X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, well, that takes care of the double move issue as well
    So I go, and do what I can ~ Dwight 'Diplo' Eisenhower

Comment

• So upon coming in to play my turn, it seems things were not where I left them... This time I logged in most recently is the first time I have played in the turn (as the English sub). I did not mean to double-move, but then I didn't think I had, because I personally have not. (England did not password their civ).

Sorry to break anonymity, but I think this is an open secret anyway at this point.

Actually, no, someone moved the naval units away from their destinations, and I demand a reload as it can make a rather large difference perhaps.

France can still move first, of course.

And, for the record, I do not personally condone what I have to do as England, so don't take my actions out on my actual nation, k...
      Last edited by Inca (DoE); October 3, 2011, 23:27.

Comment

• Umm, what happened with this automove/reload thing? I just got kicked out of the game.

Did it have something to do with France? He just left on vacation this morning. I was not asked to play his turns for him, but his sub may have played. If there was some type of different move that might be the reason why.

Comment

• I now have two people who claim to sub for England.
          Can you both please PM me and explain why you are the real england sub? Untill then I'll server-side pause the game.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
            I now have two people who claim to sub for England.
            Can you both please PM me and explain why you are the real england sub? Untill then I'll server-side pause the game.
            And someone please explain to me exactly what this double move, or whatever it was that caused the reload, is so I can tell France's likely sub that he needs to play again.

What is it with you guys and attacking France the minute he goes on vacation?

Comment

• Hey folks! I haven't seen what is happening in the game, I just got back to my computer now and read through a flurry of PMs.

As I understand it the proud nation of England faced a great threat to our security by our eternal enemies, the French & Vikings. I, Queen Victoria, have been away on holiday and have left all affairs of state to my Prime Minister, Winston Incaco Churchill. It seems our enemies began rapidly arming and building a massive fleet with which to threaten our homeland. Military advisors were warning of a return to the dark days of the Great War, a fate none of us could allow. It was established policy that this was to be avoided at all costs, so even though Prime Minister Churchill was also away, our generals got approval from my son, Edward VII (product of my union with the Russian royal house) who made a quick decision to attack and (hopefully) sink the French fleet. As it was uncertain whether the Prime Minister would be available in time to take action, they decided they could not wait.

I have now been brought up to speed by my son, our military leaders, and our allies and this action is in complete concordance with my wishes.

Comment

• The question is:
                Did England declare war on his first login? If so then it is a double move-->reload
                If they declared war on their second login, after France, then there is no need to keep the game paused.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arabia2 (doe) View Post
                  The question is:
                  Did England declare war on his first login? If so then it is a double move-->reload
                  If they declared war on their second login, after France, then there is no need to keep the game paused.
                  I played the current French turn and DA was already at war with France - showing the usual Cease Fire diplo screen which I cancelled. I thought this was some mistake or hangover from the old war so for the first time I investigated the French civ. played the turn. then re-offered the cease fire.

I have very little time to invest in the game and will not be able to replay the turn for 12 hours or so. I asked someone else if they could play it.

sry.
                  The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• I just had a quick look at my offline save of the France turn and the DA had declared war on France, cancelled trades and OB but NOT attacked any French units.

So the attack must have occured on the second login. I think the turn should be played over from before the French turn in the interests of fair play.
                    The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Originally posted by America (DoE) View Post
                      Okay, well, that takes care of the double move issue as well
                      Not exactly, But Yea anyway, for the record, I am not asking for a reload to undo America's turn order snafu, I was out of town and missing turns anyway so it wasn't like any great harm was going to come from something like that.

Originally posted by England (DoE) View Post
                      Hey folks! I haven't seen what is happening in the game, I just got back to my computer now and read through a flurry of PMs.

As I understand it the proud nation of England faced a great threat to our security by our eternal enemies, the French & Vikings. I, Queen Victoria, have been away on holiday and have left all affairs of state to my Prime Minister, Winston Incaco Churchill. It seems our enemies began rapidly arming and building a massive fleet with which to threaten our homeland. Military advisors were warning of a return to the dark days of the Great War, a fate none of us could allow. It was established policy that this was to be avoided at all costs, so even though Prime Minister Churchill was also away, our generals got approval from my son, Edward VII (product of my union with the Russian royal house) who made a quick decision to attack and (hopefully) sink the French fleet. As it was uncertain whether the Prime Minister would be available in time to take action, they decided they could not wait.

I have now been brought up to speed by my son, our military leaders, and our allies and this action is in complete concordance with my wishes.
                      IC alert GOTO -> Story Thread
                      Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• I was thinking if there could be a need for reload if there was no attack from England during the first login and my conclusion is that it's possible, though it has to be a special scenario. (like an English fleet surrounding or blockading the French so they can not escape).

If the English move during the first login had 0 effect on France's turn, then no need to reload, but why don't they learn to check pyt already and just don't do double moves because it always halts the game.
                        Last edited by Arabia2 (doe); October 4, 2011, 09:08.

Comment

• wait what?

So Ottomans are permsubbing for Zulu and Mali... while Inca is subbing for England, and Neandor for France and Russia for Inca and Vikings for Neandor and China for India and India for everyone else??? I have been fighting myself this whole time!!??!?

(this type of subbiness is very messy, subs should be publicly announced I feel)

Comment

• Inca is no longer subbing for England. England is away temporarily.

Comment

• You can reload from after France's move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inca (DoE) View Post
                                The emperor laughs out loud.
                                proof that Inca subs for Japan too!

Comment

Working...
                                X