This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council Formed

The Great Ka looked about al lhe saw and decreed that a Council be establsihed to put in place all he decreed.

The leader of the council was the first appointed, his position was known as the Winj. To this day this title is placed upon the one who spoke to the other nations. The Winj spent most of his time over seas in the palaces of others, he spoke of the problems Korea faced and how others should help them. This action became known as Winjing.

The assistant to the Winj was Mohn , he was well veresed in the art of Winjing and took it to another level, Mohning.

The Wang knew he would need a good military leader and chose the toughest of all the Korean Army his new leader. This man was given the title Pai Nebutt , Due to the fact that this person ws the toughest bigger character from all the Korena armies he uslaly had the full title of The Big Pai Nebutt.

Comment

New Changes to Korea

With such tormoil in places over seas. The Wang Ka decreed that he would accept refugees from the strife to come and live in his kingdom

He sent his navy to patrol the waters and help the boat people to safety.

The thinly populated Eastern Desert was converted to allow formore dwellings and water was piped there too.

New towns and villages sprung up everywhere.

The old Korean way of aggression was gone, now the Koreans were encouraged to love more.

Population growth was expected......

Comment

The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

After years of working at the library, the brilliant mind of scientist Anthony van Leeuwenhoek, doctor extraordinaire, got noticed by the wife of King Aeneas, who came in for information about male impotence, not for her or her husband mind you. Anthony van Leeuwenhoek sent her home with the ground horn of the blue rhino.

A day later King Aeneas commisioned the Felix Leo Science Academy
          Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

Originally posted by Korea (DoC) View Post
            The Great Ka looked about al lhe saw and decreed that a Council be establsihed to put in place all he decreed.

The leader of the council was the first appointed, his position was known as the Winj. To this day this title is placed upon the one who spoke to the other nations. The Winj spent most of his time over seas in the palaces of others, he spoke of the problems Korea faced and how others should help them. This action became known as Winjing.

The assistant to the Winj was Mohn , he was well veresed in the art of Winjing and took it to another level, Mohning.

The Wang knew he would need a good military leader and chose the toughest of all the Korean Army his new leader. This man was given the title Pai Nebutt , Due to the fact that this person ws the toughest bigger character from all the Korena armies he uslaly had the full title of The Big Pai Nebutt.
            nice shaping of new characters here
            Sic Vincit Gloria Mundi

Comment

Sailing through the al-Jazeera straits, Dominika's ship met with a small trading vessel. She inquired if there were any Russians who had news from Nova Semlja. None did, but a huge-bearded trader had something else. From Zakarevh the Scout, a small bundle of letters that were destined for the Moscow library. As an educated Librarian, Dominika requested to look at them. After five minutes she was still lost in the captivating tales of foreign lands. The trader humbly asked if he could have them back, as he had made an oath that they arrive at Moscow safely. Dominika glanced up at him, then read another minute until she finally tore her eyes from the travelworn papers. Dominika stared at him with her fiery passionate emerald eyes until the large man blinked and nervously shifted his weight from one foot to the other. She then sighed and spoke:

-Of course, if you have sworn an oath it must be kept. But I will make a copy, I have some scribes who can work fast. You will have to wait here for half a day while it is done. In return I will issue you a letter of Mokba, giving you extended trading rights and the right to seize any vessel belonging to an enemy of Russia.

Enemy of Russia? But Russia has no enemies?

Again, the stare of the daughter of Hastog mesmerized the man, and no answer was given, Dominika merely turned to her scribe and ordered her to make copies of the letters.
              Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
              The Russian Dynasty:
              Samo the Headbanded
              Catherine the Progenitor
              Dominika Ekatarinova
              (Konya the Lost)
              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Travels through Araby
                By Zakarevh

Part 1 Mecca
                I have disembarked after a short journey across the al-Jazeera, finding myself in the holy city of the Arabs and other muslims. A pious friendly people, the Arabs, distant cousins to the Ottoman, live on the eastern coast of the al-Jazeera, from which it retains its name.

Their capital lies on a river much like the Volga, seasonally flooding for great fertility.

A small stone monument with Russian and Arab writing exists here near the coast to symbolize the first Russian to set foot in Mecca, none other than Catherine herself.

Things have changed greatly since then however, the small village is now a sprawling town full of foreign traders and country folk looking for paid day labour.
                Part 2 Custom and Religion
                The most noticeable thing in Mecca, and in fact, most of Araby, is how the locals go on and on about their deity and how kind and just he is, every greeting is a praise of their god, every goodbye the same. Though strange to me, I have during my travels in Arabia grown accustomed to it and even find it charming.

Their laws are strict, but fair, they all worship on the same day of the week, and they are hospitable and curious towards strangers.

I have enjoyed my stay here greatly, but the tales of the eastern lands, inhabited by Greeks draw me. This small valiant nation that challenged the legendary power of Byzantine is like an alluring call, I so desire to see and hear how these people live and if they have any knowledge of Russia.
                Part 3 The hinterlands
                As I travel east on the roads I see the Arab landscape outside Mecca. Fertile riverlands, rolling hills, many rich resources. Far to the south I can see the edge of greenfooted mountains, my travelling companions, Arab traders mostly, say that beyond them lies a perfectly circular crystal clear lake and then, a vast jungle just like southern Russia.

Fascinating. It seems that at a certain distance south, there is jungle everywhere. What wonders or horrors may live south of such savage lands? Two-headed monsters that were said to live in Araby in ancient times? Panthers and savages?

The Arabs have yet to settle here, so tales are just that, tales, often tall. Soon I will reach the border between Arabia and Greece, my fellow travellers tell me that the Greeks are very different from them, but there should be no danger. I hope they are right.

Zakarevh

Edit by Robert Plomp: fixed tables
                Last edited by Robert; November 6, 2009, 15:10.
                Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
                The Russian Dynasty:
                Samo the Headbanded
                Catherine the Progenitor
                Dominika Ekatarinova
                (Konya the Lost)
                Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Russia, please work on your table skills. It destroyed the page.
                  A table starts with a {table} tag, followed by a {tr} (row) tag, then {th} (headers) or {td} (cells) follow.
                  Every cell is ended with a {/td} tag, every row is ended with a {/tr} tag, then the table itself is again ended with a {/table} tag.

Please don't put hard returns outide the {td}{/td} cells. (ie. between a {tr} and a {td}.
                  The combination of vB and HTML does not allow that.

Thanks
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Ka sat on his throne and listend to his Spiritual advisors , great debate had occured over the true god.

Throughout the nation many bleieved diferent things some claimed this god others claimed that god.

Ka wanted so badly to find the truth. He had written to the Indians seeking greater understadnign but had been told the truth is there to see for yuorself.

He was not happy, so he turned to the Confucionists they sound more like his mind. Full of Confusion

Maybe they will enlighten us.

Comment

The Council of the Ice Sea

I am pleased to announce that the Holy Empire of Britannia, the Mali, the Eygptians and the Byzantines have agreed to form the Council of the Ice Sea to ensure the peaceful spread of civilisation in the great islands of the Ice Sea, the elimination of piracy and the equitable and peaceful division of resource among the nations of the council.

Further detail will emerge as it is agreed between the members.

Personally I intend to propose that another takes on the chair of the council, perhaps in some form of rotation. As the one who has proposed the formation of the council it is right that its first chair is another, perhaps William of Britannia or Hor-Aha of Egypt as proof that this council is about the equal treatment of independent nations.

My only sadness is that Catherine of Russia has refused to even discuss the Council, intent instead on securing land on the Ice Sea by force and threat of war. But I trust that the one god works in all things.

Theodosius
                      Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Tawantin Suyu is a troubled nation for she fears wars between her friends. No sooner had Quechua diplomats returned from the Palace of Wang Ka to settle our petty dispute with Korzan than news reaches us that harmony is no longer to be found between Russian and Byzantine. What ill has come upon the World that a mere island of no value should cause such anger and hostility.

Why does a mighty nation like Byzantium wish to take land from Russia? Why does Russia risk war with a mighty nation like Byzantium to lay claim to a worthless piece of land of no value to any? Is there something up there that we all should maybe know?

Itya Wanapi,
                        Apos, High Council of Tawantin Suyu
                        Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

Itya Wanapi,

Thank you for your concern. The world has indeed gone mad. I have taken no land from anyone. I have settled a deserted piece of tundra miles from Russia, which was spawning barbarians and pirates threatening my nation, the Greeks and Britannia, but somehow supposedly Russia has taken offence. Catherine has refused to even discuss the matter, or how to resolve it, and simple sends me one-liners saying she is coming to destroy me. A strange world - I would welcome mediators, for as it is it seems the Russians have a death wish, unless of course one sees sinister forces behind this contruction of a supposed offence. I am bewildered myself, but naturally Byzantium like any nation while seeking negotiation prepares to defend its cities. But until moments ago the Russians were my friends. It is a strange world from which diplomacy seems to be absent.

Theodosius.
                          Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Originally posted by Russia (DoC) View Post
                            Travels through Araby
                            By Zakarevh
                            Saladin is pleased with your writing of your visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
                              I am pleased to announce that the Holy Empire of Britannia, the Mali, the Eygptians and the Byzantines have agreed to form the Council of the Ice Sea to ensure the peaceful spread of civilisation in the great islands of the Ice Sea, the elimination of piracy and the equitable and peaceful division of resource among the nations of the council.

Further detail will emerge as it is agreed between the members.

Personally I intend to propose that another takes on the chair of the council, perhaps in some form of rotation. As the one who has proposed the formation of the council it is right that its first chair is another, perhaps William of Britannia or Hor-Aha of Egypt as proof that this council is about the equal treatment of independent nations.

My only sadness is that Catherine of Russia has refused to even discuss the Council, intent instead on securing land on the Ice Sea by force and threat of war. But I trust that the one god works in all things.

Theodosius
                              If Hor-Aha does not wish to take on the council chair then I would gladly except.

William Zi Britannia

Comment

William sits in his war room with to many thoughts going through his head. Britannia was between a rock and a hard place. On one side was the Byzantine nation who had never done anything to Britannia and who also followed the teaching of the one god. On the other side is the Russian nation led by an aggressive leadership who believed in the teachings of the fallen one but Britannia had made a deal with them to come to their aid when asked. William called for his brother to discus the situation.

Alexander walked in with his ax in his hand. “Brother you asked for me?” William looked up, “Yes please come in and close the door.” Alexander sat next to his brother, “So what will you do?” William thought for some time then spoke, “Take a small force to the area but do not engage unless engaged. Observe, report, give aid to the injured, and safe guard the weak. For now this is all I want done for now.” Alexander nodded, “I will do what you wish brother. I do not envy you.”

Alexander left to Las Noches to await the first of many war elephant guards.

Comment

Working...
                                X