This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arabian Goodwill Tour

In one of his first acts as regent of Arabia, Baron Ozious sent a division of his best Camel Archers to survey the world. This good will tour would draw the Arabs closer to the nations of the continent. Baron Ozious sent the units with gifts to bring to the various kingdoms they traveled through. The hospitality they received in return would be a judge of the character of these nations.

The troops set off to the east, through Greek lands, then further east to Byzantium & Egypt before turning south and west through Incan, English and Roman lands back home. Ozious was quite familiar with the Romans and was sure they would open their homes in hospitality. Others he wasn't sure of. Some nations in fact did not even have open borders with Arabia.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Russia wishes to repair our relationship with Arabia and offers open borders and welcome any delegation you wish to send. We will even upgrade one of your galleys to a galleon if you will pay the costs (we would pay it ourselves, but due to our war effort our funds are needed elsewhere).

Prince Igor
      Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
      The Russian Dynasty:
      Samo the Headbanded
      Catherine the Progenitor
      Dominika Ekatarinova
      (Konya the Lost)
      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

To Ottomania

Demand for Surrender

Lord Selim, your armies are defeated, your lands lost and secured by Russian troops. We have just landed troops on Africa and are ready to begin a campaign against your southern colonies, your colony Edirne will fall when our troops next are given orders. We demand that you surrender and acknowledge the supremacy of Russia over all lands we have conquered.

If this will not happen we will demand war reparations for every turn you continue to force us to bring destruction upon you. We are willing now to sign a cease fire awarding us the land we so bravely conquered. If you reject this treaty we will repeat it next turn, but then also demand additional concessions, colonies, military equipment and gold.

Take our offer. Other nations also wish this conflict to end and by needlessly extending it, you are causing further suffering to your people and causing destabilization of nearby lands.

Prince Igor
        The Russian Dynasty:
        Samo the Headbanded
        Catherine the Progenitor
        Dominika Ekatarinova
        (Konya the Lost)
        Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Following a week long period of feasting and dancing and drumming and smoking to mark chief Metacom’s rise to chief of chiefs, Metacom called the chiefs of the confederacy together.

‘Welcome great chiefs ‘ announced Metacom. ‘I want you to hear directly from Tomocomo about things he learned from his travels to England’.

Tomocomo spoke:
          ‘ First, it rains a lot in England. When we natives meet, we speak of buffalo, bison and eagle feathers; when the English meet they speak about the weather: it’s a cold day; it’s a wet day –but not as wet as it was in January, 6 years ago’. It’s like a talking dance ritual’.

’Second, they have these things called markets, where they ‘buy and sell’ things, mostly food items but clothes too and tools. It’s like our trading posts where we trade tobacco, horses and furs - Oh young pretty Cherokee squaw, nice Doya you have there’.

The chiefs laughed.

‘Third, listen, after the trading is over, whatever extra gold they have, they put it into a bank. No not a hole in a river bank but into a place called a ‘bank’ that safeguards your money. They even lend your extra money, deposited there, to other people, for a fee. For use of your gold the bank will pay you a fee’. So you win by earning extra on your gold, borrowers win by getting access to funds, for a fee. And banks win by giving themselves ‘Big Bonuses’.

’Fourth, then someone had an idea, why don’t we sell shares in our market so that more people can have a share in our good fortune. So as the more our market prospers so more will benefit.’ They called it ‘Corporation’.

Fifth, those English just love our tobacco and potatoes.

Tococomo sat down.

‘Tribal co-operation is what we need’, said chief Metacom, supporting the Powhatan Confederacy. But most people misheard him and thought he said ‘Corporation’.

And so the idea of corporation spread throughout the land.
          Last edited by Native America (DoC); February 4, 2010, 16:21.
          I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Metacom was confused and concerned about the pronouncement from Empress Shakti, especially as Empress Shakti was representing the Indian Empire, his neighbour.

The Natives had fully supported the teachings of Sha’Tao but had expressed a number of concerns in some areas regarding the spreading of Tao teachings by force by Queen Shivali. Did that make them foes in the eyes of Empress Shakti?
            I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

The Korean Tao miniistry noted thst no one has repsonded to its invitaiton for formal discusisons

Comment

Prince Igor,

You may continue your campaign, we are in this for the long haul.

Do not think taking an African settlement, even all of them, will stop us from our goal of bringing as much death to your people as possible.

We have watched you raze our city and kill many civilians while our allies stand by (in some cases even assist you by giving you cannons, oh I thought it was supposed to be 1vs1???) and the entire international society does NOTHING.

We care nothing at all for when they want this war to end as we are left friendless and would rather see every single Ottoman city perish than to bow to you.

We have nothing left to live for in this world but war and blood-letting.

You may as well stop calling for peace and continue to burn civilians, no one will stop you despite their huminatarian claims.

Surely your war is measured, razing my 2nd largest city, capturing 3 others...

This international society is a joke and we will not do a damn thing to make it's members happy.

Proud in defeat,

Selim.

Comment

this is a story about Media

Will we kill him? Hell yeah, we certainly will!
                  Hairy Coup against Beli'Az

"We will not let this happen to our allies!"
                  Guru Dari'Az yelled at Guru Cor'Az.

In the shrine Guru Beli'Az was walking in circles.
                  "Screw the Russians! The Hairy bastards!
                  They must all die! Die NOW!"

Then his voice changed.
                  "Noooo! The Russians are our friends!
                  They paid us! THEY PAID US!
                  We told them to PAY! And they did!
                  Russians are good!
                  Kill the Ottomans!
                  KILL ALL OF THEM!"

"No, Not the Ottomans!
                  They were our allies!
                  You deserted them!"

"They are ALL HAIRY!
                  We have nothing to do with them!"

Then suddenly the doors opened.
                  Two hairy Guru's entered.
                  They carried muskets.
                  "You are doomed, Beli'Az!"
                  Then there were shots.
                  Beli'Az was untouched.

The hairy ones aimed again.
                  But Beli'Az was quick.
                  He unexpected ran out of the room.
                  "Help me help me! They're after me!"

Quickly two guards showed up.
                  Grenades were thrown at the invaders.
                  Huge explosions inside the palace.
                  Death upon the Hairy Guru's.

"Two GURU's! HAiry Guru's!" Beli'Az said in shock.
                  They were after me! One from Russia and one from the Ottomans!
                  Quickly he turned his head, as if he feared another one would show up behind him.

"My doomed lord" one of the guards said.
                  "These were Median guru's. Not foreign ones!"

"NONSENSE!" Beli'Az screamed.
                  "They are after me! They will kill me!"
                  Nobody said a word!

Then Beli'Az proceeded to order the movement of several armies towards the south.
                  "ULTIMATUM" Beli'Az cried.

"If Russia will not end all invasions and pull all it's troops
                  back from current Ottoman soil within ONE DAY, we will INVADE him! Tell Igor!"

Armies marched from Hastograd towards the borders.
                  Two Median Galleons, heavily guarded, moved towards
                  the coastal cities of the Russians. Loaded with Grenadiers.

"ULTIMATUM" then Beli'Az proceeded to scream!
                  "Move both our galleons in the Mediterranean to the Ottoman coastal cities!
                  If they won't accept peace within TWO DAYS We will grab their cities."

"But sire" one general quickly interrupted.
                  "Where do you want these Galleons to go? to the Russians or to the Ottomans?
                  And what will you do? Declare war on both Russia and Ottomans?"

"YES!" the Guru said!
                  "YES Move the Galleons that way AND END THIS WAR NOW!"
                  Beli'Az then suddenly ran away.
                  "They are after me. They will find me and kill me.
                  They hate me. Because they are in a war they hate me."

The Guru wasn't addressable for hours.
                  In the meanwhile the Median warships and galleons took position.
                  On the border they were placed, ready to invade both
                  the Ottomans and the Russians. One word of the Guru would be enough.

"Send our diplomats to the Ottomans and to the Russians" the advisor said.
                  "Tell them that we will declare war upon Russia if they will not pull back all their armies from Ottoman soil immediately. If one more Ottoman city falls, we will declare war."

"And tell the Ottomans that they must accept peace when the Russians pulled their armies. Otherwise the Guru will strike against them" the advisor concluded.

"What if any of them will not give in to Beli'Az demands?" another advisor asked.
                  "If any of them fails to obey, we will declare war on both of them."

"One fails, we declare war on both?" the advisor asked with wide open eyes?
                  "YES"
                  Last edited by Persia (DoC); February 4, 2010, 20:46.
                  Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                  <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Igor and Selim,

Guru Beli'Az ordered the invasion of both Ottomania and Russia if both of you will not agree on peace terms. Ships have been brought into position.

Igor, if your army moves one step further into Ottoman soil, or if your armies take another Ottoman city, your homeland will be immediately be invaded by Median grenadiers. We will certainly raze your city close towards Hastograd, for strategical reasons.

Selim, accept a fair peace treaty with the Russians or we will move our grenadiers into your soil and force to you to accept peace.

If any of you will not live up to these demands, Media will declare war on the both of you.
                    You have the ultimatum of TWO DAYS.

On behalf of Guru Beli'Az,

Farza
                    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

To Persia, England, Byzantium, Britannia, Arabia, Greece.
                      CC: Ottoman

We have made a limited war against the Ottoman. We have sent our troops to conquer 1 city, Izmir, and we have destroyed another, Mehmed. Bayezid's Wall was given to us in an act of good faith, by our friends in Rome who inherited the city after the Ottoman governor fled.

This is a limited war and we have always made that claim. Why have we done this? For many reasons, for land, for justice and hatred, but primarily for self-defence. It should also be mentioned that Russia has information that Ottoman are in fact conducting piracy, which we suspected and is another reason for our actions. Some may believe our actions to be unfair. But we ask you, how large is the Ottoman empire? How many cities does their empire span?
                      Before our war began, 17 cities, was the number. What was the size of Russia? 8 cities. Less than half Ottoman's size, we have defeated them thoroughly in combat, all by our own doing. The Ottoman complain that we have purchased cannons, but they have not faced these cannons in combat. All battles fought so far have been against Russian soldiers. If the Ottoman empire spanning such great distances cannot fight against a nation half its size to hold these lands, perhaps their claim to them has not been justified?

Now, Russia has evened the score. Our empire now counts 10 cities. The Ottoman 14. We have fought a limited and targeted conflict. Ottoman cries foul, that they will fight eternal war, it seems that Selim has never read history. For if ever there was a people in suffering who learned to fight from it, Russia was she. For 5000 years have we suffered humiliation, limitation, deception, war and isolation and now, after one little loss in battle, the Ottoman believe themselves our equals in determination? Perhaps if they suffered like we did for 5000 years while we lived in luxury, could Ottoman dream of challenging us. This is not the world we live in. In this world, Russia is hard and Ottoman soft. We have won. Accept it.

As for Persia's ultimatums and demands upon Russia. Why? We have made clear that we wish to end this conflict. But as long as Ottoman is determined to destroy us, we must use our armies to limit their ability to make war upon us! To punish Russia for acts done by Ottoman is not reasonable. We therefore call upon our friends in Byzantium and Britannia to support us if Persia make war against us. We ask also that England, Rome and Arabia who are nearby nations which we consider wise and friendly, to support Russia against aggression from a superpower that cannot tell the difference between those who seek peace and those who spit on it.

Russia is ready to discuss peace! We have been since the first few months of the war, which is the time it took us to reach our goals against an enemy twice our size. Now that we are stronger we could truly destroy them, but instead we are offering peace talks. It cannot be held against us that the Ottoman will not listen to reason.

We will however agree to halt all military action against Ottoman if they can be made to agree to peace talks. We have sent out orders to all our troops to cease fire unless fired upon. Unfortunately our messages will take time to reach our furthest expeditionary force, and while we are sending out these orders, rumours are coming back that they have seized the colony Edirne on the continent of Africa. We have however offered the Ottoman the return of that colony as well as a peace treaty. We can do nothing else.
                      (ooc: read story after played turn)

We hope that all nations acknowledge that Russia is not unreasonable. We are seeking peace. If Ottoman will accept the return of their colony and no further acts of war, then so will we. If they will not, we will still stop conquering their underdefended lands! But we will defeat any who enter OUR lands.

Prince Igor
                      The Russian Dynasty:
                      Samo the Headbanded
                      Catherine the Progenitor
                      Dominika Ekatarinova
                      (Konya the Lost)
                      Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

The Goodwill Tour Meets Trouble In Greece

The Arabian goodwill tour passed through the Greek capitol of VoulaPoli and then east to IliouPoli. The camel archers traveled over the deserts and flood plains of central Greece. They were hardy riders, as all Arabs were, but had become exhausted by the long journey.

The Camel Archers arrived at IliouPoli in the evening, and Lut, an Arab and devout Muslim, was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."

"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."

But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of IliouPoli—both young and old—surrounded the house. They called to Lut, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them." (they were Greeks afterall)

Lut went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him and said, "No, my friends. Don't do this wicked thing. Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

"Get out of our way," they replied. And they said, "This fellow came here as an alien from Arabia, and now he wants to play the judge! We'll treat you worse than them." They kept bringing pressure on Lut and moved forward to break down the door.

But the Camel Archers inside reached out and pulled Lut back into the house and shut the door. Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with arrows so that they could not stay near the door.

The Camel Archers said to Lut, "Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, because we are going to destroy this place. We are official envoys of the Arabian Kingdom. The disgrace against us by people of Greece is so great that we have no choice but to destroy it. We shall send our fastest rider back west, to Arabia to notify Baron Ozious, the Regent, of this terrible crime. He will have no choice but to declare war."

So Lut went out and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters. He said, "Hurry and get out of this place, because the Arabs are about to destroy the city!" But his sons-in-law thought he was joking.

With the coming of dawn, the Camel Archers urged Lut, saying, "Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished."

When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Arabs were merciful to them. As soon as they had brought them out, one of them said, "Flee for your lives! Don't look back, and don't stop anywhere in the plain! Flee to the mountains or you will be swept away!"
                        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Korea is shocked by the news of this invasion of Greek territory.

We wil lbe sending aid to our friends the greeks.

-------------------------------

Genral Max Heron was sent immediatly to the Englsih high command. He had letters telling of the disgrace of this invasion against a poor country. Korea and England would need to make arrangements to help the Greeks.

Comment

MAD Pact

Hail Greece and Arabia,

We have to consider this a final dissolution of the MAD pact. How can this happen between nations that have shared their borders and their religion so well for so long? We besiech you both to come to your senses and rejoin each other at the discussion table.

Allah is a peaceful god,

The Roman Senate
                            Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

this is a story about Media

Farza rules in Beli'Az place

Beli'Az kept hiding in his room.
                              Maids and servants kept hearing screams in fear. The doors were blocked. Nobody could enter. "They're after me, They want to kill me" was heard every now and then. Beli'Az would not respond to any question or statement. The situation endured for days. The room contained all food one needed for months.

In the meanwhile, Farza the adviser ruled in Beli'Az place.
                              Letter to Prince Igor

Prince Igor,

Our Guru Beli'Az, may Hastog doom his belly, is worried a lot by the situation in the south. It makes him nervous and insecure. That's why he has ordered us to stop it. At this very moment Beli'Az is not interested in reasoning, facts or rationality. The war should just stop.

I have been appointed to organize this cease fire.
                              It is my personal opinion that Media should not get involved, but Beli'Az decision is law. For now I will contain our armies. They will be sent to the Ottoman/Russian border and post between both warring parties.

These are the steps to come to peace:
                              1. First Russia ends all hostilities.
                              2. Then the Ottomans will vow to refrain from counter action.
                              3. An unofficial cease fire for a couple of days will be in place
                              4. Both parties accept a cease fire
                              5. Terms for peace will be discussed.

If I fail to reach my objectives Beli'Az will call me back to Parsagarde and a full war will erupt. I am confident that Beli'Az will use this war to remove the cultural problems caused by the Russian city of Volvograd and the Ottoman city near Sardis.

Farza, Adviser of Beli'Az.
                              Median mediator

New ways to bring messages as quickly as possible to Russia

Comment

this is a story about (New Russian) Persia

(New Russian) Persia grows wealthy and strong

In a short amount of time the former colony started to flourish. Granaries increased the growth of all cities. Courthouses kept order. Forges increased the productivity of the former colony. Many many workers were quickly turning the county side into a very productive environment. The surroundings of the core of the nation around Persia (the Capital, formerly known as New Moscow), including all nearby cities, was turned into farms and workshops. Here and there an odd mine. The seas were being fished.

The cities more close to the Indian borders were still a bit backwards, especially because the workers had started their jobs in the east near the core of the nation.

King Achmal was considering public service to boost the military. Very soon the cities would be large enough to produce military through a public service system on a very regular base. The island's protection must be improved.
                                The public service thoughts and ideas were lined out already. The Achmal government only waited for the correct moment to implement it. Most probably during times of great joy and economic welfare. Some predicted a time like this would arrive in the years to come, especially considering the increasing wealth and economic growth.

The different kinds of people merged together. Not many referred to their Russian or Median roots. Especially now the old Empire was known as "Media", more and more people referred to the former colony as "Persia", sometimes the "New Russian" clarification was included. But for reasons of easiness the prefix was often left. The Persians had no contacts with their Median kin in the east. Two separated peoples that shared one root. The difference between the Persian Kingdom and the Median Guru-lead nation could however not be any bigger.

Comment

Working...
                                X