No announcement yet.

Destiny of Empires [Diplo Game] [Organization Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game is down by the way. Maybe I'll get to miss my next turn too!

Please slow down the timer, and preferably go back a turn.

Comment

• Arabia: you did not miss any turn, I have been taking care of that.
      And please read this thread. My post exactly above your last one addresses all your issues.

The game has been paused for you, let me know when you're ready to play, I'll then start the game immediately.

Yesterday I asked you if a 14 hour window would be ok for you, then you said 'yes'.
      Now I understand you need 24 hours, that's fine. Just communicate that to me please, and please read my messages.
      If the game is down there's always an explanation from me in this thread! Just read my posts and all will be fine
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I think maybe it best to automatically go to a 24 hour timer when war breaks out. Pausing the game is less intuitive.

With so many time zones and many players queuing up 2 or 3 turns, we need a buffer for war times.
        The question of whether modern humans and Neanderthals mated when they encountered each other 40,000 years ago is highly controversial.

Comment

• Agreed.
          Now I need a confirmation from Arabia b/c there's only 6 minutes on the timer so I must be sure that I launch the game when he's ready to play.

Comment

• I"m going to sleep now.
            I'll check here again in 2.5 hours from now. That's +- the time Arabia was ready yesterday.

Arabia: please post when you can play in 'hours from now'. (ie.: I can play 3.5 hours from now)
            I can then calculate from the moment you post when you can play.
            Last edited by Robert; October 26, 2010, 18:03.

Comment

• Arabia: do you read Private Messages?

Comment

• Originally posted by Germany (DoE) View Post
                I think maybe it best to automatically go to a 24 hour timer when war breaks out. Pausing the game is less intuitive.

With so many time zones and many players queuing up 2 or 3 turns, we need a buffer for war times.
                Yea, I agree with that. Seems to make sense, losing a turn during a war (or mixing stuff up because of pauses and diplo screens and such) is bad news. France and I are "at war" too, but not a hot war, so no need to hold up the timer on our account.

Comment

• Robert - I don't know why you erased my message about missing my last turn and my concerns about the speed of the timer during war. The game still needs rebooted which means I am going to have to go to bed here soon and probably miss another turn or two.

This issue really needs addressed. I respectfully request a reload to the turn after the pause and the timer extended to 24 hours at least until active combat ceases.
                  Last edited by Arabia (DoE); October 26, 2010, 20:08.

Comment

• Arabia. No message from you has been erased so far as I can tell. Your post in this thread discussing these issues appears to be right here at this post.

And please note the several posts in here that Robert has made SINCE you posted that. He wanted you to tell him WHEN you can play. He's willing to set the timer for 24 hours. You have not missed a turn!

You seem to be having difficulty with the mechanics of the thread here...

Comment

• Got a PM now from Arabia, trying to contact him there.
                      Seems like the game will be down for most of this day as well.

Comment

• I see that now. No idea why I thought it was erased. Thanks Robert.

Comment

• no problem. Thanks for the PM. Game was up and is now down again.
                          Arabia told me in PM that he's able to play 9 hours and 48 minutes from now
                          Game will be up then.

Comment

• PYT is completely confused. Just ignore it. Keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

• I hope that I'll be home in time. I have a meeting somewhere else.
                              If I'm not in time to re-launch the game for Arabia, then I will be in the 1-30 minutes that follow.

Comment

• Launching the game now. I'm going to server-side pause it immediately. I'll check this thread for Arabia to confirm that he's there

Comment

Working...
                                X