This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
    Last struggle is the new map. Europe may be too packed without the ability to place two cities close to each other.
    We can as a solution move both the Germans and the Russians a bit to the east. That gives a little bit more room for the European civs.
    Sounds fine to me.

Comment

• Once again, you assume bad faith instead of giving me the benefit of the doubt. You act as if ...
      Ozzy it really doesn't help if every time someone try to discuss aspects of the game, you accuse them of bad faith. My post on ship movement was a perfectly sensible post considering some of the possible difficulties of modding ship movement/ocean movement costs. It gave rise to some discussion with a number of people joining in, and an agreed tweak. Its not personal. Its not about you - we are all just trying to get to good set of rules/set up for our game.

Comment

• I'm not making it personal. But anytime I mention any possible change you right away think of the worst possible outcome, as if I'm completely incompetent.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• The more critism one gets, the more visionairy ideas he most probably had.
          Receiving criticism is good! I always love it to get it!
          You know what's worse? If you have an idea and nobody cares
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I know there's measured war, but losing half your empire is still a pretty big blow to your mindset and strategy and all.

Still really hoping you guys take up that 3 New World suggestion.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
              I'm not making it personal. But anytime I mention any possible change you right away think of the worst possible outcome, as if I'm completely incompetent.
              I'm sorry if I have implied you are imcomptent. You are most definietely not. I guess I come from the 'two heads are better than one camp', and yes given a proposal I do tend to think through might there be any drawbacks, in contribute to us getting to the best possible outcome. But if in the process I have offended, as I clearly have, I'm sorry.

Comment

• To me playing the Earth map means that we want some kind of history connections. For me it is ok if the Americas are backward when the Europeans discover them.

Personally speaking, if you put me in the Americas with space to develop in peace, it will be not very uncommon that I discover you guys in the Europe instead of the opposite
                http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                  Still really hoping you guys take up that 3 New World suggestion.
                  Doubting that we should change anything now, can you please explain again though (or link to the post)

Comment

• Well, my issue is that the Americas, especially after some of the grassland is removed (rightly) from Canada, are a difficult area for a lot of the civs.

If you really want to give T4 a leg up, taking one of the players off the Americas (Sitting Bull) and shifting him to SE Asia or Oceania/Australia would be a huge help. It might not be historically accurate, but letting the Inca start in Argentina or at least further south with a proper land bridge to Argentina would help a lot in keeping early game pressure on the civs low and giving them good terrain to make up for the complete lack of trading partners or interesting diplomacy/global narratives.

Comment

• T4 is not going to have any space problems. Especially now that people nixed the mod, the Americas are going to be one of the lushest spots on the planet.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Down with America!

On another note, when does this game start? Has everyone picked a civ?

Comment

• No, because people voted to change the civs, we now all have to pick civs again.

Comment

• Comment

• They didn't heed my complaining and arguing.

Comment

• Ozzy, when can you have the map done and attached here?

Comment

Working...
                                X