Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, everyone needs to download and install the mod. Get the mod here: http://plomp.eu/doe.rar

Unzip and place the Destiny of Empires folder in the following location:

c:/Program Files/Firaxis/Civ4/beyond the Sword/Mods

Then, whenever you want to login to the game, start up civ, go to Advanced, and select Load Mod. Find Destiny of Empires from the list and hit load. The game will restart, and then bring you back to the normal looking menu, just join the game like normal at that point.

I'm at work at the moment, and these instructions are from memory, so they could be off, but most likely work just fine.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Thanks Ozzy! Now I remember!
      I think it's possible to create a link from the desktop to immediately start the correct mod.
      I'll try to post an explanation later.
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• The only thing the mod does is double ship speed in oceans. It may look weird when you first load up a game because the way I set it up was to double the movement of all ships (except workboats) and then... ah darn. I should have done it for workboats too. There may be a new mod tonight, unless Robert can fix it. Can you fix that Robert?

Anyhow, movement points are doubled, but shore tiles take two movement points. Kind of like forests. So a galley went from 2 moves to 4 moves. But with movement doubled in coastal tiles, it can still only move two tiles. (4/2 = 2).

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• If you're changing the iMoves to 4, you can:

Can go into the units\ file in notepad, ctl+f "workboat", ctl+f "moves", change iMoves to 4.

I did the same thing when I made this sort of mod for myself, but I kept it at 2 since I figured they probably weren't very fast movers anyway, and a manned galley ought to be able to overtake them. But for this game I think it's best to make it 4.

Comment

• I fixed the workboat thing, ALL DOWNLOAD the MOD AGAIN

Comment

• How to create a Destiny of Empires shortcut:

1. Make a copy of a current Beyond the Sword - shortcut
              2. right-click on the new shortcut - properties
              3. Make the "Target": [...]\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Destiny of Empires
              4. Then click OK and continue.

Everytime you now want to play your turn for DoE, just click this shortcut and you're immediately ready to play!

Comment

• All bow before the most perfect and yet fearsome Empress Catherine of Russia, protector of all the Slavs, keeper of the faith, example to follow, unsurpassed beauty and glory! Her most shiny majesty herself!

Comment

• Les tribus de la France sont ici.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                    How to create a Destiny of Empires shortcut:

1. Make a copy of a current Beyond the Sword - shortcut
                    2. right-click on the new shortcut - properties
                    3. Make the "Target": [...]\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Destiny of Empires
                    4. Then click OK and continue.

Everytime you now want to play your turn for DoE, just click this shortcut and you're immediately ready to play!
                    This comes after my instructions on where to put the mod, of course.

Comment

• trying out account

Comment

• I have arrived.

You may start.
                        Mexico Emerges as a New Player on the International Stage - Mexico City Times

Comment

• Cheerio my good chaps! Her majesty, Queen Elizabeth I is present and accounted for. We are bloody well ready to begin!

Comment

• How.

Comment

• Explain, please, lack of my picture among the "generic" choices? Am I already so disregarded??

Comment

• Server connection tested, working. Game On.

Comment

Working...
                                X