Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in, but I'm alone. I'm going to take a shower, then I'll be back in ~20. I'll stay AFK in the lobby in the meantime. Maybe then you can test the "player doesn't take his turns" issue...

Comment

• I've done some testing (was just switching civs when you arrived, DNK )

Anyway, it did not work for me. First I logged in as Ethiopia, declared war on the Zulu. Without ending my turn, I logged in as Zulu, and I was able to move, while my war-partner, Ethiopia, did not even end his turn yet. Might have been a 'first turn' issue, but then I logged in as Ethiopia, ended my turn, played the next turn first, left the game, logged in as Zulu, played last in turn, ended turn, and was able to play immediately first in turn. Logged out, logged in as Zulu, played last in turn, ended turn, and was able to play first in turn. The turn-timer didn't double either.

so I suggest we just do it as in DoC, which worked perfect. (all pay attention to log in in the correct turn order).
      And we just only use the Ozzy mod. (Destiny of Empires - mod).

Game will start today. I'll open a thread and give extensive instructions
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Game will start today. I'll open a thread and give extensive instructions
        Wohoooo!!!
        http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
          Robert, with this DMM what are we going to do when 1 player just does not play their turn? Surely we cannot just put the game on indefinite pause or penalise the other player by letting everyone else play apart from them?
          I am also wary of this double move mod. In addition to the above scenario, what happens in complicated scenarios where multiple civs are at war with one another?

It's not that uncommon in non-diplo civ games of this size to have 6 or more civs involved in interconnected wars at the same time. Many times exceptions are made to the turn orders so that players who will not be affecting one another (even though technically at war) can move out of turn to keep the game moving. If the turn order is strictly enforced then even with a 24 hour clock equally divided amongst 6 players, you would only be left with 4 hour windows for each player! If an early player were to be late making their move then the window could be much smaller for later players.

While I like the idea of the mod, I am concerned that the mod will not be flexible enough to allow exceptions which I think will be necessary given the size of the game.

Comment

• I think its a wise call RP not to use the no double-move mod. It sounds perfect but as exploit points out, the reality can be much more complicated. I remember in BtP I was at war with the loser Greeks for millenium, but a completely cold war (they just wanted to look hard, until they finally had a go and lost) and we soon agreed to just get on with moves regardless. A mod which enforced turn order for the whole of a technical war could be very tricky.

Comment

• The Game has STARTED!
              Read all about it in the ORGANIZATION THREAD

Please read the first post very well before you start!
              Especially the RULES and the TERMS and the VOTING SYSTEM!

All have fun![/color]
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
              X