This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruler of Greece,

This is not your war. You know that I could capture your western cities at will. Yes you have rushed your brave curassairs there in reponse i am sure to England's request. I forgive you that. But England as a land based empire on this continent is finished. It cannot defend you.

Do not be a fool. Keep out of this war - which includes no passing troops to the England - do not fear I know the location of all your troops. Keep out and Byzantium will take no actiona against you my old friend. Support the oppressors of the Byzantine people and your western cities will fall.

Makarios
    Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• The days immediately following the death of venerable Greek leader Rip van Greekle were full of tumult, fear and uncertainty. Great social upheavals afflicted the battered and failed alliance. Leaders of all the great anti-Indian nations were deposed and dead. People lived in fear of Indian plans for world domination. The world's one great opportunity to strike down their three evil towers had ended in failure. The greatest battle the world had ever known was won by evil...

Prophets and madmen alike walked the streets proclaiming the end of days. Hundreds of thousands lay dead on Indian beaches, truly it seemed the end had come. Persia, once resolute enemy of the Sha'Tao plague had itself succumbed to its evil presence. Then, even the Byzantines, mad with rage and fear, turned upon their old allies the English.

The world had truly turned upside down.

It was under these extraordinary circumstances that the Greek parliament met to discuss who to elect to replace their fallen leader. Who could fill the shoes of Rip van Greekle?

The debate raged, but a young former Roman from Transterminus, Baron Ozzy III, heir to the legacy of the feared Arabian regent, Baron Ozious, captured the mood of the moment. He addressed the assembly:

"I come before you today under the worst of all circumstances. Our alliance has fractured under the stress of failure. Blaming each other and fighting over the last scraps of glory in these, the final days on this planet. We find ourselves in a world of madness and chaos. Our people despair and turn against each other. Brother against brother. In these, the end of days, with evil victorious, what is there to live for? Apathy? Despair? Fatalism? Shall we go listlessly into that eternal darkness?"

"NO! No I say to you! We shall not! The world has caused us to despair, well I pledge to bring us pride and honor! The world has handed us death and grief? I vow to bring us glory! If the end calls to us, then let it be a glorious end! If this world has become nothing but madness and evil, then we shall embrace it not cower before it! Let the evil masters of India tremble as we claw and scratch to the very end!"

"Our people turn upon each other, let us unite them against a common foe! Let us spend the last of our days united as a people in a glorious war suitable for the end of days. We stand on the edge of a war between our two powerful neighbors. The Byzantines and English. Let us cast our lot with the more powerful of the two and ride off for glory! Let us ride to war! To war!"

Moved and inspired by his words, the assembled government voted Baron Ozzy III into office, the next, and perhaps final Earthly ruler of Greece.

Comment

• Secret communication from: Menander

Secret communication from: Menander

To my dear son: Heracles

Son,

Few know my real origins or name. My mortal woman called me Zeus, a name you will come to know. Some will exaggerate the claim that your father was a supreme deity but that's who you are my son. My dear Heracles.

I am safe, do not fear, and mortal hands can not touch me.

You, my son, have survived much and learnt much. I have not told you but the time has now come. Your mother (Hera) was a woman afflicted by jealousies and did try to kill you when as an infant she sent two snakes to kill you as you slept. But you were found speaking in a delighted language holding a strangled serpent in each of your hands. You survived as I do.

The Romans will know you as Hercules and they are your friends.

Take heed of your experience and knowledge and I send to you some secret conversations. Use it wisely. Remember who you can trust and never return to Greece.

Here is the conversation:

---

Ayatollah Khomeini: "So, you seek the true identities of the big powers?"

Ethnark Makarios: "No. My intuition serves me well but I am unfamiliar with the species on this planet"

Ayatollah Khomeini: "Never mind."

Ethnark Makarios: "Does England have Portuguese ancestry?"

Ayatollah Khomeini: "I can not say and I know not of 'Portugal' but many leaders have really wrong ideas about who is running the governments here. Are you sure you want to know? The Ayatollah knows all!"

Ethnark Makarios: "Yes, but I admit I have tried not to guess because I know I would be as likely wrong as right. It would distort my plans but it would alleviate my conscience if I knew who I was attacking!"

Ayatollah Khomeini: "I see, if you know who he is you feel better… well let me say this. England and Greece have been LONG together and of other worlds. They are always at each others throats and are always competing to dominate. Greece may seem far behind but trust me he is strong. England doesn't know who is running Greece or that it is played by *HIM*. And Greece is certain that India is the other *HIM* !!"

*** THEN with a bolt of lightning the communication ceased ***

---

Use this information wisely my son. The Korean forces will be loyal to you. Know what is right. Know what is honourable. I will look over you and all before me shall tremble.

Your loving father.

Comment

• Hail Baron Ozzy III, Saviour of Greece,

I am overjoyed to see that the same spirit of nationalism and honour has erupted in Greece as here in Byzantium. You have lost land to the English Lords; your people have been held in slavery by them just as Byzantines have been. Join the revolution - now is the time for freedom.

Makarios.

Comment

• occ

Secret communication from: Menander
            very clever. (not a complete transcript and I didn't actually ask the direct question Menander suggests, and good for people to know this was *after* the attack) but very clever story writing

Comment

• ooc I have a screen shot

Oh and London fell after this interception...

but I made it a story...

Comment

• I don't think so - look at CivStats - England's score fell from 2111 to 2012 (when i captured london) at 4.24 when you only logged in and overheard a conversation at 5.00. Indeed London had falled before anyone else logged in - India and Persia coming in before you but still after London had fallen. But probably best not to make this into another argument, and genuine I think your turning it into a story was brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
                  I don't think so - look at CivStats - England's score fell from 2111 to 2012 (when i captured london) at 4.24 when you only logged in and overheard a conversation at 5.00. Indeed London had falled before anyone else logged in - India and Persia coming in before you but still after London had fallen. But probably best not to make this into another argument, and genuine I think your turning it into a story was brilliant.
                  No no, in story Zeus already KNEW!

Comment

• But soon Empress Shakti will thrown him down from heaven!

Comment

• Last edited by Egypt (DoC); March 30, 2010, 09:05. Reason: Typos, damn you all to hell typos

Comment

• Why is the BBC so boring?

Comment

• King Igor presents an heir

The Russian King today proudly presented his son and heir. Following a long time in reclusion due to health issues, the 70 year old King revealed that he had in fact withdrawn from public life to spend time with his son. The King appeared in excellent health and great spirits, but announced that he would make minor changes to the constitution allowing the Duma to make decisions without his express consent to effectivize running of the country. From now on the King's power will consist in approving the government chosen by the parliamentary Duma.

As for the Prince, young Vladislav aged 12 is a vibrant young man with great potential and a healthy constitution. Though the King is not formally married, according to official sources, the boy is his offspring through an anonymous consort. The Prince is being groomed for Kingship and will likely be elected King by the Duma when the current King passes away.

Anna Hatun's imprisonment

Two months following the last visit by the man in the dark, Anna Hatun realized to her terror that she had become pregnant. The old nun had realized it as well. Shortly after she was moved to another cell. The new prison was a comfortable living quarter, yet had bars on the windows and a solid oak door that was locked from the outside. The man did not come again, though the old priestess came with better food and took good care of her.

Later that year in the summer Anna Hatun gave birth to a baby boy. He was a beautiful child, with green eyes and dark hair. She nursed him for 6 months and was aided by the old nun. Anna spent her time with her son, reading books that she got delivered and trying to communicate with the old nun through writing. The old priestess would not respond at first, but eventually came around to responding to questions concerning child care.

Then one day, Anna received a visitor. It was a tall darkish man in his early 60's. At first she did not recognize him, but he stood watching her and the boy and she realized that she had seen his visage before. King Igor himself stood in her golden cage. She wondered what he intended to do next, murder her, torture her, take away her child. The last thought frightened her to her soul. Though the child was the result of the assault, it was part of her and she had become attached to him. The King spoke, his words froze her heart.

-A fine boy you have there. I will take him from you now, I have need of him. Besides, I cannot allow you to fill his head with hate and foolish lies. He will become a great man, I will make sure of it. It seems your Ottomanness is well proven.

The voice was the same and with the last sentence she realized that the man in the dark was none other than the bastard murderer King Igor himself. The father of her son was the Russian King. The man who had murdered the people of Mehmed, smashed the Ottoman empire, and tortured her in the dark. The air escaped from her lungs and she could not breathe.

-Did you know I grew up as a savage? On a faraway island in south new Russia. My father was a Russian prince, taught our ways in a distant land by the last surviving knight of Dominika's war. I have different perspectives than other royals and nobles because of this. Have you ever worked on a farm or a pasture? I bred horses and cattle when I was a young prince, it was considered a noble pastime. Only the finest bull or stallion should be allowed to breed, to preserve the finest traits in the offspring. Yet I always wondered if possibly the female did not convey her characteristics as well. Based on this notion I began a selective breeding programme, only the finest stallions and the finest mares. The results were astounding. And when I had to chose a female to produce an heir with I looked all over the land. You see, I met so many noblewomen, shallow foolish sheep they were all of them. And they were all inferior. And I felt that the possibility of wives in these lands were poor. Shallow and self-indulgent, they had no strength in them. Then you led your invasion. Your courage, strength and intelligence impressed me. Therefore I have bred upon you my offspring like a pastoralist breeds livestock. And now I will take my son and raise him to be King. And you will never see him again, you will live out your days in this prison knowing that your child will become the very thing you hate the most. A Russian King. Guards!

With those words, two guards entered and grabbed Anna despite her furious screaming and protests. She kicked and clawed and bit at them, she howled that she would rather see him dead than in the hands of King Igor. The King retorted dryly that this was the very reason he took the boy from her. The King lifted his son and carried him away. Anna was left alone, shattered and crying.

A full decade she sat in her prison. Then one day she was gone.
                          Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                          The Russian Dynasty:
                          Samo the Headbanded
                          Catherine the Progenitor
                          Dominika Ekatarinova
                          (Konya the Lost)
                          Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

• LOL@Korea!!!!
                            I laughed!
                            I also laughed at The Sun! (I'm glad that nobody sees me here, in my sickness robe, being white and ugly (more then usual), laughing... )

Good story writing once again Russia!

Oh my, looking at todays events.... what will happen if the Truth Commission will deliver it's final report!!!!!!! The world will most probably collapse!
                            Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                            <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

• Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post

Why is the BBC so boring?
                              Haha, it's not boring, the Sun just focuses on the more...interesting aspects of life ie, half-naked chicks.

Comment

• Byzantium lets ceasefire so i can hand over you my cities (Chiel and Newcastle and Hastings)

Comment

Working...
                                X