No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not think all have a reasonable chance here in this game, certainly Mongolia has terrible food resources, just 1 sheep square available on a plains hill, not enough to grow an empire, really the only real tactic available would be to chop some weapons from the forests and capture a better capital, but that would not go down well in this game and is against the spirit of it. So we will be left to sink I feel.

Comment

Little confused. i played my turn but playyourturn doesn't show I have.

Comment

Umm Whats the password to claim your civ on playyourturn?

Comment

I don't think there is a password on PYT to claim your civ.
          @Mongolia: maybe your capital has good other resources, yet undiscovered (horse, iron, bronze).
          Just PM Ozzy if you're really worried.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

@Mongolia: maybe your capital has good other resources, yet undiscovered (horse, iron, bronze).
            If these resources are there, still does not alter my argument that the only realistic way to make a go of this start is build units and take out a good capital or 2, which is unwanted in this game. Food resources are necessary in a game where we are expected to be at least semi-nice to each other.

Comment

Don't claim your civ on PYT = more chance you'll make anon mistake.

Best to do all diplomacy via our anon PM's.

Suggest.
              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Mongolia (DoE) View Post
                If these resources are there, still does not alter my argument that the only realistic way to make a go of this start is build units and take out a good capital or 2, which is unwanted in this game. Food resources are necessary in a game where we are expected to be at least semi-nice to each other.
                Suggestion. Go for Pottery and cottages asap.
                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Mine start is not great either, but I guess its part of the game. We are tier2 so we are supposed to be able to handle this.

Though all that brown land around me made me start dreaming of the juicy European tier1 starts.

Steppes without steppe warriors to sweep through and conquer the soft and gentle well-fed neighbors are no good

Comment

Nations of the Steppes - don't be fooled into thinking that that you need to be nice! The uber-builders would love you to rot while they accelarate away. Nothing in the rules about being nice, nor any ban on war. Yes some limits, but everyone says its meant to be about role-play - be a mongol to make our children frightened at night! (particluarly if you will kindly go in the direction I suggest).

Comment

Originally posted by Russia (DoE) View Post
                      Mine start is not great either, but I guess its part of the game. We are tier2 so we are supposed to be able to handle this.

Though all that brown land around me made me start dreaming of the juicy European tier1 starts.

Steppes without steppe warriors to sweep through and conquer the soft and gentle well-fed neighbors are no good
                      Damn! You looked at the map Mind you I guess it goes without saying...

Yes, follow Priest's advice and rot building up units
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Whoever said the Amazon should be made into plains should be taken out back...

Comment

Damn! You looked at the map Mind you I guess it goes without saying...

Yes, follow Priest's advice and rot building up units
                          I looked at the map off course - how am I supposed to play without looking at the monitor?
                          Now seriously - I am looking at where I can see in-game.

The richness that Europe lands holds is only an assumption, but If you are Tier1 player, your reaction proves me right

And everyone is free to advance in the way it think is most appropriate, if its not rule- breaking.
                          Last edited by Russia (DoE); September 19, 2010, 04:57.

Comment

I would love to know just what Europe does look like but given the sheer scale of the game I imagine that is well over a month away.

@Russia. If this map is consistent to 'real' Earth topography and climate as well as a geographic copy then your rich foods should come from the Ukraine. Added advantage there is you can kill a few nasty Tier 1 Turks whilst gaining the Slavic breadbasket.

@Robert/Ozzy. If what Inca says is true about the Amazon was this part of the map design to stop the game mechanics for global-warming going crazy very early on?
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by The Priest View Post
                              Nations of the Steppes - don't be fooled into thinking that that you need to be nice! The uber-builders would love you to rot while they accelarate away. Nothing in the rules about being nice, nor any ban on war. Yes some limits, but everyone says its meant to be about role-play - be a mongol to make our children frightened at night! (particluarly if you will kindly go in the direction I suggest).
                              Indeed, bring those Mongolian hordes to the west! Burn their houses!

Comment

Don't forget to sign your e-mail address up IN the GAME! You'll then get an e-mail everytime a new turn starts. In the first post it's explained how to do this! (scroll down in the first info-box)

Comment

Working...
                                X