This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My votes (and new 'current results'):

1. Do we spread civs over the globe using 'tiers', or fully anonymous in a random way?
    a. use tiers [7]
    b. full random anonymous [2]

2. Must America be settled from the beginning, or must it be an 'unexplored new world' to be colonized later?
    a. Settle it straight away [8]
    b. Colonize it later [1]

3. Must Australia be settled from the beginning, or must it be an 'unexplored new world' to be colonized later?
    a. Settle it straight away [4]
    b. Colonize it later [5]

4. Unit gifting has caused some debates in the past, how do we handle it?
    a. No unit gifting at all [2]
    b. Allow but report [6]
    c. Allow unit gifting [1]

5. If the total vote results of question 4 ends in a 'win' for answer 'b', then how do we organise this?
    a. rename gifted units [6]
    b. thread report [1]
    c. some webform

6. Turn timer: Some have commented in their vote that they prefer something between option 'a' and option 'b', and to not make things impossible for the option b, c and d, I suggest:
    Let's put the turn timer like this:
    1. first 150 hours: 8 hours / turn
    2. turn 150-300: 14 hours / turn
    3. from turn 300 on: 16 hours / turn

Do you agree:
    a. Yes [6]
    b. No [3]
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• 12 hours left to vote!

Comment

• 1. Do we spread civs over the globe using 'tiers', or fully anonymous in a random way?
        a. use tiers [8]
        b. full random anonymous [2]

2. Must America be settled from the beginning, or must it be an 'unexplored new world' to be colonized later?
        b. Colonize it later [2]

3. Must Australia be settled from the beginning, or must it be an 'unexplored new world' to be colonized later?
        b. Colonize it later [6]

a. No unit gifting at all [2]
        b. Allow but report [7]

5. If the total vote results of question 4 ends in a 'win' for answer 'b', then how do we organise this?
        a. rename gifted units [7]
        b. thread report [1]
        c. some webform

6. Turn timer: Some have commented in their vote that they prefer something between option 'a' and option 'b', and to not make things impossible for the option b, c and d, I suggest:

Do you agree:
        a. Yes [7]
        b. No [3]
        "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Already voted by email
          WarningU2 Member of CIvilization Players Multiplayer League
          ---------------------------
          "A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

• WarningU2's votes (from mail)

1. Do we spread civs over the globe using 'tiers', or fully anonymous in a random way?
            a. use tiers [8]
            b. full random anonymous [3]

b. Colonize it later [3]

b. Colonize it later [7]

a. No unit gifting at all [3]
            b. Allow but report [7]

a. rename gifted units [7]
            b. thread report [2]
            c. some webform

Do you agree:
            a. Yes [7]
            b. No [4]

Comment

• I voted by e-mail when the site was upgrading, but after all the discussions and when some of the questions are changed, I will vote again. If my vote is already counted from the e-mail, maybe just ignore these answers.

a. use tiers [9]
              b. full random anonymous [3]

a. Settle it straight away [9]
              b. Colonize it later [3]

b. Colonize it later [8]

a. No unit gifting at all [3]
              b. Allow but report [7]
              c. Allow unit gifting [2]

a. rename gifted units [8]
              b. thread report [2]
              c. some webform

Do you agree:
              a. Yes [8]
              b. No [4]
              http://datingsidorsingel.com/

Comment

• I will be away for 1 week but please still include me!

Comment

• Robert,

OK, Please put me in whatever Tier you think correct. I'm not up to being trapped in Europe but should be able to cope with Tier 2.

I am a little concerned that Africa/S.America should effectively be open to a single nation to consume even if they are the least able players. Maya or Aztec without Inca to block them will own an entire continent before the Europeans have developed Astronomy. Likewise if the Zulus are not in southern Africa Mali or Ethiopia will become untouchable regardless of the skill of the top ranked players.
                  “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                  - Anon

Comment

• Well then we need to find that 18th player. Everyone needs to do their best to recruit one for us.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I'll finalize the tier-list, together with Ozzy.
                      I'll also try to look for an 18th player.

Comment

• Originally posted by St Jon View Post
                        Robert,

OK, Please put me in whatever Tier you think correct. I'm not up to being trapped in Europe but should be able to cope with Tier 2.

I am a little concerned that Africa/S.America should effectively be open to a single nation to consume even if they are the least able players. Maya or Aztec without Inca to block them will own an entire continent before the Europeans have developed Astronomy. Likewise if the Zulus are not in southern Africa Mali or Ethiopia will become untouchable regardless of the skill of the top ranked players.
                        The map will be set up to slow growth in those areas. However, this will be some of the fun of the game. If the Inca do happen to own all of South America by the time Europe gets Astronomy (I highly doubt it) then some space starved Europeans may just have to unleash the conquistadors.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• About tiers - I dont know how many of tier1 players there are now and as I said I dont know any of you guys and how strong you play (except for Exploit, who on other hand dont know any of you too, so this cant be used as a measure). I placed myself in tier2 together with Exploit, but he was placed there by someone, who dont know him and how he plays. If it will be easier for you to decide where to put me I play in two competitive civ4 sites - www.civplayers.com and there I am at rank ~50 from 800 players, and I have finished 2 of the civfanatics GameOfTheMonth. In one I was 12-th of ~50 submitted games and in the other I was 18 from ~70. So probably I belong in the second tier indeed, but I want to say that there is no civ4 player with whom I am afraid to tackle.
                          Maybe if there are too many or too few players in first or second tier, you can place me there to have balanced numbers.

Comment

• Oh and here`s my votes:

a. use tiers ('best' players packed in Europe, 'least good' players in America, etc.)
                            b. no, full random anonymous

Now we know it's going to be an Earth map, maybe it changes our vote on 'unexplored new worlds'. Please all vote:
                            a. Settle it straight away
                            b. Colonize it later

a. Settle it straight away
                            b. Colonize it later

a. No unit gifting at all
                            b. Allow unit gifting but report all gifts somehow
                            c. Allow unit gifting

a. rename gifted units to place the orignal owner in it's name, like: "Spearman (Rome)"
                            b. thread report
                            c. some webform

Do you agree:
                            a. Yes
                            b. No, use the turn-timer option we voted for in the last vote

Comment

• Originally posted by 2metraninja View Post
                              About tiers - I dont know how many of tier1 players there are now and as I said I dont know any of you guys and how strong you play (except for Exploit, who on other hand dont know any of you too, so this cant be used as a measure). I placed myself in tier2 together with Exploit, but he was placed there by someone, who dont know him and how he plays. If it will be easier for you to decide where to put me I play in two competitive civ4 sites - www.civplayers.com and there I am at rank ~50 from 800 players, and I have finished 2 of the civfanatics GameOfTheMonth. In one I was 12-th of ~50 submitted games and in the other I was 18 from ~70. So probably I belong in the second tier indeed, but I want to say that there is no civ4 player with whom I am afraid to tackle.
                              Maybe if there are too many or too few players in first or second tier, you can place me there to have balanced numbers.
                              What are your names on civplayers?

Comment

• dvametraninja

Comment

Working...
                                X