• Time
  • Show
Clear All

In.
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
      Because the story doesn't match the playstyle.
      This is quite hard to vote on.

In your example lets see some DoC events:
      -civil war in Persia: it was all story without the possibility to accomplish it ingame
      -evil ruler of ORB: They might had world domination plans, but those had to stay on the planning level becuse of reality.

Imo story is part of role-playing, if the playstyle is different from the stories you may give lower score, but sometimes it's just not applicable.

Comment

Hey...some of my world domination plans did get past the planning stage, you just ended the game before I could go to phase 2.

Comment

-civil war in Persia: it was all story without the possibility to accomplish it ingame

No, but it was possible for the nice Persian guy to act as a nice guy, and for the evil Persian guy to be evil to it's neighbours.
          I tried to role play a hastogianistic nation, hardly trustable, aggressive, but also not bothering about things that happened far away.

In fact I think that if I would have sent a fleet to burn down your shrine, I would have gone against my role. But if I would not have attacked you on New Russia, I would also have gone against my role.

As far as I know the Orb always played this sinister self-centered nation, also in their communications. They just lacked the power to overpower others.

A vote like this will make characters more important. Right now the story can be completely seperated from the game. It's of course impossible to let it be completely on par, but we must at least try it. Peacefull leaders should not make war. Enlightened atheistic leaders should not be on theocracy. And fanatic christians should not be allied with fanatic muslims, if these religions are on vendetta with each other.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

ok, we can all find good examples, but don't forget that we have to vote on everyone in every month.
            Most cases the only thing you will know about a civ is the story He writes, nothing else. You won't really know what is He doing, especially wont know about his plans, secret alliances etc. I don't say that the "RP" category should be just the story, but it is part of it. And I do agree that your acts and the stories you should be on par or else it's bad rp.

Comment

You got a point there. It may be too hard.
              I'm just trying to find ways to make characterization more important then only writing nice stories.

personally I believe that after every month every civ should write a small summarization about what they did past month and why they deserve votes. Everyone gets 1 day to post such a thing, after that everybody votes.

Comment

I agree with mzprox almost entirely here. I think RP/Diplo/Story all link back to Civ management. You need an incentive IG/OOC to win and I see nothing wrong with rewarding good Civ management. I think it goes a little too far to just judge on Story/RP as it hurts people who have not got a huge artistic talent, brilliant imaginations or a great deal of free time to devote to composing such posts. Being a good strategist must count as well.

I also hate 'Goodie Huts' and would prefer them out along with random events as they distort the game with unearned rewards and undeserved misfortune.
                “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                - Anon

Comment

I'm personally ok with bringing game-score back, but I got the idea that many people wanted to eliminate gamescore at all from the game.

What's the opinion of others here?

Comment

Perhaps multipel games going.

One with just RP voting

Another with Ingame score

Oreven more ...

Only takes an hour per day to play so really not that involved. Jsut spend less time with family and GF/Wife and more on the net....
                    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Just wondering, but what game speed are you guys likely to use?
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Epic

Comment

Ugh, I'll stick with other forums then...
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

How are we progressing on this.?

Also whats the story about the noscore mod?
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Enquiring minds want to know!
                              I play Europa Universalis II; I dabble in everything else.

Comment

I'm in!
                                You are all individuals

Comment

Working...
                                X