• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dubhghlas View Post
    Uh, that would be "plop", not "plomp".
    "plop" = "poo"
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• There is no word "plomp" in the English language, either side of the pond.
      I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by deity View Post
        I agree on Cyber's solution to his own mess

Maybe keep the final knowledge of who is in the tiers secret to improve anon. We'll all guess at some but that's OK.
        It's not my mess
        Now I have to destroy you all, grrrrrr

@St Jon: I know.
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• JJ Cyber
          Last edited by deity; August 29, 2010, 06:23.
          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• dp
            Last edited by deity; August 29, 2010, 06:23.
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• "Cleanup on Aisle 3..."

Comment

• Heya, I'm looking for sub in our running pitboss game ("new type of diplogame") for 2-3 weeks. If you want some practice before this game starts and wana help me out i'd apreciate it. Contact me in pm, please.

Comment

• Wow, this thread went flat.

Is this game going to start soon?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Ok, I have sent you the random list as requested Robert. I have taken it that Dacole is a non-starter?

Pity that we only have 17 as to have a full house would be nicer. Deity, has Celtia been too scarred by his recent mauling to join the game? Anyone else got a suggestion for a possible No. 18?
                      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                      - Anon

Comment

• Different Subject.

Regarding sanctions for acting against 'the spirit of the game' or deliberate foul play. We did have such a rule last time but absolutely nothing was done about the whining which went went on. I realise that the main culprit is not participating this time but can there be a commitment to genuinely acting if such behaviour occurs here?

BTW. This is not pre-emptive strike against you Pinchak.
                        - Anon

Comment

• against 'the spirit of the game'
                          If someone can define this magical "spirit" I will be happy to act in accordance with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                            If someone can define this magical "spirit" I will be happy to act in accordance with it.
                            I'd be happy with uisge. Just not the Irish version.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubhghlas View Post
                              I'd be happy with uisge. Just not the Irish version.
                              You'd be after having too much Poitín already tonight I fear.
                              - Anon

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                                Spirit is not something explainable, you either feel it or not
                                I'll try to explain it anyway, when my brother was 5, I was 12. We played football (soccer, yanks) together. I was for obvious reasons superior to him. I obviously did not use my superiority to dominate him and take his fun away. There's not such a rule that says that big brothers have to restrain themselves when playing against little brothers. It's just a good spirit.

Last monday I was playing football again with friends. Two of them got into an argument, in a world cup final some red cards and pulling and pushing might have happened. This time they just shaked hands and said sorry, maybe not because they really were, but just for the spirit of the game. When you're with a group of friends it's not always about the truth, but more about continuing together. That's the spirit.

Diplogames aren't like ladder games. Ladder games are the world cup, this is just a group of friends playing together to have fun. There's competition, there's backstabbing, there's war and there are malicious vicious double agenda double standard diplomatic conversations. But on top of all of it is.... the spirit!

Comment

Working...
                                X