Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question, might have been answered already but where will players from each teir be put generally? I know tier 1 players will be put in Europe but where will tier 2, 3, and 4 players be put?

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
      I have a question, might have been answered already but where will players from each teir be put generally? I know tier 1 players will be put in Europe but where will tier 2, 3, and 4 players be put?
      Tier 4 players are going to be given the moon. Should be able to get quite nicely developed before the Tier 1's finally show up.
      I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• Comment

• Civ spots:

Attached Files
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• So players in tier 1 got to europe, tier 2 north africa, middle east, tier 3 asia and south africa, and tier 4 the americas. Will that be the basic set up and if so will us none top players be able to pick what tier we think we should be in or is that choice only going to be between ozzy and cs?

Comment

• I have been very vocal in past game setups. I'm just going to go with the flow on this one.

One small suggestion regarding "tier placements". Since all the best players are going to be in europe, all the tier 4 players should be in Africa. That way, come the 1900s europe will be all developed and technologicaly advanced while Africa will still be fumbling with farming and animal husbandry... just like in real life!
              Last edited by Pinchak; August 26, 2010, 23:26.

Comment

• Final vote results:
                1. we use tiers
                2. America is settled
                3. Australia is open for colonization
                4. Gifted units have to be labeled with the name of the original owner. (ie. France got a spearman from Persia, now it's named: "Spearman [Persian]")
                5. turn timer: turn 1-15: 8 hours, 151-300: 14 hours, 301+: 16 hours.
                During war the timer will be extended.

Complete results:

1. Do we spread civs over the globe using 'tiers', or fully anonymous in a random way?
                a. use tiers [10]
                b. full random anonymous [3]

2. Must America be settled from the beginning, or must it be an 'unexplored new world' to be colonized later?
                a. Settle it straight away [10]
                b. Colonize it later [3]

3. Must Australia be settled from the beginning, or must it be an 'unexplored new world' to be colonized later?
                a. Settle it straight away [5]
                b. Colonize it later [8]

4. Unit gifting has caused some debates in the past, how do we handle it?
                a. No unit gifting at all [3]
                b. Allow but report [8]
                c. Allow unit gifting [2]

5. If the total vote results of question 4 ends in a 'win' for answer 'b', then how do we organise this?
                a. rename gifted units [9]
                b. thread report [2]
                c. some webform

6. Turn timer: Some have commented in their vote that they prefer something between option 'a' and option 'b', and to not make things impossible for the option b, c and d, I suggest:
                Let's put the turn timer like this:
                1. first 150 hours: 8 hours / turn
                2. turn 150-300: 14 hours / turn
                3. from turn 300 on: 16 hours / turn

Do you agree:
                a. Yes [8]
                b. No [5]
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                  Did I just do something stupid?
                  Last edited by OzzyKP; August 27, 2010, 08:05.

Comment

• But isn't this meant to be anonymous?

That is what we were promised. Yes tiers but still anonymous. You are getting into a very different sort of game, a must worse game for true Diplo - if it isn't anonymous.

Comment

• Yes, I thought it was all anonymous within the tiering.
                      I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

• Did I just do something stupid?
                        Well, if I know the list then everybody should know it, or it's not an even field.

We can also make it "pick based on tier".....

Comment

• Yeah if that list is what we are going by i really hope we can trade cuz i really dont want to be china.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Knight 427 View Post
                            So players in tier 1 got to europe, tier 2 north africa, middle east, tier 3 asia and south africa, and tier 4 the americas. Will that be the basic set up and if so will us none top players be able to pick what tier we think we should be in or is that choice only going to be between ozzy and cs?
                            During the voting phase everyone already placed themselves in a tier. Robert and I are taking that information and doing our best to make it accurate and as balanced as possible for a good game!

Originally posted by Pinchak View Post
                            I have been very vocal in past game setups. I'm just going to go with the flow on this one.

One small suggestion regarding "tier placements". Since all the best players are going to be in europe, all the tier 4 players should be in Africa. That way, come the 1900s europe will be all developed and technologicaly advanced while Africa will still be fumbling with farming and animal husbandry... just like in real life!
                            There are different Africas. There is north Africa, who need to be a tad bit more developed in order to try to keep Europe in check, and then only one civ in south Africa. Tier 4 will be in the Americas, so it'll work out how you suggest where the backwards civs will be in the New World and ripe for European colonization.

Originally posted by The Priest View Post
                            But isn't this meant to be anonymous?

That is what we were promised. Yes tiers but still anonymous. You are getting into a very different sort of game, a must worse game for true Diplo - if it isn't anonymous.
                            Yes, it IS supposed to be anonymous. I don't know what CS was thinking by posting that list, I removed it. Things will be changed now, I'm terribly sorry that happened. In order to set up the map, yes CS and I will know, but *someone* has to do it, and usually it is me since I've recused myself from most games in recent years. But since our intent is to pack as many people as possible into this game we don't have any spare players to handle this role. If you'd prefer, I could reorganize the list and not include CS in the final configuration so as to keep one more person in the dark. Either way, CS absolutely shouldn't have shared the list with everyone, since that takes away the fun of anonymous from everyone. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                            Did I just do something stupid?
                            Yes!!!!

Stop doing stupid things!

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Well, I'd say that either everybody knows the list, or nobody.
                              I do not feel good about knowing the list while the rest doesn't. Sounds unfair if I know who my neighbors are while I don't know them.
                              That's why the vote was: either anonymous or the tier thing.

I'd still say that everybody picks a civ from their tier, that's as anonymous it can be.
                              So I can pick from England/Germany/France/Ottomans/Vikings, Rempedaalops can pick from Natives, Inca, USA, Aztecs, etc. etc.

Comment

• Don't worry, CS, if you'd rather not know, I can just handle it. Because of all my subbing back and forth and setting up maps in past games, I always know, but it doesn't affect my play at all. Hell, most of the time once the game starts I forget anyhow. The vote, if I recall, was for anonymous AND tiers, not OR. I can just handle this, no need to make things more complicated, I think people just want to get started.

Comment

Working...
                                X