This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a few questions.

Will starting points be geographically approximate to real life, ancient, capitols?

Will we be using WarningU2's excellent voting system?

How big will the map be?

Will resource distribution be random or specially placed?
    “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
    - Anon

Comment

• Ozzy, I almost always find what you say very sensible, but I find the statement
      May need to do more tweaking once everyone picks their civs
      somewhere between confusing and disturbing. Can you explain?

Comment

• Ozzy does right now not know which civs are going to be on the map, thus he has to finalize the starting positions later, and may have to update some starting positions to make things more fair. That's what I read there.

@St Jon: If possible I think we should have capitals at their original position. Maybe not if (ie. in Europe) capitals will be too close to each other. Then moving a tad bit may be a good idea.

We use another voting system this time. We can use Warning's system, but then he must be willing to change it.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• @Ozzy/Priest. I agree here. Why do individual Civ's need 'tweaking' if you have no idea who they are played by?

@Robert. I did mean 'approximate' in that if the Inca and Egyptians are in the game Cuzco is an appalling starting point while Thebes is a peach in terms of ancient Earth geography. The same can be said of many other Earth Civs.
          Last edited by St Jon; September 5, 2010, 16:09.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

• Still confused, but as long as its clear that everythign Ozzy knows, the rest of us do too - in terms of who is what civ, and the detail of the map etc. then I don't mind being confused. And I think RP has already agreed that principle.

Comment

• Though hang on, ozzy would know what civ he was. He can't change the map after he has chosen his Civ!

Even if I trust him, its so prone to accuations it is just madness.

Why are we getting ourselves tied into such stupidity?

Comment

• 18 civs need equal starting positions, as we did before.
                Since it's not known yet which civs will start, updates may be needed later.

I do fully trust Ozzy that he will not give himself an advantage. And I also think that the map will be released in public anyway, so everybody can evaluate all starting positions.

Comment

• But I thought we did have a list of the 18 civs. Didn't we agree a list of them weeks ago?

How have we got tiers without a list of civs?

And you can't have four in europe, teh first person choose Dutch and then find that the others are england, france, germany and vikings

Comment

• There are some possible differences.
                    Either one can pick France or Spain.
                    Aztecs or Maya.
                    Ottomans or Byzantine.
                    Germans or Holy Romans

It's just b/c people wanted to have more choice.
                    So not all options are there (dutch, ie. are not an option)
                    And it's not possible that both Spain and France are in the game, or Aztecs and Maya.
                    But the person who picks the Aztecs/Maya option, can chose Monty or whatever is name is.

Comment

• The map should be mailed to Robert prior to civs being picked. I see no reason for "suplemental" tweaking.

Comment

• @ RP - Fair enough.

It still feels as if some people are playing god and some being given the mushroom treatment though. Not really the way to build commitment and good will.

Comment

• @Pinchak: I've explained it in the posts above.

Comment

• Yes but explaining the indefensible doesn't help much.

As I said almost two weeks ago, which wasn't answered, someone has taken away our game and replacing it with their game. Bad, bad way to start a game which relies on lots of commitment from all of us for months.

Comment

• The tier system was voted on...
                              But if more people feel like what The Priest say, then please speak up now!

Comment

• Some off-topic from me, but as we already recruited players for this game and you look to me as a dedicated pitboss players, I think that is ok to post this here:

I am looking for replacement for a player in a game that I play in recently. Any of you guys wanting to take over his civ, as it will be pity his well-grown empire to be run by the AI. And I am not talking about semi-destroyed civ waiting to die. Its just the former player - SilentConfusion just disappeared - might be something changed in general in his life. Your empire will be The Byzantines with double their starting territory, as the former player conquered the Mongols. You will rule the most powerful empire in the east with lots of well-developed cities and strong army in the middle of the bunch tech-wise as I know. Your neighbors will be Sumeria in the north, which are technologically backward and in war with me, and Greece in the south. The former player was going to wage a war with Greece and had gathered army, but its up to you if you attack them or continue to develop in peace.
                                The map is huge Wheel with 18 civs, with 4 or 5 eliminated already. We are in the early gunpowder era and few wars are going on in the other corners of the world. The timer is 24 hours and there is rule about double move - when in war, the turn order remains until it end. No tech trading is allowed and the NoScoreV2 mod is used which removes the score, so there is no hint who is in lead by points.
                                The game is on civfanatics.com site and the thread is http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...343367&page=13 where you can say if you want to play the game.
                                Thanks in advice for saving a great game.
                                http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X