No announcement yet.

New type of diplo game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Russia with Sumeria Then we have a better analagy..

NUKES! Anyone attacking Gondor with nukes will, will, will, just will... maybe a vote for Houdini might end it!

Comment

• Egypt is at war with America

Comment

• The war should end with a gift of 1 minor city to Egypt assuming He keeps his word.

Comment

• By the way has anyone been keeping track of that 25 turns peace deal we had? I guess if Egypt did attack America, we are pass the 25 mark? Just curious.

Comment

• Time is flying fast, isn't it?
            And technically the peace was made before I would had been in war with America so it's debatable if they were included in the peace at all.. I think not. But I estimate that the peace was around 30 turns ago, so I'm free to nuke you.

Btw the war is over. I've changed my mind about starting a big campaign now in the new world, but since my forces were in position for quite some time I did not want to call them back without seeing some action.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoD) View Post
              Replace Russia with Sumeria Then we have a better analagy..
              A wonderful reposte from a superpower with massed troops at my border. Pretender of guardian to the weak but really only lovers of the cossacks.

Comment

• (i have checked anyway, it was 30 turns ago had a screenshot )

Comment

• Suggestion on nuke guidelines - not a rule

Hi all,

With the arrival of nukes I just thought I'd offer a suggestion on their use.

Firstly I'd like to say that indiscriminant nuking of far off cities is not my idea of good form but it is NOT against the rules. We started the thread for this game emphasising sensible diplomatic behaviour but ultimately aware that all players have a right to play out a strategy and go for the in-game win.

I think if a nation has developed a strategy involving a nuclear arsenal it can operate in several ways:

1) Nuclear deterrent - straight forward - you attack my I nuke you
                  2) Diplomatic threat as a tool to achieve ends
                  3) AND/OR, Use nukes as part of a military campaign - in other words NOT an indiscriminant nuke fest. I think this game is above that.

It's up to all of you of course and I don't think nuclear strategies should be eliminated but used in a real world sense.

I hope this helps a little...

deity
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• Thanks Diety. Oh to be that advanced!

More to the point - Babylon is about to be / just has been invaded by the Desert Lord keen on absorbing more land.

Can we move to a 24 hour timer. Thanks.

Comment

• The Desertlord is not expansionist, we only want to free the world from the Hindu menance. Babylon has tricked us for too long, we no longer believe in their lies, yet we offered a quite cheap way out of the war..they refused.

how tragic that me and my people.. who only love peace and order are forced into one conflict after an other..

Comment

• About the nukes. Egypt announces that She will use the nukes only as last resolt.
                        This is an IC claim ofc, but good enough.

Comment

• Turn timer now 24 hours.
                          All involved players seem to play turns pretty fast so I assume that the turns will last a lot shorter then 24 hours in reality.
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon (DoD) View Post
                            Thanks Diety. Oh to be that advanced!

More to the point - Babylon is about to be / just has been invaded by the Desert Lord keen on absorbing more land.
                            Strider's understanding of current Egyptian diplomacy is that a diplomatic victory is quite close for Babylon - and it is true with only about 8 votes in it. I'm sure Egypt would be operating on this basis rather than pure expansionism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon (DoD) View Post
                              Thanks Diety. Oh to be that advanced!

I am certain the entire World will sleep sounder in their beds when 'The Holy Shrine' is razed to the ground.

Comment

• Let me share my thoughts as well.
                                Personally I hope this game will not end with a nuke fest. That's so unsastisfying.
                                It is absolutely possible to have someone win this game, it'll just take time. But I'm not bored at all with this game.

I can imagine that civs will fall one by one. (Just like the AI civs have).

The only thing I'm not that happy about is that all civs have divided up the AI civs, but I just never took part of that. I personally didn't really like that approach. I'd rather have all the AI civs live on as AI civs and the real humans fight it out among each other. Because of that now Rome is a bottom-score civ. But that doesn't stop me from entertaining myself a lot.

Oh, and when I finally started the 'grab an AI' game with the vikings myself, the Vikings got a sub, so I pulled my army, and then the next turn the sub stopped playing, and my army was too far away to get any good city
                                (I would have had 2 big ones, 1 including the capital without this ai-sub-ai crap )

Anyway, Rome would never use nukes first.
                                But if Rome has to, it will nuke back.

Comment

Working...
                                X