around! Building Jerusalem and founding Judaism there, wow, well done! And good work on the wonders, definitely in character.

France: Quite a shame the original player quit, he should have stuck it out. New guy picked it up just great! I hope he stays! Great stuff!!

Germany: Good work sticking with the neador idea. I am interested to see how this develops as time progresses. Good job being war-like too, fits the character!

Inca: Great stories, just too few. Post more this month!

Commenter 4
            Egypt: Great story line.

Ottomans: very good story line.

Russia: Loved the letter to Grunzen. Very well done.

Commenter 5
            Germany: grunt

Comment

• Congrats to the most acknowledged story tellers, absolutely fair scores.

The comments are very interesting too.
              http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• hey, some minor issues trying to get some technical stuff to work out. as a result it might take a few days for me to get logged in again. will do everything to be back in the game before the end of the week (just so you know I am not quitting)

also, I never got the password for the voting site...

Comment

• come to think of it, maybe you guys can help?

I have gone on vacation and thought I could easily copy the entire civ4 folder onto my laptop and it would work without fault. unfortunately that is not the case, I seem to be needing a .dll file related to direct x. (specifically d3dx9_33.dll)
                  my direct x version seems to be 9.0c (old laptop running xp)

any solutions?

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoE) View Post
                    hey, some minor issues trying to get some technical stuff to work out. as a result it might take a few days for me to get logged in again.
                    Abdullah issued the orders to his warchief..."Quick, move on Bombay!"

Comment

• Originally posted by India (DoE) View Post
                      come to think of it, maybe you guys can help?

I have gone on vacation and thought I could easily copy the entire civ4 folder onto my laptop and it would work without fault. unfortunately that is not the case, I seem to be needing a .dll file related to direct x. (specifically d3dx9_33.dll)
                      my direct x version seems to be 9.0c (old laptop running xp)

any solutions?
                      I think that you really need to install civ4 / civ4:bts and the patch.
                      Just copying will never work. There's also registry stuff, etc....

Comment

• then I have a slight problem, cause I did not bring the CD's...

Comment

• I'm glad people liked my stories! Thanks for the votes!

Comment

• Sorry I have not posted. Busy, stressed out, changing jobs, taking certification tests. Messing with getting civ to work has taken a backseat, although I may dedicate a few more hours this weekend. The thought of formatting my hard drive sickens me, as I just did it. I think my backup has the civ install.

Anyhow, just checking in.

Comment

• I think I am back, at least enough to play my turns. won't be fully active diplowise until the 28th though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia (DoE) View Post
                                Sorry I have not posted. Busy, stressed out, changing jobs, taking certification tests. Messing with getting civ to work has taken a backseat, although I may dedicate a few more hours this weekend. The thought of formatting my hard drive sickens me, as I just did it. I think my backup has the civ install.

Anyhow, just checking in.
                                Your civ is doing well. Growing nicely.

Wished you had voted as you said you would.

Comment

Working...
                                X