This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Council of India,

I am not hesitating, but grieving for the passing of our friend and ally, the late King Theodosius. I have made haste to be in Byzantium, to say goodbye to this great man, but alas, I arrived too late. I have announced three days of mourning to be declared in Egypt, and all matters of state will be on hold during that time. I will delay any decisions accordingly.

Pharaoh Ramesses

Comment

• Justinian's first move

Justinian was nothing if not a man of careful thought and planning. Long he had watched and listened to the byzantine politics of the court in Constantinople.

His first move against the bureaucracy of the priests of Constantinople was simple and brilliant.

A simple proclamation declaring complete freedom of speech within Byzantine lands. No man could be seized or punished merely for what he said.

So simple. Who could object to that? And yet, Justinian knew, slowly and surely it would undermine the vested interests of the priests and the aristocracy. For if all men were able to think, speak and question for themselves, all the traditional certainties woudl be questioned in time. Those what were good, true and helpful would survive; those which were not would die.

What would begin here in Constantinople would soon, he was sure, spread across the world. Hastogianism and Tao'ism, as busy as they were trying to establish themselves as dominant powers in the world controlling the desiny of nations would find themselves eaten away from within, by common people thinking for themselves.

Already, indeed, there were swelling numbers of Indians in the northern islands of Byzantium fleeing the oppression and slavery of their homeland, just as the Byzantine lands in Hascon were flooded with those seen as Hastogians but who, truly, were simple folk who just wanted to think their own thoughts and find peace.
      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

• our condolonces to he indian on loss of their leader, all hail the new leader...

Comment

• The great prophet Kane wishes to sends his condolonces to Justinian for the loss of his father. Theodosius was a great man who will be missed.
          The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

• in th world it is o very cold
            as the leaders of the world getting very old

Some have lived for centuires or more.
            now they are faicng the final door

what miracles are in the water they drink
            now they are rotting and probably stink

Comment

• New thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189690
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori